• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pride Month! I celebrate.

Some of us want children to grow up in intact homes.

I guess if you don't care about that you're not much of a human being at all.

It's nice if children grow up in intact homes, but certainly not necessary. I didn't grow up in one and I'm not a raving lunatic (for the most part). Besides, not everyone that gets married has kids. I must not be much of a human being then. :roll:

It's nice if children grow up in intact homes, but certainly not necessary. I didn't grow up in one and I'm not a raving lunatic (for the most part). Besides, not everyone that gets married has kids. I must not be much of a human being then. :roll:

Dismissal followed by anecdotal example which no one can verify. That's weak.

You could be a nutcase, we don't know otherwise and you can't prove otherwise per forum rules.

All the data shows that children do far, far better in 2 parent homes than in single parent homes, so you just don't know what you're missing.

You could be a nutcase, we don't know otherwise and you can't prove otherwise per forum rules.

Thank you Post Analyze v 1.0, but I was actually just trying to have a reasonable discussion. Obviously, that's not possible.

All the data shows that children do far, far better in 2 parent homes than in single parent homes, so you just don't know what you're missing.

That may be so, but marriage and having kids have little to do with each other. As I stated earlier, plenty of people who get married don't have kids. If they are married with kids and split up it's up to them as parents how to handle the situation, not you, the self-proclaimed morality monitor.

You feign civility while ignoring the argument.

That's the insult you keep issuing.

No, I haven't feigned anything. You seem genuinely upset, so I apologized. But that doesn't detract from the argument, nor does it nullify my points.

Anecdotal evidence is more evidence than you have offered in this thread. Why do you hold others to a higher standard than yourself?

All the same is true for heteros, yet we still have a 50% divorce rate.

How will gay-marriage be any different?

If gay-marriage will have all the same cancers that hetero-marriage has, then imo paying any attention to gay-marriage is to ignore the real problems.

Gay marriage is not about fixing hetero marriage. Gay marriage is about giving gays a right they should have.

The only way to fix strait marriage is for strait people to work harder at their marriage. They have no one but themselves to blame if their marriage fails. Ni ether the government nor gays are to blame.

Gay marriage is not about fixing hetero marriage. Gay marriage is about giving gays a right they should have.
And the definition of marriage under the law is what?

All the same is true for heteros, yet we still have a 50% divorce rate.

How will gay-marriage be any different?

If gay-marriage will have all the same cancers that hetero-marriage has, then imo paying any attention to gay-marriage is to ignore the real problems.

How do we know they would not be better?
The question is will they be longer lasting.

Lesbian relationship in my knowledge which is certainly not the end all on all things Lesbian seem to last a very long time once they make a commitment to be permanent.

Once that line of I am your forever is crossed we survive as couples. I can't really speak for our male counterparts.

Last edited:
And the definition of marriage under the law is what?

Well marriage in an institution designed by men to own women. That is what is was in the beginning. Women were traded and given to men. Marriage was like branding them as your own.

So whatever the rules and laws were back then they can kiss my behind because no one would own me.

Marriage to me is being and giving myself in love to another forever. Not for the weekend or when the sex is really good but forever. If you get married with a thought less than forever in your head then you should sit home on the wedding day and watch TV instead. People take that contract to lightly.

Most children are from broken homes anyway. The marriage doesn't make a home the love and caring do. You are correct Dr.

How do we know they would not be better?
The question is will they be longer lasting.

Lesbian relationship in my knowledge which is certainly not the end all on all things Lesbian seem to last a very long time once they make a commitment to be permanent.

Once that line of I am your forever is crossed we survive as couples. I can't really speak for our male counterparts.

Relationships should last a long time if there is commitment. Now I see everybody changing friends. You don't know who anybody is with anymore. What really made a bad scene was the school dance. Some people had dates for the event but the dates were later broken.

Last edited:
Thank you Post Analyze v 1.0, but I was actually just trying to have a reasonable discussion. Obviously, that's not possible.

No, you weren't, and your actions proved that.

That may be so, but marriage and having kids have little to do with each other. As I stated earlier, plenty of people who get married don't have kids. If they are married with kids and split up it's up to them as parents how to handle the situation, not you, the self-proclaimed morality monitor.

It is up to me, and every other voter, and society, to promote healthy institutions which serve us all.

Most children are from broken homes anyway. The marriage doesn't make a home the love and caring do. You are correct Dr.

So I should support gay-marriage because it's just as dysfunctional as those broken hetero homes I already oppose.

You can't be serious.

No, you weren't, and your actions proved that.

Actually, from what I've seen of your posts thus far in this thread you are the one being over-emotional and unreasonable when people don't agree with your views.

It is up to me, and every other voter, and society, to promote healthy institutions which serve us all.

Well, not everyone has the same values that you do and you'll just have to realize that.

So I should support gay-marriage because it's just as dysfunctional as those broken hetero homes I already oppose.

You can't be serious.

I don't think any one cares if you support gay marriage. Your views on marriage as a whole are pretty bizarre, who cares if you support gay marriage. We don't need every individual, just 50 % + 1.

This has not been what I have seen in general, but for the most part it is irrelevant to my beliefs about gay marriage. Gay folks just about cannot do worse at marriage than strait folks do.

Actually, from what I've seen of your posts thus far in this thread you are the one being over-emotional and unreasonable when people don't agree with your views.

It's the fact that you don't even bother to form a coherent counter argument which is annoying. Your posts serve to preach to the quire, not understand your opposition, and forget about answering any of my questions. You and Inferno in particular are really good at ignoring the hard issues on more than this thread.

Well, not everyone has the same values that you do and you'll just have to realize that.

Not everyone can be as correct as I am, you're right. Many are in the wrong, the data proves this, the 50% divorce rate proves this, your own avoidance proves this.

Relationships should last a long time if there is commitment. Now I see everybody changing friends. You don't know who anybody is with anymore. What really made a bad scene was the school dance. Some people had dates for the event but the dates were later broken.

Dates are not life commitments. They are casual. When you wed you become a unit and give to each other. That is very different.

Prove it.

What do you want me to prove?

Yeah, except I don't lift a finger to stand in gay-marriage's way there big guy. You might want to check your facts before going off on another hysterical rant.

Cut the ad hom crap please. This is the second time I've tried to engage you in a neutral discussion, and all I get back from you are queues about "hysteria".

You've taken an anti-GM stance in other threads in the past, all I'm doing is presuming your stance is unchanged. And you still haven't addressed anything else I said in my last post to you... you just glossed over it and made a half-insulting rhetort as usual.

You can't be serious.

I've noticed this is a common thread with you and this topic. You seem to think that it's up to gay marriage supporters to try and convince you to support gay marriage. Personally, I could care less about people who don't support it. Everyone has a right to their own opinion about the subject. Just don't act like your support of it hangs in a delicate balance and that it's up to us to somehow convince you to support it.

I don't think any one cares if you support gay marriage. Your views on marriage as a whole are pretty bizarre, who cares if you support gay marriage. We don't need every individual, just 50 % + 1.

Thank you for letting me know that you can't address my arguments :2wave:

You can't be serious.

I think that you might read #209 and #210 in this thread. You seem to have missed those. In the post that you are referring to in your above statement I am agreeing that children are coming from broken homes.

In the other two posts I am talking about committed relationships. Thanks.

You can't be serious.

So in other words, because gays can't completely repair an already declining institution, you think none of them, including the ones who are for the same family values that the institution of marriage upholds, should be allowed to married.

Got it. It's crystal clear now.

I've noticed this is a common thread with you and this topic. You seem to think that it's up to gay marriage supporters to try and convince you to support gay marriage. Personally, I could care less about people who don't support it. Everyone has a right to their own opinion about the subject. Just don't act like your support of it hangs in a delicate balance and that it's up to us to somehow convince you to support it.

I am a representative sample of the Conservative voter. Like it or not, you need my vote and support.

This is not how you get it.

Back
Top Bottom