• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prince William engaged to be married

Laila

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton are engaged and will marry next spring or summer in London — a royal wedding that Britons have been eagerly awaiting for years.

The announcement Tuesday by royal officials ends an on-again, off-again romance that began after the two met more than eight years ago as students at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland.

Prince Charles' Clarence House office said the heir to the British throne is "delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Catherine Middleton." It said they got engaged last month during a vacation in Kenya.

The Associated Press: UK's Prince William engaged to longtime girlfriend

About time too

But someone should tell her to steer clear of Greeks offering car rides round Paris. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
He gave Middleton the engagement ring once worn by his late mother, Diana — an oval blue sapphire surrounded by diamonds from the jeweler Garrard.

"This was my way of making sure that my mother didn't miss out on today," William said as the couple posed for photographers in the state apartments at St. James' Palace.

good for him.

Personally, I'm waiting for the kegger that'll be Prince Harry's wedding.

The Associated Press: UK's Prince William engaged to longtime girlfriend

About time too

But someone should tell her to steer clear of Greeks offering car rides round Paris. :mrgreen:

FYI you missed the mark by the width of the Mediterranean Sea, Diana's boy friend was known as Dodi Fayed in English but was Emad El-Din Mohamed Abdel Moneim Fayed and was Egyptian not Greek.

1467537_410.jpg

She is bound to be the most beautiful Queen ever.

Last edited:
When Harry has a real job then I'll respect him and his marriage. Some pretty little thing is going to get rich for merely looking good while Harry is rich because he was birthed by the right people. I could care less but kudos to the spoiled.

When Harry has a real job then I'll respect him and his marriage. Some pretty little thing is going to get rich for merely looking good while Harry is rich because he was birthed by the right people. I could care less but kudos to the spoiled.

Oh man, digsbe. I do not like most rich people because they inherit EVERYTHING. And that includes the fact that many of them think they are great because their daddy or mommy put them into managerial positions in their companies. So they feel like they have accomplished a lot, which they haven't. But still I do not talk down to them. Instead I laugh behind their back because they are scum and they will never come to terms with it.

I love when royalty gets married, its a special time when all the media can pretend the royalty still matters.

Err, Prince William, the eldest son, is getting married. Prince Harry is the younger son, and was in Afghanistan on behalf of the British Armed Forces.

Oh man, digsbe. I do not like most rich people because they inherit EVERYTHING. And that includes the fact that many of them think they are great because their daddy or mommy put them into managerial positions in their companies. So they feel like they have accomplished a lot, which they haven't. But still I do not talk down to them. Instead I laugh behind their back because they are scum and they will never come to terms with it.

Well, to their credit, Prince William and Prince Harry didn't choose to be born from royalty. They can help that they were born into royalty any more than those born into poverty can help that.

And they're welcome to it, as far as I'm concerned. Those two have never in their life known what real privacy is like, and will never know for as long as they live. I wouldn't want that on my worst enemy.

Back
Top Bottom