• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Presidential Debate Moderators Selected.

You shoulda just sat down instead of demanding we all point and laugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And now you've sunk into being fully pathetic.. great.

Alright, I'll let you keep running.

And now you've sunk into being fully pathetic.. great.

Alright, I'll let you keep running.

You’ll have to, you’ve been unable to stop a single volley yet.

When you want to get back to the convo we were having in good faith, lemme know. The obfuscations, BUT YOU DIDN’T ANSWER MY QUESTION right wing forum schtick gets boring if you don’t have a new angle on it.

And you do not have a new angle on it.

But...the GOP has told us the 2016 election was rigged due to CA allowing all those “illegal voters.”

And then there were all these mysterious buses transporting illegal voters between states.

It...seems (?) as though the GOP feels *no* form of voting is safe if a Democrat is on the ballot running in opposition to them and voters can make a selection between the two.

No voter ID does make determining that only citizens are voting impossible unless like in my area the people working the polls know everyone voting. Between the 8 of us working the polls in my area we know 99% who shows up to vote. We had 4 new voters on the books and when they came in to vote we knew they had recently moved into the area. We welcomed them and next election we will know who they are. Plus I know how the results in my ward are going to turn out before we tally the ballots. If 2/3 of the people who show up to vote are die hard democrats who vote straight party for the past 40 years and the republicans win I will want to see those ballots. I will know that something is clearly wrong. With mail in and no one to help people who make mistakes (and they make lots of mistake filling out the ballots) I have no idea how many peoples ballots were not counted or counted correctly.

No voter ID does make determining that only citizens are voting impossible unless like in my area the people working the polls know everyone voting. Between the 8 of us working the polls in my area we know 99% who shows up to vote. We had 4 new voters on the books and when they came in to vote we knew they had recently moved into the area. We welcomed them and next election we will know who they are. Plus I know how the results in my ward are going to turn out before we tally the ballots. If 2/3 of the people who show up to vote are die hard democrats who vote straight party for the past 40 years and the republicans win I will want to see those ballots. I will know that something is clearly wrong. With mail in and no one to help people who make mistakes (and they make lots of mistake filling out the ballots) I have no idea how many peoples ballots were not counted or counted correctly.

Your entire post literally describes everything wrong with our polling system. You are describing a scenario in which the good will and memory of poll workers stands in for methodology and accuracy.

One more reason I know the GOP is full of **** about voting: they don’t ever do anything to make it safer, easier, more accessible.

It will count as long as you don't make a mistake filling it out. I like to vote at the polls because there are so many people involved it makes it almost impossible for anyone to rig the election.

my guess is that they'll put my signature under the microscope. also, they have it set up in this convoluted way where you don't just pick candidates; you have to line candidates up with this separate key of numbers that they send you and vote for the numbers which correspond to candidates. the ballot is designed to disqualify as many people as possible. at least that's my guess. when my wife and i were filling out the primaries, i was like "would you look at this ****? why did they do it that way? they're trying to make sure that you mess up somehow."

Your entire post literally describes everything wrong with our polling system. You are describing a scenario in which the good will and memory of poll workers stands in for methodology and accuracy.

One more reason I know the GOP is full of **** about voting: they don’t ever do anything to make it safer, easier, more accessible.

You clearly know nothing about how the polling is done or ever worked the polls. You do never helped people confused vote and make sure their vote counted. Try doing something to help and learn what is really going on.

You clearly know nothing about how the polling is done or ever worked the polls. You do never helped people confused vote and make sure their vote counted. Try doing something to help and learn what is really going on.

You just told me what is really going on. A flock of yentas in poorly staffed polling places are “determining” irregularities due to knowin’ ‘em when they see ‘em.

Your system is antiquated and not suited to the needs of a modern industrialized wealthy country. Deal with it.

my guess is that they'll put my signature under the microscope. also, they have it set up in this convoluted way where you don't just pick candidates; you have to line candidates up with this separate key of numbers that they send you and vote for the numbers which correspond to candidates. the ballot is designed to disqualify as many people as possible. at least that's my guess. when my wife and i were filling out the primaries, i was like "would you look at this ****? why did they do it that way? they're trying to make sure that you mess up somehow."

That is truly sad. Our system was quite simple actually. It was a multiple choice test where you picked the candidate you wanted. even the right in was quite simple. You just wrote in the person you wanted instead of choosing a candidate. Where most of the elderly got in trouble was when you got to choose several from a list of many. They would either choose too many or just one. The other thing that was common was they did not fill out the other side. The candidates on the back of the ballot would have lost lots of votes. I just got my ballot in the mail and have yet to look at it. If it is more complicated than the simple ballot at the polls I feel sorry for all the elderly who are already confused.

That is truly sad. Our system was quite simple actually. It was a multiple choice test where you picked the candidate you wanted. even the right in was quite simple. You just wrote in the person you wanted instead of choosing a candidate. Where most of the elderly got in trouble was when you got to choose several from a list of many. They would either choose too many or just one. The other thing that was common was they did not fill out the other side. The candidates on the back of the ballot would have lost lots of votes. I just got my ballot in the mail and have yet to look at it. If it is more complicated than the simple ballot at the polls I feel sorry for all the elderly who are already confused.

when i saw that it was a convoluted thing in which you didn't just fill in a circle next to your candidate of choice, it pissed me off, because it was obvious what the intention was.

I think you are right this may be too complicated for more people than you might think. I will be working the polls and I will help anyone who needs help like I do every year. I will wear a mask and follow all social distancing guidelines. Even my 80+ year old mother will be working the polls against my better judgement but she has the right to live her life how she chooses. It will be sad to see so many people lose their vote. What is even worse is the people who will mess up the ballot won't even know that they messed it up. I wonder if they will be notified that their vote did not get counted. Then there are those who voted for someone they didn't intend to. It is hell to get old and struggle with new things. They struggle to see and comprehend and get easily frustrated making even more mistakes. This is going to be a sad day in our election history. The only saving grace are if the people confused actually show up and let me help them.

You just told me what is really going on. A flock of yentas in poorly staffed polling places are “determining” irregularities due to knowin’ ‘em when they see ‘em.

Your system is antiquated and not suited to the needs of a modern industrialized wealthy country. Deal with it.

So you believe there should be no one to help our elderly and people who have trouble with instructions vote. Do you think their vote should even count?

when i saw that it was a convoluted thing in which you didn't just fill in a circle next to your candidate of choice, it pissed me off, because it was obvious what the intention was.

I don't think it is intentional. I think a lot of young bright people who come up with these ballots forget that there are still millions of people who never finished school or have not used the schooling they had for decades. I remember when I got a new register that told you how much change was to be given back. No more doing it in your head. After only a year something as simple as making change all of a sudden became difficult to do in my head. I know people who have forgotten their times tables after relying on calculators. After typing for years I tried to hand write a letter and was surprised how difficult it became. I dread getting 20 or 30 years older and trying to keep up with modern technology. It is sad to see an elderly person break down and start crying because they think they are too stupid to work the remote control that came with their new TV.

I don't think it is intentional. I think a lot of young bright people who come up with these ballots forget that there are still millions of people who never finished school or have not used the schooling they had for decades. I remember when I got a new register that told you how much change was to be given back. No more doing it in your head. After only a year something as simple as making change all of a sudden became difficult to do in my head. I know people who have forgotten their times tables after relying on calculators. After typing for years I tried to hand write a letter and was surprised how difficult it became. I dread getting 20 or 30 years older and trying to keep up with modern technology. It is sad to see an elderly person break down and start crying because they think they are too stupid to work the remote control that came with their new TV.

i'm doing my best to keep up. my generation is sort of a hybrid. we were exposed to early computers at a young age, but didn't really have email or the internet until our 20s. we sort of picked it up as it came out.

as for the ballots, everything about them looked like "hey, i'll bet that this will disqualify it!" of course, i could be CTing it.

So you believe there should be no one to help our elderly and people who have trouble with instructions vote. Do you think their vote should even count?

I do, which is why during a pandemic that is especially deadly for them we need to ensure they can vote safely and not stand around in viral ****holes with a bunch of yentas.

i'm doing my best to keep up. my generation is sort of a hybrid. we were exposed to early computers at a young age, but didn't really have email or the internet until our 20s. we sort of picked it up as it came out.

as for the ballots, everything about them looked like "hey, i'll bet that this will disqualify it!" of course, i could be CTing it.

It is the same with everything. I have phone that I will never use even 10% of what is capable of doing. However my 10 year old nephew thinks my phone is obsolete and won't do anything. While you and I look at the ballot and say my God why does this need to be so complicated and confusing a 10 year old would think it was simple and only a dummy would struggle or can't understand it. I remember my great uncle telling me my day would come. Well it is here.

It is the same with everything. I have phone that I will never use even 10% of what is capable of doing. However my 10 year old nephew thinks my phone is obsolete and won't do anything. While you and I look at the ballot and say my God why does this need to be so complicated and confusing a 10 year old would think it was simple and only a dummy would struggle or can't understand it. I remember my great uncle telling me my day would come. Well it is here.

our ballots aren't just complicated and easy to **** up because i'm middle aged. they're designed to be that way.

as for other tech stuff, i'm pretty good with it. however, i will admit that some millennials that i work with are faster than i am when it comes to getting some complex tech tasks done occasionally. you can tell that they have been working with computers and playing video games since they were six months old. however, they like me because i'm not a dick, so they're a good resource if i ever hit a wall. i do the same for them when i have figured out an equipment or tech wall that they don't know how to get through. it's a good mutualistic relationship. i like it when i can help out.

I do, which is why during a pandemic that is especially deadly for them we need to ensure they can vote safely and not stand around in viral ****holes with a bunch of yentas.

I worked the polls with a bunch of people over 60 even people over 80 during the pandemic already. No one working the polls got sick To my knowledge no one who voted got sick. Seems we are just a whole lot smarter and responsible. We are the generation that got it done when there were so many deadly diseases no one could even keep track of them all. We are the ones working the jobs that never shut down and without a problem. Poor baby.

our ballots aren't just complicated and easy to **** up because i'm middle aged. they're designed to be that way.

as for other tech stuff, i'm pretty good with it. however, i will admit that some millennials that i work with are faster than i am when it comes to getting some complex tech tasks done occasionally. you can tell that they have been working with computers and playing video games since they were six months old. however, they like me because i'm not a dick, so they're a good resource if i ever hit a wall. i do the same for them when i have figured out an equipment or tech wall that they don't know how to get through. it's a good mutualistic relationship. i like it when i can help out.

I specialize in instructions. I have been factory trained for decades now. I am certified in so many plumbing, heating, and AC systems I am certifiable.

Back
Top Bottom