• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prison Being Prepared for Democrat Convention Protestors Who Get Sassy

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Associated Press-
A shuttered Philadelphia prison that was built 120 years ago and once used inmates as test subjects for biochemical research is being readied in case space is needed to hold protesters arrested during the Democratic National Convention.

Tens of thousands of protesters are expected at the July 25-28 convention.

Officials with the city's prison system tell the Philadelphia Inquirer Holmesburg Prison can be used if needed for mass arrests. The prison was closed in 1995.

Inmates would be kept in the prison's recently renovated gymnasium. Cell blocks would not be used.

Officials say the gym has 100 beds, showers and air conditioning.

The city has decriminalized some minor offenses related to demonstrations, and officials aren't anticipating large numbers of arrests during the convention.

Shuttered prison being prepared for Democratic convention

Seems to me they should flip the script, usher the DNC into the prison, lead the protestors into Wells Fargo Center (home of the DNC convention) and let the protestors eat the expensive catering and champagne that taxpayer money paid for. Hurrah!

A sign of good planning IMHO

To house protestors in a 120 year old prison that we closed in 1995 for being unsafe? You probably want Hillary detractors to be sent to Siberia too once General Secretary Clinton is elected.

To house protestors in a 120 year old prison that we closed in 1995 for being unsafe? You probably want Hillary detractors to be sent to Siberia too once General Secretary Clinton is elected.
lol Ill quot what you copied and pasted in case you didnt actually read it.

Inmates would be kept in the prison's recently renovated gymnasium. Cell blocks would not be used.

Officials say the gym has 100 beds, showers and air conditioning.

The city has decriminalized some minor offenses related to demonstrations, and officials aren't anticipating large numbers of arrests during the convention.

So it appears that you didnt read or understand what you copied and pasted.

Setting up an expanded drunk tank is pretty much SOP for big events, but why let facts get in the way of rank demonization?

Btw, OP, taxpayers don't pay for conventions, other than standard police presence.

Setting up an expanded drunk tank is pretty much SOP for big events, but why let facts get in the way of rank demonization?

Btw, OP, taxpayers don't pay for conventions, other than standard police presence.

I know, I know.

Funny story, my dad was a truck driver in the early 80's when the DNC was held in San Francisco. He would deliver a lot of personal packages as part of his route, sometimes to ritzy hotels. So while the convention was going on, he got a delivery at a 5 star hotel. So he gets the room number, takes the elevator. Turns out it was a congressman from Michigan who he was delivering a package to.

So he knocks on the door, it opens, and there's the congressman, who I won't name, sitting in his underwear on a chair, a passed out girl in bra and panties on the bed, booze bottles strewn about, and the guy that opened the door for my dad grabs the package, doesn't tip and ushers him out fast.

For some reason I was just reminded of that story.

Gitmo. They should be sent to Gitmo. :mrgreen:

You got me all wrong friend.................

I have no great feeling for either......

But suggesting she is some way associated with communism is without merit and down-right silly............

You got me all wrong friend.................

I have no great feeling for either......

But suggesting she is some way associated with communism is without merit and down-right silly............

Maybe the Stalin reference was not completely accurate. I think Hillary idolizes Mao more anyway, she even tries to dress like him.

Chairman Hillary sounds more appropriate.

lol Ill quot what you copied and pasted in case you didnt actually read it.

So it appears that you didnt read or understand what you copied and pasted.

Hilarious.

Maybe the Stalin reference was not completely accurate. I think Hillary idolizes Mao more anyway, she even tries to dress like him.

Chairman Hillary sounds more appropriate.

REALLY..........stop wasting my time with your silliness

Back
Top Bottom