• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Presidential Oddities #7: Willie Felix Carter Gives it Up to God

Willie Felix Carter is a Democratic candidate whose slogan is “Doing the right thing.” The writing on his website has awkward words, quotations, run-on sentences, outlines of ideas, sentence fragments, and a strong focus on religiousness. Mr. Carter may belong to the wrong party as his heavy emphasis on religion might suggest.

The first part of his plan is to fix the economy. This includes ending hunger and homelessness and creating jobs. He believes the “Right Solution is Seeking God’s Help As Did Our Founding Fathers at the Beginning of this Great Exposition.” To support his plan, he quotes the Declaration of Independence:

• “We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions…”
  • “And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.”

He also uses Benjamin Franklin as a source to promote the idea of giving the economy up to god:
And without God’s continuing aid we shall proceed no farther than the builders of the tower of Babel.

His plan to end hunger and homelessness is to stop “the cycle of hunger and homeless [sic] across our nation, seriously addressing the Homeless problem across our nation with employment and affordable housing,” while his job creation plan will lead to “jobs with decent wages, job preparation programs to prepare those willing to be employed, and other programs to address those unable to work because of health reasons, across our nation, let us put our nation back to work.”

Carter’s theory on government reminds the reader of Jean-Jacques Rousseau, who believed that the will of the people gives government its power. Carter writes:

I support the idea that a government’s legitimacy and moral right to use state power is only justified and legal when consented to by the people or society of which that political power is exercised”

With this theory in mind, he discusses his views on Healthcare, the Environment, Defense, Gun Control, Immigration, and the military and defense.

On healthcare, he says that he wants “affordable healthcare without forcing the recipients or providers, a system that is just and fair,” and notes that the solution “ will take a great deal of time to complete the process.” He elaborates that "when a service becomes mandatory, the price is fixed for increase just like any other service. I am pushing for affordable healthcare instead.”

Finally, he notes that “there are ways to provide affordable healthcare, and we must all work together to make it happen.”

On the environment, he vaguely states, “environmental concerns necessary for healthy living without destroying the business community.”

He addresses gun control next, specifically, he says that violence across America is happening “because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.” After quoting Ecclesiastes 8:11, he also notes that “I believe that rapid assault (Fully automatic) guns should be reserved to the armed forces”

On Immigration, he believes that “laws must be enforced with fairness allowing those willing to abide by our laws to become American citizens.”

On the Military and Defense, he says that “protecting our freedom, make no mistake how we care for the People of these United States of America, with a strong Military able to thwart off any aggression, and at the same time seeking a peaceable [sic] solution to hostility,” and urges allies to “work together as a World Community to protect the lives of innocent people, the merciless killing of innocent people around the world must be brought to a stop by concerned nations, bringing those to trial responsible for those atrocities.”

Willie Felix Carter comes off as way too fringe to even remotely consider ever voting for.

I also felt that way with the Anti-Islamic shot-out Rev. Terry Jones. I spent a month in Summer 2014 working for Terry Jones and his Associate Pastor, Wayne Sapp. Terry owned a low-cost provider moving company called TSC. Business revolved around pickup and delivery of eBay purchases and sales. I traveled from Florida to Wisconsin and back in a 26’ box truck as part of a two man crew.

I accepted the job without knowing about the owner’s controversial past. When I found out, I complete one trip, adopting the phrase, “One and Done.”

Back
Top Bottom