• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Presidential Exit Polls Illustrate America's Religious, Cultural Divide

Catawba

Disappointed Evolutionist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Thought some of you might find it as interesting as I do to look at the voter demographics after the election. I think they provide much insight for future elections, as well as the cultural divide we see in: the country, in politics, and on this forum.

"Exit polls in Tuesday's presidential election underscored, once again, that America remains sharply divided along religious and cultural lines.

Jews, Muslims, gays, Catholic Hispanics and Protestant blacks overwhelmingly voted for President Barack Obama.

Evangelicals strongly supported Mitt Romney.

Among regular church-goers, Romney won 59 to 39 percent. Among voters who never attend church, Obama won 62 to 34 percent, according to the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

Those who call themselves religiously unaffiliated voted for Obama 70 percent to 26 percent."

"Among people who self-identify as born again or evangelical, Romney won 79 percent of the vote, to Obama's 20 percent."

"Nonevangelical Protestants preferred Romney 54 to 44 percent, and white Catholics voted for Romney 59 to 40 percent, but Hispanic Catholics voted for Obama 75 to 21 percent.

The Jewish vote went to Obama 69 to 30 percent."

Presidential Exit Polls Illustrate America's Religious, Cultural Divide - HispanicBusiness.com

I was raised an Evangelical Christian. I am still shocked to see the evangelicals backed a Mormon. When I was a kid he would have been considered a cultist satan worshipper. I am very serious, and my denomination was not the snake hadling kinda whacky. I guess that is what happens when you mix your religion and politics, and Obamahate.

Wrong. All that illustrates is the cultural, religious divide of those who voted.

I was raised an Evangelical Christian. I am still shocked to see the evangelicals backed a Mormon. When I was a kid he would have been considered a cultist satan worshipper. I am very serious, and my denomination was not the snake hadling kinda whacky. I guess that is what happens when you mix your religion and politics, and Obamahate.

It is interesting that while there was only 10% difference between the candidates among Nonevangelical Protestants, there was a 59% difference between the candidates among those that called themselves born-again or evangelical. I think your guess as to why is the most likely explanation.

Last edited:
Wrong. All that illustrates is the cultural, religious divide of those who voted.

Only those who vote decide elections.

Look at the groups on the left very closely in terms what they actually mean. There is no common bond between them beyond a desire to defeat the white traditionalists for their own individual small group purposes. They are not unified at all, if they did not have a common enemy, they would be tearing each other's throats out.

Compton, California is a good illustration. Compton, formerly a solid black city, is now 67% Mexicans. The Mexicans drove the blacks out and took their jobs through gang violence and intimidation. In areas of England, also planned for the US,,Muslim vigilantes attack and kill homosexuals. The point is that there is no "overwhelming" unity in Obama winning. The Democrats parlayed the hatred of small groups for a perceived enemy into a victory for an American traditionalist hating president.

Take the unifying enemy out of the picture and you have a civil war. That is why Obama, now that he has won, completely ignores the economy and concentrates on gay rights, immigration and evil guns. Those are the things that keep the disparate liberal groups riled up full time, which is the only way to keep the false sense of unity that you see in the election results.

Look at the groups on the left very closely in terms what they actually mean. There is no common bond between them beyond a desire to defeat the white traditionalists for their own individual small group purposes. They are not unified at all, if they did not have a common enemy, they would be tearing each other's throats out.

Compton, California is a good illustration. Compton, formerly a solid black city, is now 67% Mexicans. The Mexicans drove the blacks out and took their jobs through gang violence and intimidation. In areas of England, also planned for the US,,Muslim vigilantes attack and kill homosexuals. The point is that there is no "overwhelming" unity in Obama winning. The Democrats parlayed the hatred of small groups for a perceived enemy into a victory for an American traditionalist hating president.

Take the unifying enemy out of the picture and you have a civil war. That is why Obama, now that he has won, completely ignores the economy and concentrates on gay rights, immigration and evil guns. Those are the things that keep the disparate liberal groups riled up full time, which is the only way to keep the false sense of unity that you see in the election results.

The common bond they have is for a better life. And the fact that they were able to defeat the moneyed interest, even with the passage of citizens united, contradicts your assertion that they are not unified.

Thought some of you might find it as interesting as I do to look at the voter demographics after the election. I think they provide much insight for future elections, as well as the cultural divide we see in: the country, in politics, and on this forum.

"Exit polls in Tuesday's presidential election underscored, once again, that America remains sharply divided along religious and cultural lines.

Jews, Muslims, gays, Catholic Hispanics and Protestant blacks overwhelmingly voted for President Barack Obama.

Evangelicals strongly supported Mitt Romney.

Among regular church-goers, Romney won 59 to 39 percent. Among voters who never attend church, Obama won 62 to 34 percent, according to the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

Those who call themselves religiously unaffiliated voted for Obama 70 percent to 26 percent."

"Among people who self-identify as born again or evangelical, Romney won 79 percent of the vote, to Obama's 20 percent."

"Nonevangelical Protestants preferred Romney 54 to 44 percent, and white Catholics voted for Romney 59 to 40 percent, but Hispanic Catholics voted for Obama 75 to 21 percent.

The Jewish vote went to Obama 69 to 30 percent."

Presidential Exit Polls Illustrate America's Religious, Cultural Divide - HispanicBusiness.com

At the risk of being cynical, it's my view that Presidential exit polls prove beyond a doubt that the polling scams making small fortunes off American political discourse are alive and well.

Back
Top Bottom