• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Princeton professor faces three years in jail for saying Poles killed more Jews than

Professors statement is?

• Total voters
Re: Princeton professor faces three years in jail for saying Poles killed more Jews t

The professor being correct or not is irrelevant.
What is WRONG is the idea that he could go to jail for making the statement

Re: Princeton professor faces three years in jail for saying Poles killed more Jews t

The professor being correct or not is irrelevant.
What is WRONG is the idea that he could go to jail for making the statement
Exactly.

What, you want me to say they never happened? Sorry bud I'm not going to play your game. Nice try though.

There were undoubtedly some Polish resistance groups which didn't like the Jews---but when one country supplies a full quarter of the Righteous among Nations, claiming that the country was more interested in killing Jews than Nazis is a shaky claim at best.

So Im supposed to believe you because... you say so? LOL looks like you lost this argument.

I literally provided a link in regards to the number of Polish Righteous Among Nations the post before that one.

Here's it again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Righteous_Among_the_Nations

You fail basic reading, apparently
LOL you keep putting up that link- as if it means something to the argument. Thats like saying the Germans didnt kill any Jews because Oskar Schindler was given that title. Your debate skills are a joke.

LOL you keep putting up that link- as if it means something to the argument. Thats like saying the Germans didnt kill any Jews because Oskar Schindler was given that title. Your debate skills are a joke.

Your argument is that the vast majority of Poles spent more time killing Jews than they did fighting Germans. If that were the case so many Poles certainly wouldn't be part of the righteous among nations.

And your debating style of repeating "lol I win" over and over isn't a argument, so....

Your argument is that the vast majority of Poles spent more time killing Jews than they did fighting Germans. If that were the case so many Poles certainly wouldn't be part of the righteous among nations.

And your debating style of repeating "lol I win" over and over isn't a argument, so....

I didnt say the vast majority of Poles were killing Jews. Youve become so desperate now youre resorting to outright lies.

The professors claim is that the Poles overall killed more Jews than they did Germans. Based on the sheer numbers and the links Ive provided (and others too) I say that his theory is plausible. If youve read any of the links or even the OP you would realize that the professor who made the claim is a Jew himself and there are other academics who said the same thing.

The fact that you post links about how many Poles were given the righteous of persons award is irrelevant. The fact hat you cant post anything that backs your position up is damning. Youve got nothing. And you continue to post about nothing.

I didnt say the vast majority of Poles were killing Jews. Youve become so desperate now youre resorting to outright lies.

The professors claim is that the Poles overall killed more Jews than they did Germans. Based on the sheer numbers and the links Ive provided (and others too) I say that his theory is plausible. If youve read any of the links or even the OP you would realize that the professor who made the claim is a Jew himself and there are other academics who said the same thing.

The fact that you post links about how many Poles were given the righteous of persons award is irrelevant. The fact hat you cant post anything that backs your position up is damning. Youve got nothing. And you continue to post about nothing.

That's the entire point of the article written by the professor your defending. That's why the Polish government is claiming he insulted the nation.

It's not "irrelevant" when they literally made up a quarter of the entire group. Thousands of Poles risked death and torture on a daily basis saving Jews, and this guy is spitting on that.

I already knew the guy was a Jew, so.....

He's probably not wrong. But, the idiots who are charging him with a crime most certainly are.

Agreed, the law stifles speech.

That's the entire point of the article written by the professor your defending. That's why the Polish government is claiming he insulted the nation.

It's not "irrelevant" when they literally made up a quarter of the entire group. Thousands of Poles risked death and torture on a daily basis saving Jews, and this guy is spitting on that.

I already knew the guy was a Jew, so.....

The Germans were very good at unleashing natural hatreds. And, many poles hated Jews, as did many others in most of Eastern Europe. It's a reasonable hypothesis that the Poles killed more Jews than Germans.

The Germans were very good at unleashing natural hatreds. And, many poles hated Jews, as did many others in most of Eastern Europe. It's a reasonable hypothesis that the Poles killed more Jews than Germans.

Yeah, but the Germans were also killing off Poles by the truckload. Once again, there was some anti semitism, but hardly to the point where they would forgo going after the Germans to attack Jews

Yeah, but the Germans were also killing off Poles by the truckload. Once again, there was some anti semitism, but hardly to the point where they would forgo going after the Germans to attack Jews

I think its unlikely that Poles killed more Jews than Germans but not impossible, I also think you underestimate how severe anti-semitism was in Poland. There were brutal pogroms even after the war concluded. My family was forced out of the country due to the savage violence and hatred in the post-war period.

How is thinking Poles weren't anti Semitic "denying the Holocaust"?

One possible explanation for denying Polish anti-Semitism is to deny anti-Semitism and the holocaust all together. Another, more likely explanation, is ignorance and an unwillingness to do simple research.

Ah, but it often was "help" at the point of a bayonet.

Yet they didn't get that kind of help in countries like Holland, Denmark, Norway, etc. To deny Polish anti-Semitism is to refuse to look at a history book.

I think its unlikely that Poles killed more Jews than Germans but not impossible, I also think you underestimate how severe anti-semitism was in Poland. There were brutal pogroms even after the war concluded. My family was forced out of the country due to the savage violence and hatred in the post-war period.

One possible explanation for denying Polish anti-Semitism is to deny anti-Semitism and the holocaust all together. Another, more likely explanation, is ignorance and an unwillingness to do simple research.

Yet they didn't get that kind of help in countries like Holland, Denmark, Norway, etc. To deny Polish anti-Semitism is to refuse to look at a history book.

Once again, a quarter of all the Righetous Among Nations---in total---were Poles. I'm not denying there were some who hated Jews, but on the whole......

Back
Top Bottom