• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Prime Minister Questions Time

Arch Enemy

Familiaist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Who watchs this show?

It's basically a weekly meeting between the Prime Minster and Parliament.. it's too funny.. they should so do this in America so we can really see how smart Bush is without his notes.

http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page306.asp

(go there if you wanna watch an episode online)

Arch Enemy said:
Who watchs this show?

It's basically a weekly meeting between the Prime Minster and Parliament.. it's too funny.. they should so do this in America so we can really see how smart Bush is without his notes.

No kidding. This stuff is a hoot. We do need to do this here, but I'm afraid our American pols just don't have the wits for it. I've always loved watching this stuff on BBC.

PMQ is what makes British Politics interesting.

1. The leader of the country every week is questioned about his policies. Something the US NEEDS. In a pure democracy the leaders polcies should always be challeneged.

2. Plus politicans can poke fun at each other.

I love British politics. I watched Congress once. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GarzaUK said:
PMQ is what makes British Politics interesting.

Yeah, but now Cameron wants to take it away.

PMQ's is pretty good, and its nice to see politicians get at each others throats face to face now and again.

GarzaUK said:
I love British politics. I watched Congress once. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No kidding, man, like watching grass grow.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mixedmedia said:
No kidding, man, like watching grass grow.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

or paint dry.

If this Cameron guy gets this show tooken away, I am going to become a politican just the reinstate this show. It's amazing, really shows you how smart your leader is... Blair rocks that show.. simply amazing.

Arch Enemy said:
If this Cameron guy gets this show tooken away, I am going to become a politican just the reinstate this show. It's amazing, really shows you how smart your leader is... Blair rocks that show.. simply amazing.

He is good at the arguing, but Cameron won't get it removed, it'll all be polite and less shouty if he has his way, but thats the only thing that makes it interesting.

Plain old me said:
He is good at the arguing, but Cameron won't get it removed, it'll all be polite and less shouty if he has his way, but thats the only thing that makes it interesting.

Polite and less shouty would be a real shame. You can tell that they are enjoying themselves and it probably lessens the pressure on them to be able to let loose the way they do. It would be a damn shame...and probably counterproductive.

Not that its terribly productive the way it is...all the Government MP's questions are sommit along the lines of 'We're great, arn't we Prime Minister?' But it is nice when they come close to a full scale punch up.:mrgreen:

Plain old me said:
Not that its terribly productive the way it is...all the Government MP's questions are sommit along the lines of 'We're great, arn't we Prime Minister?' But it is nice when they come close to a full scale punch up.:mrgreen:

Yeah, I see your point, but it seems being able to vent a little in that way would be healthy for when it does come time to be productive. Of course, being productive isn't a strong suit of any politician anywhere, lol. It all seems good natured for the most part though. I don't know if you've ever seen the Frank Capra movie Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, but I would like to think our pols would have a little of that spirit.
But no, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

good movie Mixed!

I think that this show also helps weed out those who are true about leadership. I am sure each candidate has to be really wanting to be Prime Minister to take on congress on World (sort of) television, I personally couldn't handle that.

And I do think it does ease the stress. I mean, it is said that even in Valhalla (place where people are killing each other over and over again, preparing for a final show-down.. where they KNOW they're going to die forever) they shout and be merry in the meadhall.

Arch Enemy said:
Who watchs this show?

I LOVE this show and watch it whenever I can.
Last week the US was being questioned for "Rendition" and our continued support of the Death Penalty.

Can you imagine Bush in this kind of setting?

hipsterdufus said:
I LOVE this show and watch it whenever I can.
Last week the US was being questioned for "Rendition" and our continued support of the Death Penalty.

Can you imagine Bush in this kind of setting?

He'd be utterly destroyed, he couldn't possibly do well.

Same for alot of our Presidents.

Arch Enemy said:
He'd be utterly destroyed, he couldn't possibly do well.

Same for alot of our Presidents.

Can't help but get a perverse thrill at the thought of it though. :mrgreen:

I know what you mean.

They should have a score board, and on this score board it should tally the amount of logic fallacies commited by Bush inc.

Arch Enemy said:
I know what you mean.

They should have a score board, and on this score board it should tally the amount of logic fallacies commited by Bush inc.

Right....and it'd have to be a real big scoreboard. I'd like to see each one of the major players in this administration take their turn in the hot seat, not just dubya. The only one that would come out on top, I think, would be Rumsfeld. He's a scrappy guy with a sense of humor. And even though he's not a key player, I'd like to see Scott McClellan in there, just for kicks, just because he annoys the hell out of me.

Just to let you know maybe why the House of Commons is so "spirited". It was announced in a paper today that British Memebers of Parliament consumed 250,000 pints of beer in the past 90 days in the Houses of Parliament bar.

Yeah you heard me, our Houses of Parliament has a bar!! :2razz: We Brits are way cooler lol.

GarzaUK said:
Just to let you know maybe why the House of Commons is so "spirited". It was announced in a paper today that British Memebers of Parliament consumed 250,000 pints of beer in the past 90 days in the Houses of Parliament bar.

Yeah you heard me, our Houses of Parliament has a bar!! :2razz: We Brits are way cooler lol.

Awwww, man. We suck. :mrgreen:

GarzaUK said:

Big deal!...250,000 pints...

Ted Kennedy calls that Tuesday!...

cnredd said:
Big deal!...250,000 pints...

Ted Kennedy calls that Tuesday!...

Hey, who let the republican in here?

mixedmedia said:
Hey, who let the republican in here?
Woo!...Woo-Woo!...

I'm sorry...

Wrong song?...:doh

Back