• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prisoners bust out of locked Texas cell to help unconscious jailer

Patrickt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A sheriff's deputy was watching inmates in a holding cell waiting to go to court for sentencing. He suddenly collapsed and slid out of his chair. The prisoners yelled and no one responded. They broke out of the cell and rushed to the guard. He had no pulse. They beat on the steel doors and made enough noise that deputies in the courtroom above came running down. They gave CPR to the guard, put the prisoners back in their holding cell, and the ambulance came and used paddles to get the guards heart going again. He's expected to recover.

Watch the video. It's worth a few minutes.
Prisoners bust out of locked Texas cell to help unconscious jailer | Fox News

I was a cop for thirty years and in that time I met perhaps a dozen truly evil people and some of those were politicians. Most of the crooks were evil or even very bad.

Re: Prisoners save guards life....

While there's always been sociopaths and psychopaths, a lot of people in prison just made some bad choices at some point in their life.

Great story! I knew a really cool gal from Weatherford, everyone here would've loved her. I sent her a package and had to call the Weatherford post office and the ladies there were helpful and charming. I guess this counters another thread about Texans being hateful.

I really don't understand why Texas is so polarizing, but this is a great feel-good story, especially as the Dallas police are searching now for potential bombs in their parking garage.

I really don't understand why Texas is so polarizing, but this is a great feel-good story, especially as the Dallas police are searching now for potential bombs in their parking garage.

Because Texas is a big state that isn't following in line with what one side of the political isle wants. We're stubborn like that.

While there's always been sociopaths and psychopaths, a lot of people in prison just made some bad choices at some point in their life.

I sure do agree with that.

And then the dominoes start to fall.

A sheriff's deputy was watching inmates in a holding cell waiting to go to court for sentencing. He suddenly collapsed and slid out of his chair. The prisoners yelled and no one responded. They broke out of the cell and rushed to the guard. He had no pulse. They beat on the steel doors and made enough noise that deputies in the courtroom above came running down. They gave CPR to the guard, put the prisoners back in their holding cell, and the ambulance came and used paddles to get the guards heart going again. He's expected to recover.

Watch the video. It's worth a few minutes.
Prisoners bust out of locked Texas cell to help unconscious jailer | Fox News

I was a cop for thirty years and in that time I met perhaps a dozen truly evil people and some of those were politicians. Most of the crooks were evil or even very bad.

People often forget that prisoners are just people that got caught for something, mostly stupid stuff like not paying traffic tickets.

This sounded like they were in jail, not prison.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

People often forget that prisoners are just people that got caught for something, mostly stupid stuff like not paying traffic tickets.

They're people who do stupid things but it's certainly not paying traffic tickets. One of the men interviewed on television was returning to prison for his fourth time. Don't pretend these were just normal citizens with a traffic ticket. At least some were convicted felons waiting to be sentenced. They still helped the sheriff's deputy.

Back
Top Bottom