• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pride and racism

Which of these are racist?

• Total voters
White pride is based in the same things minority pride is: accomplishments deemed to be good, while the accomplishments of which one is not proud get shuffled off to the side.

False. It would stupendously idiotic to attribute accomplishments to race. That's what racists do. That's not what minority pride is about. One is not "proud to be black" saying their race is to credit for the accomplishments. How ****ing stupid. Brown pride is about overcoming injustice and throwing off the chains of a nefariously constructed social image.

Case in point: the failure of most "black pride" advocates to admit how many Black African slaves were sold by other Black Africans. This would not be a source of pride, and thus it is roundly ignored.

Spare me the racist talking points.

Nihilism doesn't apply here in the least. Are you sure you know what the word means?

When your stupid claim that beliefs cannot be bigoted fell on its idiotic face, you tried "beliefs not acted upon mean nothing". That's nihilism. Look it up. The stupid is getting painful here.

You went from "bigoted beliefs don't exist" to "they don't matter". Are you quite ****ing done apologizing for bigoted beliefs? What's your next move? They're good?

Last edited:
Pride in one's race is comparable to being proud of your appendix.

When it comes to minority pride, they are. Minority pride is pride in overcoming injustice and a celebration of society's progress. It's not bigoted.

What's white pride based on? Not a celebration of progress. Not empowerment. Bigotry.

Whites can't be proud of this also? Whites have done much to overcome social injustice. From abolishing slavery to ending Jim Crow and beyond.

Also, at one point in time whites were just as subjugated as blacks were. We've come a long way since then. Or does this only apply for recent history? Ignore all history but that which upholds your beliefs?

Whites can't be proud of this also? Whites have done much to overcome social injustice. From abolishing slavery to ending Jim Crow and beyond.

Also, at one point in time whites were just as subjugated as blacks were. We've come a long way since then. Or does this only apply for recent history? Ignore all history but that which upholds your beliefs?

Show me non racist white pride.

I'll bet you didn't even realize that you just repeated the Politically Correct textbook response, nearly verbatim, for this particular situation.

Yet you would still proclaim in total confidence and with a straight face that those words were entirely yours and not progressive indoctrination.

You people have no idea just how obvious you are to everyone but yourselves...

giphy.gif

Systemic racism is alive and well. We have had judges selling blacks into prison and now there is this...

The former police chief of a small Florida city will serve three years in prison for a conspiracy in his department to frame black men for crimes they did not commit. A federal judge in Miami imposed the sentence Tuesday on ex-Biscayne Park chief Raimundo Atesiano, who had faced a maximum 10-year sentence. - Former Police Chief Gets 3 Years In Prison For Framing Black Men - News 9

After seeing the sentences the officers got, don't tell me ****.

Last edited:
What's the Newspeak meaning of Pride? How arrogant to pretend that there can't be pride without gay pride.

What's the Newspeak meaning of Pride? How arrogant to pretend that there can't be pride without gay pride.

I am still waiting for someone who has done nothing to explain how they can be proud of something they had absolutely nothing to do with?

You didn't answer my questions. Why not?

You spewed a bunch of racist crap in support of White Pride. Good for you?

Now show us non racist White Pride. Event, organization, person... what ya got?

You spewed a bunch of racist crap in support of White Pride. Good for you?

What racist crap did I spew? I asked you questions and stated historical facts.

Now show us the non racist White Pride.

Read the thread again. Gotta admit, I chuckled when I saw you start to post in this thread as I knew that you and I were going to end up tangling again and that you would ask this very question. This thread is evidence of people that can have white pride and still not be racist. Although you sure do a good job of attempting to make it out to be racist. And that right there shows that, for you, there is no such thing as non-racist white pride. That its not even a possibility for you.

What racist crap did I spew? I asked you questions and stated historical facts.

Read the thread again. Gotta admit, I chuckled when I saw you start to post in this thread as I knew that you and I were going to end up tangling again and that you would ask this very question. This thread is evidence of people that can have white pride and still not be racist. Although you sure do a good job of attempting to make it out to be racist. And that right there shows that, for you, there is no such thing as non-racist white pride. That its not even a possibility for you.

So you can't show us a single instance, event, organization or person of White Pride that's not racist. But you want us to believe it's not racist. Or, at least, not racist for you.

Do you have White Pride? And, if not, why.

I know I have never seen a white pride supporters ideology that was not seated in either racial separation or just straight up bigotry, ever. Now I know it is anecdotal, but I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

I know I have never ever seen white pride that was not seated in either racial separation or just straight up bigotry. Now I know it is anecdotal, but I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise.
Yeah, the term definitely had taken on a disreputable connotation.

You support White Pride.

White people, as a group, suffer no social injustice. That's ultimately what you're trying to ignore. The primal racist ignore - social injustice against minorities. It exists. And it makes white pride always racist.
You don't believe that being blamed for every woe of the world qualifies as "social injustice"?

Which thankfully doesn't seem to bother white America all that much; but it still isn't very cool.

Just curious, Ecofarm...Are you by chance a racial minority, or simply an over zealous white liberal?

It helps when I know what it is that motivates people?

Minority pride is based on overcoming social injustice. What is white pride based on?
Pride, regardless of race, can be based on such things as accomplishment, courage, sacrifice, leadership, family legacy, or even compassion.

For example; I take pride in the many accomplishments of my European heritage with which I share a genetic bond.

Or would you prefer white heritage; considering the obvious importance placed on race by the far-left.

Anyway; I'm also prideful of their courage to cross oceans in rickety wooden ships and blast across the expanse of space to walk on the moon.

I also take pride in my family and the abundant love and sacrifice of my mother and father and for passing their strong genetic bond on to me and our future generations.

But none of this means I hate nor resent other people, cultures or races for their own accomplishments, or lack there of.

How sweet life could be if haters and race baiters would simply calm down and stop seeing evil behind every gesture and word.

So you can't show us a single instance, event, organization or person of White Pride that's not racist. But you want us to believe it's not racist. Or, at least, not racist for you.

What if I don't care? White Pride doesn't interest me, but if it makes someone else happy, why bother or hassle them?

I just realized the devastating revelation I dealt you...This gave you away.:yt

Your nonsense about her statement being "PC" LMAO! You think saying something that has nothing to do with being PC was a "devastating revelation." :)

Well please fill me in on what you did to be proud of being white? Oh wait I see it...

You are proud of being white because you did? Nothing? I see. It was your parents I think. Even then, they had no choice obviously.

White Pride! Brown Pride! Black Pride! We hear these things from time to time from people who are proud of their heritage. While it is often applauded for some races it is condemned for others. If you saw a person of the stated race wearing a hat and shirt with the following (insert race) power which of these would you assume to be racist people?

Multiple choice

Having pride in the color of one's skin isn't racist by itself. It is a sign of mental illness though.

I just realized the devastating revelation I dealt you...This gave you away.:yt

If you think that's how I reacted to your ridiculous post - that it was a devastating revelation - go ahead. :lol:

Obviously you need that affirmation far more than I do.

They colonized this land to promote religious freedom.

While forcefully and violently pushing the Natives out, a trend that would evolve into this nation's one true genocide.

They fought monarchical oppression, won, and founded a democratic republic.

The Iroquois and the Six Nations had a form of democracy which included a form of women's suffrage--look it up--but the Founders' anti-Native racism wouldn't let them consider acknowledging that as a viable model.

They created a constitution to protect the republic.

Using ideas that had already existing for centuries.

They ended slavery at a great personal cost

And hundreds of thousands of whites fought fiercely to keep black people as property.

They elevated women to equality

Congratulations on the participation trophy. Certainly not a trophy for first place (see the Iroquois above, for example).

They introduced the world to many modern advancements

You mean like the ones fought over during the Dark Ages while the Middle East was in a golden age? Or two of the worst ideologies in the history of humankind, Communism and Nazism, both of which took root in Europe?

Here's the deal. Not everything that has European roots is bad. It's just like any other part of the planet--some good stuff, some bad stuff. But let's not delude ourselves into thinking that whites are somehow superior in any way. They're not.

You still have not answered my questions you know.

Can whites not feel pride at having overcome social injustices? Yes or no?

.....and here we live in the great christian country where pride is one of the big sins.

I know I have never seen a white pride supporters ideology that was not seated in either racial separation or just straight up bigotry, ever. Now I know it is anecdotal, but I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

Oh no doubt that the vast vast majority of those that espouse white pride are supporters of an ideology based on bigotry and feelings of racial superiority. But there is no problem, or fault, or racial bigotry for being proud in accomplishments of other whites. Its like being proud of the winning games from your university or high school days. It's a type of tribalism...which isn't always destructive. So long as one doesn't think and/or act like that it makes them superior or better than another race then I see no problem with it and understand it. I don't follow it. But I understand it. But then I never was into team sports. :lol: Saw no point in it.

Despite that I don't believe that having pride in your race can only be based on over coming social injustice like eco portray's it as. I think you can have pride in your race for accomplishments that has advanced society both in terms of social advancements and inventions. Know how I came about that decision? Black Pride Month. When I had TV that is when I usually watched more TV than usual as I like learning about history. I found it quite amazing how much I did not know about black inventors until I watched the shows that are often around during that month. While I had learned some in school they didn't go near enough into details about it. Now I'll search it out on the internet. Only difference is that I can search for far more on the internet. One of my favorite things to look up is ancient sites across the world as how a building was built is a good indication of finding information about inventions and the inventors. One reason that I like to look up this information as it gives an interesting perspective on how various cultures influenced each other. Even if they were thousands of miles apart. For instance, the Phoenicians are credited with being the inventors of glass, 5000 years later the spy glass was invented in Holland, which of course lead to the telescope in which Galileo became infamous at the time, but famous today due to his use of them. And ....crap...here I am wandering off on a tangent. :doh

Anyways, there was this group in Britain I believe it was that tried to set up a museum meant to exclusively show inventions made by white people. Their ultimate goal was to do the same thing for every other race in different areas across Europe, their stated reason was to show reasons why its OK to have pride in your race as each race has accomplished wonderful, and wondrous, things. Unfortunately I don't know what all became of it.

Back
Top Bottom