• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Presidential Transparancy

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Regardless of political lean, would you rather have the POTUS level with Americans and give us the entire skinny on the Covid-19 virus so we can make our own decisions, or would you rather have a POTUS sit on that info because he thought you and other Americans would panic if given the entire truth about the pandemic?

Considering every other developed country on earth just leveled with their citizens about how serious it was, no mass hysteria happened anywhere and they all radically outperformed us in this pandemic, I'd say honesty would've been better.

Let's start by being honest about what this is. Trump spent MONTHS raging against the virus, telling us it wasn't a threat and demanding nobody wear masks. He even threatened to withhold federal funding from states that had mask mandates. This is just Trump trying to lie and reverse his horrible failures and most of his dumbass and gullible supporters will believe it.

Considering every other developed country on earth just leveled with their citizens about how serious it was, no mass hysteria happened anywhere and they all radically outperformed us in this pandemic, I'd say honesty would've been better.

Let's start by being honest about what this is. Trump spent MONTHS raging against the virus, telling us it wasn't a threat and demanding nobody wear masks. He even threatened to withhold federal funding from states that had mask mandates. This is just Trump trying to lie and reverse his horrible failures and most of his dumbass and gullible supporters will believe it.

Basically what POTUS did was say to Americans, I have personally decided "You couldn't handle the truth!!!" I believe his capacity to make that call is a bit above his pay scale.

I think it’s possible for a good leader to lead. That is...tell the truth, and not do it in a way to induce panic and at the same time, put in place a plan to ensure the issue is dealt with competently.

That includes:
Embracing the science by not only wearing a mask in public, but encouraging others to do so.
Not touting insane and non-scientific conjecture about cures for the problem like a snake-oil salesman.
Not inciting protest with your base by telling your supports to “Resist” the other party’s Govenors because the make lock-down orders.
Not firing half of your pandemic staff
Etc...

Trump has been a ****-show from the beginning.

I think it’s possible for a good leader to lead. That is...tell the truth, and not do it in a way to induce panic and at the same time, put in place a plan to ensure the issue is dealt with competently.

That includes:
Embracing the science by not only wearing a mask in public, but encouraging others to do so.
Not touting insane and non-scientific conjecture about cures for the problem like a snake-oil salesman.
Not inciting protest with your base by telling your supports to “Resist” the other party’s Govenors because the make lock-down orders.
Not firing half of your pandemic staff
Etc...

Trump has been a ****-show from the beginning.

And the lies just keep flowing.

Once again, the lies continue.

And apparently, Rabid has the power to read he minds of every high ranking government official across the globe. Fancy that.

Once again, the lies continue.

And apparently, Rabid has the power to read he minds of every high ranking government official across the globe. Fancy that.

I didn't read their minds, I saw their actions. No other leader on earth lied to their people about the virus like Trump did. Where was the mass hysteria and lawlessness in those countries?

Your boy ontologuy even claimed MILLIONS of Americans would've died had Trump been honest about the virus. Your dishonesty is really over the top.

Regardless of political lean, would you rather have the POTUS level with Americans and give us the entire skinny on the Covid-19 virus so we can make our own decisions, or would you rather have a POTUS sit on that info because he thought you and other Americans would panic if given the entire truth about the pandemic?

He wasn't afraid Americans would panic, he was afraid the Stock Market would suffer and he'd lose any chance at re-election. Don't worry, Trump. There's many ways Biden could still hand you a victory.

I am saying this again: If Trump has showed leadership during the Corona virus crisis he would lead the polls and Biden wouldn't have a chance. People like a government that takes responsibility during a crisis. Why trump might lose is because when the country needed a leader there was no one to be found.

Back
Top Bottom