- Apr 20, 2018
- Reaction score
- Washington, D.C.
- Political Leaning
Of the following contemporary concerns, which of the following (not something other than the following) most disconcerts you as you consider 2019's offings? Why?
- A highly disruptive cyberattack on U.S. critical infrastructure and networks
- Renewed tensions on the Korean Peninsula following a collapse of denuclearization negotiations
- An armed confrontation between Iran and the US, or one of its allies, over Iran’s involvement in regional conflicts and support of militant proxy groups
- An armed confrontation over disputed maritime areas in the South China Sea between the PRC and one or more SE Asian claimants (Brunei, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, and Vietnam)
- A mass casualty terrorist attack on the U.S. homeland or a treaty ally by either (a) foreign or homegrown terrorist(s)
- Continued violent reimposition of government control in Syria leading to further civilian casualties and heightened tensions among external parties to the conflict
- Deepening economic crisis and political instability in Venezuela leading to violent civil unrest and increased refugee outflows
- Worsening of the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, exacerbated by ongoing foreign intervention in the civil war
- Increased violence and instability in Afghanistan resulting from the Taliban insurgency and potential government collapse