• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Preview Post Button

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Didn’t there used to be a ‘Preview Post’ option when replying to a post?
Also all of my options in the overhead tool bar are grayed out?

Never mind, I found the ‘Preview” button at the upper right corner, still have the overhead tool bar grayed out?

View attachment 67331580

Never mind, I found the ‘Preview” button at the upper right corner, still have the overhead tool bar grayed out?

View attachment 67331580
The preview is at the upper right with the magnifying glass, are you sure you're not in preview mode with the grayed out icons?

In preview mode, you can't use the icons.

In preview mode, you can't use the icons.

Also on the upper right are four icons inside of the ‘Preview” button.

What is the function of the “[ ]” icon?

When that is blue the other icons are grayed out.

Also on the upper right are four icons inside of the ‘Preview” button.

What is the function of the “[ ]” icon?

When that is blue the other icons are grayed out.
That shows and lets you edit bbcode.
Screenshot_20210503-102730.png

I'm still a bit puzzled why the XF developers placed some formatting (such as the [ U ] in a default hidden line underneath the other options on the left.

I'm still a bit puzzled why the XF developers placed some formatting (such as the [ U ] in a default hidden line underneath the other options on the left.
had to hunt that one down, it’s in the three vertical dots....

I just figure they wanted it to look less cluttered and simpler, I prefer it the old way though.

I try to KISS...........too many options for this old bird!
They keep it simple by putting the most common tools in the bar, with more options available in each drop down. Text tools on the left, rich content in the middle, and tools on the right.

How do I cancel a post? The whole time when I’m reading threads on my phone, I end up hitting the reply buttons while scrolling. Really annoying.

View attachment 67331580

Did you ever get the grayed out tool bar figured out because mine is doing it too in both the preview and non preview mode? I must've pressed something but I just don't know what.

Now if I am in ‘Preview’ the top tool bar grays out, but as soon as I choose an option, smiley or add a photo, ”Preview’ returns to gray scale.

Edit: I have to double click on the upper toolbar and ‘Preview‘ goes gray.

Did you ever get the grayed out tool bar figured out because mine is doing it too in both the preview and non preview mode? I must've pressed something but I just don't know what.
It's the [ ] button (bbcode view) that Gray's out the toolbar.

Screenshot_20210503-102730.png

Back
Top Bottom