• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Priests purify shrine after Bush visit

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Don't believe it for a moment that the purification was because of the dogs, no my friends, it is because of President Bush's visit to the sacred shrine that the Hindu priests saw it necessary to purify the tainted site. Of course it's my humble opinion but you people know I'm probably right.

Gandhi's great grandson, Tushar Gandhi, who called the incident a "national shame," probably ordered the cleansing. Many Hindu's and Indians objected to Bush's visit because of his invasion of and attack on Iraq.

NEW DELHI (AP) — Hindu priests who look after the memorial of Indian independence leader Mohandas Gandhi conducted a purification ceremony at the shrine after a visit from President Bush. But it wasn't the president who offended them, it was the sniffer-dogs who scoured the area ahead of his visit.
After the dog visit, the memorial was cleansed with water brought from the Ganges river, which Hindus consider holy, the Hindustan Times newspaper reported Sunday.

Bush visited the memorial on Thursday during his three day visit to India. The site, where pacifist icon Gandhi was cremated, is considered sacred and all visitors, including Bush and his wife Laura, removed their shoes before going in...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-03-05-shrine-cleaning_x.htm

FYI: Your hysterical and partsian hate stops at nothing, kidrocks. That's why no one is listening. Your posts don't mean anything to anyone anymore.

ok so thats one temple done...how do we do the rest of the world?

KCConservative said:
FYI: Your hysterical and partsian hate stops at nothing, kidrocks. That's why no one is listening. Your posts don't mean anything to anyone anymore.

Chill out KC...

It's not hate it's just injecting a little humor here, you really didn't think that the Hindu priests meant to offend Bush with a double entendre, did you?

Hmmm, you just may be right. :cool:

Different country, different customs. And like it or not, they should be respected.

HOWEVER, this seems to be much ado about nothing as there's no clear reason why the dogs shouldn't have been allowed in the temple. The outcries are coming from 2 different camps it seems. One camp is claiming that it's insulting to the Indians and assumes they would have planted a bomb there. The other camp just doesn't care for Bush (source) Neither of which are really the basis for a legitimate outcry in my opinion as the Hindu belief in reincarnation enforces the belief that humans and animals have souls and are both 'divine' and many of the gods in Hindu dharma are animals (i.e. Ganeesha as an elephant)

I wonder if they used an imported American product like Lysol or Glade Plug Ins?:lol: :lol:

KidRocks said:
It's not hate it's just injecting a little humor here
In that case, your post is in the wrong category. Humor is that way ------------>

KCConservative said:
In that case, your post is in the wrong category. Humor is that way ------------>

<------------------------- And the basement is that way!

LOL... and I love it! Is this country great, or what! :cool:

KidRocks said:
<------------------------- And the basement is that way!
An even better idea. I agree with the kid. Move this to the basement.

KCConservative said:
An even better idea. I agree with the kid. Move this to the basement.

You may be right. I'm sure it's hard for a righty to deal with a post like this one without the usual insults and viotrol.

I believe what you are suggesting is "take the gloves off?":duel

I stand corrected...let me rephrase.

A Bush cultist. Better? :2wave:

Willoughby said:
ok so thats one temple done...how do we do the rest of the world?

We want our babies to come into a Bush-free world!

Therefore, we all have to do our part like pray, and perform our own little purification ceremonies world-wide, wherever President Bush has visited, whatever country, whatever State, city, town, village.

We can do it!

We can drive Bush back to Texas from whence he came from. :cool:

THIS is pure????
:2rofll:
ganges.jpg

KidRocks said:
We can drive Bush back to Texas from whence he came from. :cool:

Uh, Please, that would be Connecticut. ;)

Back
Top Bottom