• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prison reform?

Something that shows that there are ZERO incidents where rape is investigated after a credible report is made.

Ok, three things.

1. I never EVER said that prison guards NEVER investigate something. Don't put words in my mouth.
2. Besides, there's a big difference between investigating it and actually doing something tangible about it.
3. What manner would you accept? I gave you a pair of videos that can outline exactly the kind list that I want from you.

Ok, three things.

1. I never EVER said that prison guards NEVER investigate something. Don't put words in my mouth.
2. Besides, there's a big difference between investigating it and actually doing something tangible about it.
3. What manner would you accept? I gave you a pair of videos that can outline exactly the kind list that I want from you.

You didn't ask me for proof of **** So #3 is out the window.
You've yet to prove anything in #2.
Don't demand proof from other posters for something and then say crap that you can't prove yourself.

Don't put yourself in that position. How do you not put yourself in that position? Stop using "SHOW PROOF!" every time someone says something you don't want to hear on DP.

You didn't ask me for proof of **** So #3 is out the window.
You've yet to prove anything in #2.
Don't demand proof from other posters for something and then say crap that you can't prove yourself.
Oh, I'm pretty sure I can prove it.

All I ask of you is to tell me what you would accept as proof.

Now, are you going to tell me EXACTLY what you would accept as proof, or not?

Now, are you going to tell me EXACTLY what you would accept as proof, or not?

Prove it to me. Prove it to me that Prisoners who engage in prison rape are not punished.

Make sure your examples are not based solely upon the incident that was investigated and nothing was done because nothing could be determined.

Taking Bubba Joe prisoner's word for it when an investigation was done and nothing can be proven isn't proof that it happened and the guards did nothing about it.

If the next post in this thread is not a thorough, detailed explanation of what you would accept as proof, a la what the videos I showed you outlined, then I will presume that your answer is "no proof will convince me," and I will declare victory by forfeit.

If the next post in this thread is not a thorough, detailed explanation of what you would accept as proof, a la what the videos I showed you outlined, then I will presume that your answer is "no proof will convince me," and I will declare victory by forfeit.

LOL... Okay.... Im not doing your work for you. I told you want I would NOT consider proof. Its your job to go out and find something that doesn't meet those limited criteria.

This is for you....
Must_Win_Internet_by_DanShive.jpg

Focus on the Family, George Soros's Open Society Policy Center, the American Conservative Union and the American Civil Liberties Union are all furious with Attorney General Eric Holder -- and amazingly enough, it's about the same thing.

The incitement for such an unusual alliance is the Justice Department's failure to act in the face of a challenge to fundamental human dignity: The ongoing, almost commonplace rape of prisoners at the hands of other prisoners or prison guards. Estimates based on a 2007 DOJ survey of inmates suggest that more than 60,000 prisoners -- or about 1 in 20 -- are sexually assaulted each year.

I think it is horrendous that people put in jail are subjected to prison rape. It seems a whole coalition feels the same way and Eric Holder has let them down. This is probably one of those "orphan problems." People just don't give a damn. But they should because we are releasing these damaged people back in society. Walking wounded, one might say.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/17/doj-footdragging-on-priso_n_685165.html

Last edited:

Middleaged!! How old are you? Or is it just a slow day?

It's just the nature of men.
Locked away from women, they get horny.

Don't generalize men with that ****. Rapes by inmates occur in female prisons as well. It is not the nature of men. Considering blacks are overwhelmingly the perpetrators are you going to argue that rape and out-of-control sexuality is the nature of blacks?

Additionally, in all-male environments, a primal instinct takes over, where men feel they have to vie for status by exerting dominance over others. Rape is one way they do this.
Other primates studied in the wild have exhibited this same behavior. It's obviously innate to men's natures.

Violence, abuse, and oppression come naturally to both genders though it is not innate to either. You would be incorrect to assume the existence of something in nature indicates it is innate.

But that would mean reforming the way that men's brains are fundamentally put together, and I doubt too many people would be down with that.

My brain is not fundamentally put together for rape despite what you might think.

Don't generalize men with that ****. Rapes by inmates occur in female prisons as well. It is not the nature of men. Considering blacks are overwhelmingly the perpetrators are you going to argue that rape and out-of-control sexuality is the nature of blacks?

Prisoners are far too many rights in America. Food, bed toilet. Thats good enough.

BUUUT..... these convicts have one or more of three things
ONE: Emotional mental issues
TWO: learned negative traits
THREE: Chemical imbalance

TREAT THEM while in prison!!!! Professional (non-government approved orgs) need to evaluate and treat EACH CONVICT in a hyper-intense manner. This is for obvious reasons. There should be NO unsupervised outside contact. Each and every convict needs to be treated as if in a mental / addiction hospital.

Prisoners are far too many rights in America. Food, bed toilet. Thats good enough.

BUUUT..... these convicts have one or more of three things
ONE: Emotional mental issues
TWO: learned negative traits
THREE: Chemical imbalance

TREAT THEM while in prison!!!! Professional (non-government approved orgs) need to evaluate and treat EACH CONVICT in a hyper-intense manner. This is for obvious reasons. There should be NO unsupervised outside contact. Each and every convict needs to be treated as if in a mental / addiction hospital.

Although prisoners are adults, they have varying levels of functional ability to deal with stuff that ordinary adults deal with. Some suffer from psychological illness. Some are long-time substance abusers. Some can't read. Some don't know how to apply for a job, write a check, drive, use a computer, do various other things that the world expects them to know how to do. This is because a lot of them come from generational poverty.
If they are not counseled, mentored, and brought up to speed on some of these life skills they need to maneuver in the world, there's hardly any point in releasing them.
They won't make it. They can't. They'll end up back in prison, and during the time they're out, they may hurt someone, or at least cause property damage.

To me, prison is a unique opportunity that we as a society have to try to right some of these imbalances. When we don't take the opportunity to do that, we're only hurting ourselves, in the long run.

Although prisoners are adults, they have varying levels of functional ability to deal with stuff that ordinary adults deal with. Some suffer from psychological illness. Some are long-time substance abusers. Some can't read. Some don't know how to apply for a job, write a check, drive, use a computer, do various other things that the world expects them to know how to do. This is because a lot of them come from generational poverty.
If they are not counseled, mentored, and brought up to speed on some of these life skills they need to maneuver in the world, there's hardly any point in releasing them.
They won't make it. They can't. They'll end up back in prison, and during the time they're out, they may hurt someone, or at least cause property damage.

To me, prison is a unique opportunity that we as a society have to try to right some of these imbalances. When we don't take the opportunity to do that, we're only hurting ourselves, in the long run.

Yes. I agree as you can see. Now give me a thanks! :2razz: :lol:

Well, i don't think we're exactly on the same page, but okay. i thanked you. ;)

((((HUG)))) :)

I am for reforming these criminals because each and every one of them has a reason why they did what they did. I also feel their liberties... while treated.... are suspended under professional supervision. They can NOT run a mob behind bars.

((((HUG)))) :)

I am for reforming these criminals because each and every one of them has a reason why they did what they did. I also feel their liberties... while treated.... are suspended under professional supervision. They can NOT run a mob behind bars.

No, I agree. I don't think the luxuries they do get- unhealthy treats, weights, television- are necessarily what they need.
I'd like to see resources spent on providing them with different amenities and services than the ones currently offered, ones that might actually help them in the free world.

No, I agree. I don't think the luxuries they do get- unhealthy treats, weights, television- are necessarily what they need.
I'd like to see resources spent on providing them with different amenities and services than the ones currently offered, ones that might actually help them in the free world.
I concur. TV, music and weight lifting are negative things. Dealings with their problems... their demons... mental health and eduacation is the ONLY way to turn bad into good.

I concur. TV, music and weight lifting are negative things. Dealings with their problems... their demons... mental health and eduacation is the ONLY way to turn bad into good.

How about tattoo removal?
That would be a good one. Give some of these poor guys a new lease on life.
That, and really good dental care.
I know, these are luxuries even the middle classes can't afford half the time.
But I think in the case of many prisoners, they'd make a real difference.
It's hard to relate to others in a positive way when your face, neck, and hands are covered with stupid racist tattoos you got in juvenile detention when you were thirteen, because you thought you had to in order to survive.
Hard to relate to others in a positive way when your teeth are discolored and crumbling with rot because of drugs, or because you never had dental care as a child.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom