• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prince's drug dealer speaks: $40,000 at a time for 25 years...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
EXCLUSIVE: Prince's former drug dealer tells how the legend spent $40,000 at a time on six-month supplies of Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches - highly addictive opioid pain killers - for 25 years

ttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555292/Prince-s-former-drug-dealer-reveals-extent-addiction.html

Had not slept for 154 HOURS before his death...

Prince stayed awake for SIX DAYS before his death as pals fear 'dodgy doctor' prescriptions
...Had not slept for 154 HOURS before his death...

Prince stayed awake for SIX DAYS before his death as pals fear 'dodgy doctor' prescriptions - Mirror Online

Amazing how much abuse the human body can take.

Um... sure... I buy it. (Daily Mail and Mirror Online.)

Um... sure... I buy it. (Daily Mail and Mirror Online.)

Often times, they print stories that the American MSM ignore or refuse to print. The MSM is so liberal biased, most of the time, they will ignore anything that goes against that.

I feel a bit diminished having read this.

If true, it's not entirely surprising since Prince was in constant pain for years. His hips and ankles were basically shot.

Years of running around on stage dancing around and performing. He apparently had hip replacement surgery in 2010.

During the 1980s he was basically touring nonstop.

Years of running around on stage dancing around and performing. He apparently had hip replacement surgery in 2010.

I had no idea about that, since I never paid much attention to him....his very small frame suffered it seemed.

plus he spent lots of time playing hoops. Not a bad player for a guy who was what 5-2?

pain (killer) addiction is brutal-I have seen it ruin three really good attorneys-one I grew up with, two I tried cases against and respected as worthy adversaries.

Last edited:
I had no idea about that, since I never paid much attention to him....his very small frame suffered it seemed.

Some guys like Springsteen can tour like that and not fall apart, but yeah, Prince was a pretty slightly built dude and his body just gave out.

Some guys like Springsteen can tour like that and not fall apart, but yeah, Prince was a pretty slightly built dude and his body just gave out.

Very sad.

Fentanyl is often used to wean addicts off of opiates; however, it is very easy to overdose.

Thanks for that info.....

Very sad.

Thanks for that info.....

A good friend's brother was in a car accident and got hooked on vicodin; the doctors gave him fentanyl patches to wean him off the vicodin. He was eventually OK, until a few months later when he put on one of the fentanyl patches and dropped dead.

A good friend's brother was in a car accident and got hooked on vicodin; the doctors gave him fentanyl patches to wean him off the vicodin. He was eventually OK, until a few months later when he put on one of the fentanyl patches and dropped dead.

OMG why did it suddenly kill him? Was it too much at one time, because he wasn't addicted to the drugs anymore? That's so tragic.

It might also have something to do with how well they take care of themselves. If Prince was an addict, he probably wasn't taking care of his body. If he were taking care of himself, he would have been getting meds from the doctor... not from the streets. I realize addiction is hard, but I think it's obvious he was neglecting self-care based on all the facts.

I'll suspend belief until its verified by more reliable sources.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame, and it's always after the person is dead. You can say anything you want. Maybe his drug dealer will get a book deal, assuming he was even his dealer to begin with.

Typical.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame, and it's always after the person is dead. You can say anything you want. Maybe his drug dealer will get a book deal, assuming he was even his dealer to begin with.

Typical.

His drug dealer should get a prison term, not a book deal.

OMG why did it suddenly kill him? Was it too much at one time, because he wasn't addicted to the drugs anymore? That's so tragic.

That's exactly what happened. His tolerance was gone.

Things like hip cartilage are things you never think about amd take for granted until they're gone. Having degenerative osteoarthritis in your hips is awful. And this is coming from someone who's had both hips replaced before his 35th birthday. So if his hips were shot like you say...man thats such an unrelenting constant unyielding pain...ugh

Things like hip cartilage are things you never think about amd take for granted until they're gone. Having degenerative osteoarthritis in your hips is awful. And this is coming from someone who's had both hips replaced before his 35th birthday. So if his hips were shot like you say...man thats such an unrelenting constant unyielding pain...ugh

I don't know if you know who Eddie Dibbs is but I remember talking to him when he was playing an exhibition tennis event in conjunction with what is now the Masters 1000 event near Cincinnati He had double hip replacement at a young age and he noted his pain was brutal before he had it. Dibbs style was that of a human backboard-bringing ball after ball back with heavy pace but unlike big servers or attackers he didn't win many easy points. He was the quintessential grinder and that meant his hips took a horrible beating

Back
Top Bottom