• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Priest killed after attackers chanted Daesh in France. [W: 75]

Re: Priest killed after attackers chanted Daesh in France.

These horrifying attacks happen on a near-daily basis now in France and Germany.
I understand they have decapitated the priest and critically injured another man inside the church before being shot and killed by French police.

These horrifying attacks happen on a near-daily basis now in France and Germany.
I understand they have decapitated the priest and critically injured another man inside the church before being shot and killed by French police.

You have to wonder what the tipping point is for the French.

You have to wonder what the tipping point is for the French.

Hmm this is very strange... no real ISIS supporter would EVER should Daesh, as it is an insult to the group.

I can see some very interesting discussions ahead as well as some difficult decisions by heads of European govt. This has to be dealt with somehow, these occurrences are far too common.

This is only recently. In other countries it has been going on at this pace for years. When the US took hits in the pre-2001 period the response was muted in Europe. You do not see daily reports of the terror victims in Israel. Most hits in Pakistan, Sudan, China or Chechnya go unmentioned. But, of course, that is not France.

I do wonder, how things will develop. If the killings go on, the questions of restitution of damages will be more prevalent. So far nobody seems to be asking how governments help the victims after losing the head of household and the income stream they produced. I mean, the basis of any legitimacy of the state, the strongest reason for big government and the acceptance of no gun policies found on the credibility of government protecting the citizen.

The murdered priest was 86 years old.
The critically injured person is a nun.
Hollande has arrived at the scene.
French PM expressed "horror at the barbaric attack on a church".

According to Hollande it's terror attack made by two terrorists which pledged to IS - https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/757905929949945856

That's unusual attack, It isn't attack on western values but attack based on religion. They killed the priest during his religious ritual.

According to Hollande it's terror attack made by two terrorists which pledged to IS - https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/757905929949945856

That's unusual attack, It isn't attack on western values but attack based on religion. They killed the priest during his religious ritual.

It's not that unusual when you consider how ISIS have treated other religions, even how they have treated people within Islam.
They have called upon European Muslims to take up this fight, these calls have increased In the last month as Isis is being pushed back.

Heading to Paris on Sunday for 3 days. Going to rent a bicycle to get around, no way I'm going on the metro right now.

It's not that unusual when you consider how ISIS have treated other religions, even how they have treated people within Islam.
They have called upon European Muslims to take up this fight, these calls have increased In the last month as Isis is being pushed back.
I meant that this kind of attack is unusual to Europe, I don't recall any attack on members of clergy in Europe made by ISIS.

I just can't even begin to describe how repulsive the actions of those animals are.

I just can't even begin to describe how repulsive the actions of those animals are.

Yep. Absolutely atrocious in every sense of the word.

Heading to Paris on Sunday for 3 days. Going to rent a bicycle to get around, no way I'm going on the metro right now.
Well, I hope you realize that your statistical chances of meeting an untimely death on a bicycle in Paris traffic are exponentially higher than those of being wasted by a jihadist on the metro.

That said I've far more enjoyed cycling in Paris than going on the met myself. Different reasons though.

Seems like all sorts of ignorant idiots are now jumping on the jihad band wagon. Using the term Daesh in the IS militia's territory can get your tongue cut out.

Seems like all sorts of ignorant idiots are now jumping on the jihad band wagon. Using the term Daesh in the IS militia's territory can get your tongue cut out.

That is mega strange...and I do not understand why the media are not questioning this...

That is mega strange...and I do not understand why the media are not questioning this...

Like anything, it's likely the confusion of events as they unfold.

A more recent report:

France hostage situation in Normandy sees priest, 84, killed by knifeman | Daily Mail Online

Hollande says France is at war with ISIS: Islamist knifemen chanting 'Allahu Akbar' behead French priest, 86, and leave nun fighting for her life after storming Mass - before police shoot them dead

Francois Hollande says France is at war with ISIS after two Islamist knifemen butchered a French priest and left a nun fighting for her life before they were both shot dead by police in Normandy.

One of the men who stormed into the church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray near Rouen during mass was a 19-year-old, who was being monitored by electronic tag after being jailed for trying to join fanatics in Syria.

The 86-year-old priest, named as Jacques Hamel, had his throats cut while a nun is critically injured in hospital following the raid which saw five people held hostage by ISIS assailants shouting Allahu Akbar.​

Like anything, it's likely the confusion of events as they unfold.

A more recent report:

France hostage situation in Normandy sees priest, 84, killed by knifeman | Daily Mail Online

Hollande says France is at war with ISIS: Islamist knifemen chanting 'Allahu Akbar' behead French priest, 86, and leave nun fighting for her life after storming Mass - before police shoot them dead

Francois Hollande says France is at war with ISIS after two Islamist knifemen butchered a French priest and left a nun fighting for her life before they were both shot dead by police in Normandy.

One of the men who stormed into the church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray near Rouen during mass was a 19-year-old, who was being monitored by electronic tag after being jailed for trying to join fanatics in Syria.

The 86-year-old priest, named as Jacques Hamel, had his throats cut while a nun is critically injured in hospital following the raid which saw five people held hostage by ISIS assailants shouting Allahu Akbar.​

We shall see... dont trust the media anymore since they keep calling the German gun killer for Ali, when his first name is David..

I meant that this kind of attack is unusual to Europe, I don't recall any attack on members of clergy in Europe made by ISIS.

I don't know ho much of this stuff is actually ISIS. There simply seems to be a trend where a few large scale attacks have driven all the crazies to the surface

This seems to be really getting out of control now.

Terror was never 'in control' anywhere in Europe Governess. And the wise man who wants to stop Muslim migration into his country is derided as some sort of idiot.

Maybe they left their IS book of approved words at home? :roll:

Seriously you and Pete are focusing on the wrong thing. It doesn't matter if they are actually with IS or that they are trained by them etc. It's the fact they are willing to go to such radical lengths to prove they are committed to IS.

Maybe they left their IS book of approved words at home? :roll:

Seriously you and Pete are focusing on the wrong thing. It doesn't matter if they are actually with IS or that they are trained by them etc. It's the fact they are willing to go to such radical lengths to prove they are committed to IS.
Well, I was focussing on their (assumed) ignorance, not on the manner in which they feel aligned with IS ideology.

The latter hardly being under dispute.

Meanwhile there are reports, so far unconfirmedt, that one of the perps wore a monitoring ankle bracelet on account of having been to IS and back,

If that turns out to be true, somebody is going to have a hard time explaining why this scumbag wasn't in the darkest dungeon that could be found already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom