• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Presidents Should NOT Be Appointing SCOTUS Judges.

The president should be picking SCOTUS judges, and not the federalist society.
The Federalist society didn't have anything to do with the quota choice that Biden recently nominated

This idea is ALSO STUPID.

THE PEOPLE should be voting who is a Judge or not based off of the Decisions they have made that are TRANSPARENT for all to read.
We kinda elect the President and Congress to do that.

President to propose, congress to confirm.

Or reject.

So, a step or two removed, we DO vote for the judges.

Or reject.

We vote for a myriad of things in a President... taxes, infrastructure, etc. Not if they are going to stack the court to specifically remove our freedoms on one specific issue or not.

We vote for a myriad of things in a President... taxes, infrastructure, etc. Not if they are going to stack the court to specifically remove our freedoms on one specific issue or not.
That is quite literally one of the reasons Trump got elected though.
It's why the evangelical voter turnout was so high in 2016

That is quite literally one of the reasons Trump got elected though.
It's why the evangelical voter turnout was so high in 2016
You read the OP right? That is why I am saying that Presidents should not be appointing SCOTUS.

You read the OP right? That is why I am saying that Presidents should not be appointing SCOTUS.
The way I look at it, the issue isn't how they're appointed, but who we elect to appoint them.

The current election system can be abused more than I'd like, what would prevent it from being abused in a SCOTUS or other circuit election?

The way I look at it, the issue isn't how they're appointed, but who we elect to appoint them.

The current election system can be abused more than I'd like, what would prevent it from being abused in a SCOTUS or other circuit election?
Nothing. But in that case it would be directly our fault for voting poorly for that Judge... not voting poorly for a President that then does things for any number of reasons other than what we elected them for.

THE PEOPLE should be voting who is a Judge or not based off of the Decisions they have made that are TRANSPARENT for all to read.
LOL if we went that route then Trump would have been a SCJ a long time ago. :LOL:

Point of order:

Presidents don't appoint judges. They nominate them and the senate appoints them.

Point of order:

Presidents don't appoint judges. They nominate them and the senate appoints them.
True, and good point, but if all the Senate gets is Conservative after Conservative that wants to overthrow RvW they can only deny so many,

True, and good point, but if all the Senate gets is Conservative after Conservative that wants to overthrow RvW they can only deny so many,
Is there actually a time limit or could they just keep denying?

The president should be picking SCOTUS judges, and not the federalist society.
LOL a president can pick any judge he wants, including those endorsed by the federalist society 😂

LOL a president can pick any judge he wants, including those endorsed by the federalist society 😂
Organizations bent on the destruction of our society should be prohibited from advising government.

Organizations bent on the destruction of our society should be prohibited from advising government.
Well, good for you! The federalists seek to strengthen society, so we're all on the same page!

Or reject.

If we vote for a politician, or a local judge and they turn out to be incompetent, we can vote them out at the next election

Local judges face regular elections, why not SC justices ?

Back
Top Bottom