• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Presidential Proclamation--Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month

Really? You have been denied housing and a job based on being a white. I have a gay relative who had to move away from this town when she came out just to be able to get a job and a place to live.

How often are you called the equivalent of "fag" and queer"? Are you told that your lifestyle is an "abomination"? Are you going to burn in hell for your choice in partner?

Aww, the heart string anecdotal evidence angle with personal experience to boot!!!!

So what it takes for a PRIDE month is to be a VICTIM and in need of coddling? I'd be insulted if I were Gay hearing that the reason we got a Pride Month was because people like you took pity on us.

I agree. It's all about bringing awareness to individuals, communities, etc. If there wasn't so much hate, the need for awareness and education and "special" months would never exist.

:2wave:

The only things these events do is divide us.

How about a gay, black, poor, single femal with a disablity that has kids then youd really be protected, whats even worse is that even today that person NEEDS protected and if given the choice some of them would gladly pick to be a white male? hmmm go figure :)

Other than being gay and black (and depending on how the disability came about), how is the rest of that not my own fault?

Aww, the heart string anecdotal evidence angle with personal experience to boot!!!!

So what it takes for a PRIDE month is to be a VICTIM and in need of coddling? I'd be insulted if I were Gay hearing that the reason we got a Pride Month was because people like you took pity on us.

You mistake an understanding for the real things gays have overcome with pity. Not really surprising.

Other than being gay and black (and depending on how the disability came about), how is the rest of that not my own fault?

that matters why?

also
poor, single and with a kid are the other 3 and could easily not be your fault, they could also be your fault thats notblack and white
regardless like i said what is sad is that some one like that NEEDS protection and some would still choose to be a white male instead

that matters why?

also
poor, single and with a kid are the other 3 and could easily not be your fault, they could also be your fault thats notblack and white
regardless like i said what is sad is that some one like that NEEDS protection and some would still choose to be a white male instead

No. They don't need protection.
They need ambition. Motivation.

The answer is not more government.

No. They don't need protection.
They need ambition. Motivation.

The answer is not more government.

LMAO they can still have both of those and still need protection you act like they cant go together. In fact some have that so much its what gets them in trouble LOL

now I agree that people ABUSE the system but that in no way what so ever takes away from the fact they need protection. Fix and attack the abusers not the other way around you dont punish the good because of the bad.

LMAO they can still have both of those and still need protection you act like they cant go together. In fact some have that so much its what gets them in trouble LOL

now I agree that people ABUSE the system but that in no way what so ever takes away from the fact they need protection. Fix and attack the abusers not the other way around you dont punish the good because of the bad.

So, what makes them so special that they need protection and I don't?

And how is that not discrimanation?

So, what makes them so special that they need protection and I don't?

And how is that not discrimanation?

Pretty simple any group that has the history of discrimination they do which still goes on today and who can also prove gross discrimination against.
Theres also other ways to get protection/assurance and every american has certain protections, including you.

Pretty simple any group that has the history of discrimination they do which still goes on today and who can also prove gross discrimination against.
Theres also other ways to get protection/assurance and every american has certain protections, including you.

So discriminating to repay for past discrimination is going to end discrimination? Im confused on how this is a good idea.

So discriminating to repay for past discrimination is going to end discrimination? Im confused on how this is a good idea.

who said that? oh wait no one, seems like you may be confused on more than one thing :D

who said that? oh wait no one, seems like you may be confused on more than one thing :D

Giving special protections to people based on their minority status is discriminatory.

Giving special protections to people based on their minority status is discriminatory.

really? if you say so :D not sure how that is though when the "special protection" is to enforce EQUAL rights, like i said if any other group can prove the dont recieve equal rights they also get said protection ;)

You mistake an understanding for the real things gays have overcome with pity. Not really surprising.

You applaud deviant behavior and promote it as being something worth emulation. No surprise you cheer a month dedicated to advancing it.

You applaud deviant behavior and promote it as being something worth emulation. No surprise you cheer a month dedicated to advancing it.

I wonder why gay people might benefit from a pride month....

Ah, your objection to a Gay Pride month becomes clear :)

Homophobia is not a positive quality.

I never understood why people always got all up in arms over a month celebrating a part of society. I mean aside from Black History Month, what other month celebrates a part of society because I honestly don't know one.

Ah, your objection to a Gay Pride month becomes clear :)

Homophobia is not a positive quality.

I'm not homophobic, I'm making a point. But it's not an easily made one that tears at the heart strings and makes for a bumper sticker.

Redress, and I suppose yourself are all about a "pride Month" because... their VICTIMS! Do you realize how ****ing condescending that is?
People are people, there is no need for "Gay, Black, Asian, Hispanic etc...etc..." pride months. That's just white elitist trying to assuage their guilt and pretend they are doing something that matters.

Guess what, you ain't.

I'm not homophobic, I'm making a point.
Riiiiight, and your point is that gays are "deviant" in your words.

But it's not an easily made one that tears at the heart strings and makes for a bumper sticker.
You're just here to give us all a little dose of TRUTH, right?

Redress, and I suppose yourself are all about a "pride Month" because... their VICTIMS! Do you realize how ****ing condescending that is?
People are people, there is no need for "Gay, Black, Asian, Hispanic etc...etc..." pride months. That's just white elitist trying to assuage their guilt and pretend they are doing something that matters.
**Snort** White elitist? Where did you pick that up? You obviously are unfamiliar with me so I'll let it slide :)

I support the creation of a "pride month" because I feel we need to recognize the gay community as a legitimate part of our society and demonstrate that we are trying to move past treating gay people like second class citizens. No one is suggesting that all of a sudden during gay pride month that we elevate gay people to some higher status than normal, we simply make it a time to remember and reflect how the gay community has been treated in the past and take steps to be more inclusive and treat gay people like actual people and not second-class citizens.

I demand a Caucasian Pride Month.

Yes, you poor picked on caucasions. We won't let you in the military. We won't let you marry each other. It's so damned hard to be a caucasion, especially if you're a male.

I support the creation of a "pride month" because I feel we need to recognize the gay community as a legitimate part of our society

So then, you don't support a "white pride" month because you don't feel that Caucasians should be recognized as a legitimate part of our society?

Riiiiight, and your point is that gays are "deviant" in your words.
If Redress can play the victim card... why can't I play the "It's a Deviant Lifestyle" card? Hmmm? What makes his card better then mine? Because you too feel guilty?

You're just here to give us all a little dose of TRUTH, right?
Only to those willing to put aside the "Oh those poor gay people, we need to prop them up with a special feel good history month!!!"

**Snort** White elitist? Where did you pick that up? You obviously are unfamiliar with me so I'll let it slide :)
I don't CARE who you are.
I support the creation of a "pride month" because I feel we need to recognize the gay community as a legitimate part of our society
So to be "Legit" we gotta have a Pride Month. Great, I'll Pencil July in as "Caucasian Pride Month".

and demonstrate that we are trying to move past treating gay people like second class citizens.
Yes, because that's what we're all about, treating them like second class citizens, but whoa, got a Pride Month now, now they got Creds Dog.

No one is suggesting that all of a sudden during gay pride month that we elevate gay people to some higher status than normal, we simply make it a time to remember and reflect how the gay community has been treated in the past and take steps to be more inclusive and treat gay people like actual people and not second-class citizens.
Perpetual Victim Status? Check.
Special Month to Lament "Horrible past"? Check.
Doing anything Constructive aside being set apart from society... nope.

Yes, you poor picked on caucasions. We won't let you in the military. We won't let you marry each other. It's so damned hard to be a caucasion, especially if you're a male.

Gay's can marry, join the military and be male.

/boggle.

And for the record, my stance on the whole gay thing?

You want to be treated as a normal part of society, act like a normal part of society. The rest of us don't parade our straightness in rallies, we don't chant "We're Here, we're straight and we're not going away!" (Fill in the blanks). Normal parts of society don't DEMAND to be treated as normal, they just do it. They filter in, and don't demand society change for them.

I have gay, lesbian and trans friends. Guess what? You wouldn't know they were such unless you ran into them with their lovers. They don't demand I accept them, they don't parade their sexuality, they are just folks.

A "Special Pride Month" doesn't help anything, it just plays victim BS and throws the issue in everyones face. **** that, you want to be accepted, grow up.

Back
Top Bottom