• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Presidential election maps by county since 1968...

This is why liberals don’t understand why we have an electoral college. I already explained that a couple times above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everyone know why there is an electoral college. hell, i've mentioned that i want it used for State Governor's elections.

do you understand that the Presidential election is not by county?

everyone know why there is an electoral college. hell, i've mentioned that i want it used for State Governor's elections.

Sure. I’ll also point out that you leftists only care about rural areas when it comes to postal service it seems.

You do realize that I’ve never suggested here that I necessarily believe that we should make the electoral process go by county?

Sure. I’ll also point out that you leftists only care about rural areas when it comes to postal service it seems.

well, that's false.

i'll go a step further. i think every state election should be by electoral college. governor. reps. judges. everything. i don't care if a person gets less votes and still wins.

You do realize that I’ve never suggested here that I necessarily believe that we should make the electoral process go by county?

but we should do that for state elections.

well, that's false.

i'll go a step further. i think every state election should be by electoral college. governor. reps. judges. everything. i don't care if a person gets less votes and still wins.

Well that’s a rarity for someone in the left to believe. I at one time thought we should go by either a county or district electoral college, but that was years ago. I now think if the Founding Fathers wanted such, they would have implemented it. I also question if we should have popular elections of US senators since our nation is not a true democracy (we are a liberal democracy though), but a republic.

Well that’s a rarity for someone in the left to believe. I at one time thought we should go by either a county or district electoral college, but that was years ago. I now think if the Founding Fathers wanted such, they would have implemented it. I also question if we should have popular elections of US senators since our nation is not a true democracy (we are a liberal democracy though), but a republic.

State reps should not be required to get more votes in State elections to win.

I have no problem with a guy getting 100 votes and another guy getting 125 votes and the guy getting 100 votes winning.

Yeah, when you take away a few big cities like New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, the Republican ALWAYS wins the popular vote.

When 80% of the US population lives in cities, that's a lot to take away.

When 80% of the US population lives in cities, that's a lot to take away.

Still if you take away those three, Republicans win the popular vote. You probably don’t even need to take away San Francisco.

Still if you take away those three, Republicans win the popular vote. You probably don’t even need to take away San Francisco.

Yeah, but that's discounting about 80% of the population. You might as well say that GOP candidates would win if you took away Democratic Party voters.

Yeah, but that's discounting about 80% of the population. You might as well say that GOP candidates would win if you took away Democratic Party voters.

Most cities are also not ultra-huge like a few are. Many cities can also be considered “towns”.

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by either 3 or 6 million votes (can't remember which). New York City has a population of about 8 million people.

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by either 3 or 6 million votes (can't remember which). New York City has a population of about 8 million people.

Vote by county:Clinton - Trump
Brooklyn:640,553 - 141,044
Queens:517,220 - 149,341
Manhattan:579,013 - 64,929
Bronx:353,646 - 37,797
Staten Island:74,143 - 101,437

I did the math on that and Trump only won 22.8% of the vote there. 2,164,575 went for Hillary. He probably only got as much as he did get in New York because he was a major player there. He was actually very popular in NYC only a few short years ago. Factor out one or two more major cities and Trump won the popular vote.

I just checked and Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million. So you only need to factor out New York City and Los Angeles and Trump won the popular vote.

When the elections go by county or district, Democrats have been getting CREAMED since 1968!
There are also much fewer people within most of those red counties. Elections shouldn't be based on area of land you can fill with your color crayon.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

You do know why we have an electoral college right? So that rural and urban states are equally represented. What I’m talking about is very similar. Rural counties versus urban counties. Most rural counties vote Republican while urban counties vote Democrat.

So land means more than individual votes. It was a trick. No other free country has such a ridiculous system. We shouldn't either.

Yeah, when you take away a few big cities like New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, the Republican ALWAYS wins the popular vote.

In other words, if you take away the voices of tens of millions of Americans.

Mind you, Staten Island is the red headed step child of NYC's boroughs. When you think of obnoxious Jersey shore people, they're often from Staten Island.

:)

I did the math on that and Trump only won 22.8% of the vote there. 2,164,575 went for Hillary. He probably only got as much as he did get in New York because he was a major player there. He was actually very popular in NYC only a few short years ago. Factor out one or two more major cities and Trump won the popular vote.

i definitely agree that if you take out millions of votes then Trump wins the popular vote.

I already said if you take away a few big cities like New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco,

So take away the combined populations of some of the biggest cities that outstrip 50% of US states?

so you're saying that Hillary didn't get 8 million votes in New York City?

so you're saying that Hillary didn't get 8 million votes in New York City?

Of course not. Many of those people wouldn’t be eligible voters anyways. There would be children, felons, and so on. But if you factor out such a large populated city, you’d most likely only have to factor only one or two more cities. But a city like NYC shouldn’t make it so that small towns, such as my hometown of Byron, MN doesn’t get a say.

Of course not. Many of those people wouldn’t be eligible voters anyways. There would be children, felons, and so on. But if you factor out such a large populated city, you’d most likely only have to factor only one or two more cities. But a city like NYC shouldn’t make it so that small towns, such as my hometown of Byron, MN doesn’t get a say.

i've already agree that if you take out the voices of millions of voters then Trump would have won the popular vote.

now, can we do this same exercise and take out all towns under 30,000 in population?

Yes I know that. I’m simply saying that MOST OF THE UNITED STATES MAP goes Republican.

You are crowing about the geographical map? Do you not understand what population density is or how our metropolitan areas tend to have over 75% of the population in and immediately around them? Land area doesnt vote. People vote and hold the rights in this country. If it werent for the electoral college slanting right, most presidential elections would go center left.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom