• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pride and racism

Which of these are racist?

• Total voters

Kreton

Doesn't know
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Across the street from the family across the stree
Political Leaning
Independent
White Pride! Brown Pride! Black Pride! We hear these things from time to time from people who are proud of their heritage. While it is often applauded for some races it is condemned for others. If you saw a person of the stated race wearing a hat and shirt with the following (insert race) power which of these would you assume to be racist people?

Multiple choice

White Pride! Brown Pride! Black Pride! We hear these things from time to time from people who are proud of their heritage. While it is often applauded for some races it is condemned for others. If you saw a person of the stated race wearing a hat and shirt with the following (insert race) power which of these would you assume to be racist people?

Multiple choice
Pride is not a problem. Feelings of superiority isn't a problem either. Actions that involve violence are.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pride is not a problem. Feelings of superiority isn't a problem either. Actions that involve violence are.

I didn't say it was or wasn't a problem - I asked if any of the pride type statements come across as racist in your opinion.

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with being proud of your race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual preferences or any other personal trait - as long as you don't use it against others or demanding anything more than what due to you and other AMERICANS. And, you don't demand that society change to accommodate YOUR particular desires.

Multiple choice

I would say none. I find it rather silly to be proud of something you didn't do anything to accomplish, but to each their own.

That being said, being proud that you are a certain race or religion or even of your education does not suggest that you look down upon people of different races religions or level of education.

Being proud of your heritage is fine. That is not racism.

Racism is a compositional error fallacy involving people as the class and a genetic trait as the property... That's what racism is. It has nothing to do with how nice or mean someone is towards another race... It is a logical fallacy as aforementioned...

I think having pride in something you had nothing to do with is silly, not racist.

And while I also don’t think white pride is in and of itself racist, WAY too many actual racists have adopted the phrase for me to not view its use with suspicion.

There was a time when pride was considered a sin and humility was admired. Those who espouse pride generally have little to be proud of perhaps least of all the circumstances of one's birth.

I didn't say it was or wasn't a problem - I asked if any of the pride type statements come across as racist in your opinion.
Oh ok, my bad.

Any statement that measures a trait based on race is racist. If you say blacks are good athletes that's racist. If you say whites are more likely to be serial killers, thats racist.

Given the current factual reality state of the world, pride in being a member of the majority power is inherently bigoted. Pride in being a member of a minority is empowering.

One's bigoted. One's empowering. See the difference?

And while I also don’t think white pride is in and of itself racist.

Of course it is. Pride in the majority power group, in an imperfect world, is inherently bigoted. How can you not see that? What purpose does the pride serve? Whites don't need social empowerment nor would it be socially beneficial. An increase in white power, given existing disproportion, be a disaster of social injustice. Is that something to strive for?

All I've heard, if your a Republican you're a racist and a dozen more, you know homofob etc.

Now if your a Democrat you're none of those horrible things that Republicans are.

Now if you were a Republican and switch over to being a Democrat you've been cleansed, the second you switch.

And the same for a Democrat switching to being a Republican, they were in heaven being squeaky clean and went to the depths of hell in a nanosecond.

Given the current factual reality state of the world, pride in being a member of the majority power is inherently bigoted. Pride in being a member of a minority is empowering.

Go hang out in Liberty City for a few days and see how far your white majority self loathing cuckolding works.

Go hang out in Liberty City for a few days and see how far your white majority self loathing cuckolding works.

Cops will treat me better. The courts will treat me better. Housing will treat me better. Employment will treat me better. Everywhere in the world I go. Stats prove it. That's white privilege.

Last edited:
Cause you want one or more to be racist?

Unfortunately we are all guilty of pride.

The level of apologism for White Pride in this thread is too damn high.

I thought the topic was pride in general. Pride goes a lot farther than race.

You're proud of being white?

You're proud of being white?

Not really. I don't consider myself or my children any better because we're white.

I am guilty of other forms of pride. Mostly being judgmental, my Wife tells me.

All I've heard, if your a Republican you're a racist and a dozen more, you know homofob etc.

Now if your a Democrat you're none of those horrible things that Republicans are.

Now if you were a Republican and switch over to being a Democrat you've been cleansed, the second you switch.

And the same for a Democrat switching to being a Republican, they were in heaven being squeaky clean and went to the depths of hell in a nanosecond.
Lmao at being cleansed. That was good. true.

I personally reject the entire premise that it's based on. I dont play by their rules.

1. Being a racist can be a bad thing but there's a benign version of it too. The benign version is healthy.

2. Ilmagine a group that celebrates WASP pride. That's about as politically incorrect as you can get, but they have much to be proud of.

They colonized this land to promote religious freedom.
They fought monarchical oppression, won, and founded a democratic republic.
They created a constitution to protect the republic.
They ended slavery at a great personal cost
They elevated women to equality
They introduced the world to many modern advancements

They have much they can be proud about and should be. I respect and celebrate those cultural contributions they have made.

Racism to me is a race celebrating their accomplishments. They got bragging rights. I have no contention with that.

Racism has an ugly side to it too of course. It can manifest itself in destructive ways.

3. I dont qualify my racist statements to appease the SJW crowd that scores us on their PC score card.
I am not beholden to being enslaved to their precinceltions.

If I want to mock white man are whimps or asians have lil peckers, blacks are violent, Mexicans dont shower, etc.... I will and I do. People need to confront their taboos.

I'm Italian and I mock my heritage too. I also celebrate it. I'm very proud of my heritage.

Here's the thing.
Columbus used slaves and took advantage of the natives for his personal gain. I understand that. No apology is required from me for it. He also proved the world east flat. I dont require to be thanked for that either. Both things are on him not me.

I'm not mad at the germans because if Hitler. We learn we grow. Stop trying to punish people for their heritage

Not Republican - supporter of Trump. Trump is a blatant racist and if you support and applaud his hate speech, to me, it makes sense why people will label you the same. It is difficult to buy that you support and applaud racists but you aren't racist. It doesn't add up.

There are plenty of racist Dems too.

Is it the democrats condemning people to hell or the Republicans who pretend to be Christians?

Why would taking pride in one's race while the majority be bigoted?

Why would taking pride in one's race while being in the minority be empowering?

I do not see the difference.

I don't take any more pride in being white than I do in being an American. I had nothing to do with either - my circumstances just lumped me in those particular categories.

Back
Top Bottom