• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

president trump

hado117

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
man , 5 billion dollars is a big number. thats alot of money to be moving at one time. take your time. the wall wont be completed in 3 months. did you get many estimates for constructing the wall?

Last edited:
man , 5 billion dollars is a big number. thats alot of money to be moving at one time. take your time. the wall wont be completed in 3 months. did you get many estimates for constructing the wall?

The federal government spends more than that every 12 hours. See, it's not so much if you spread it out like that. ;)

The federal government spends more than that every 12 hours. See, it's not so much if you spread it out like that. ;)

but the money spent can be on **** like social security and the salaries of the government leeches. and vacations for f.b.i. agents. thats different. who gets the contract to build the wall and can I bid the job?

Michelle got her husband's administration and Congress to approve 3 times that much for a program to tell children what they can eat at school.

btw, once saner heads came along her program got tossed in the trash where it belongs.

but the money spent can be on **** like social security and the salaries of the government leeches. and vacations for f.b.i. agents. thats different. who gets the contract to build the wall and can I bid the job?

Show us your design for a wall that meets government requirements. I'd like to see it.

use the five billion to fix bridges and infrastructure, not for a great wall of derp. if i were the Democrats, i would pepper Trump with bills that do good things with the money that he wants to waste on the wall, and i would make that process very public. let him throw a tantrum and veto them. let the senate be on the record as crushing very popular ideas. the Democrats won't do it, though, most likely. this is why they need new leadership.

use the five billion to fix bridges and infrastructure, not for a great wall of derp. if i were the Democrats, i would pepper Trump with bills that do good things with the money that he wants to waste on the wall, and i would make that process very public. let him throw a tantrum and veto them. let the senate be on the record as crushing very popular ideas. the Democrats won't do it, though, most likely. this is why they need new leadership.

Sooo….you are advocating Congress engage in nuisance efforts to re-allocate money already budgeted for a particular purpose?

Do you realize what kind of door you are opening up for partisan efforts to undermine any administration's efforts to pursue the goals it was elected to try to accomplish?

To me it would seem that such efforts would end up justifying "reallocation" (read "misappropriation") of budgeted funds by any administration almost at whim.

I guess it's okay to advocate such things when one has a low opinion of the occupants of a current administration, without considering the effects it might have on one they themselves might support in a future election. :coffeepap:

Do you realize what kind of door you are opening up for partisan efforts to undermine any administration's efforts to pursue the goals it was elected to try to accomplish?

Pretty sure that door’s been open for quite some time.

Yes, it is...very different. Soc. sec has been paid for.

Salaries for govt. employees are no different or leeches anymore than your salary is leeching.

That 'leeches' is an insult and disqualifies your thinking on the issue therefrom.

Even $5 billion takes away from paying $13 billion for a $9 billion aircraft carriers or paying $1.9 trillion

for a $1.3 trillion new aircraft. Tell trump the money comes from a new tax on presidents.

Sooo….you are advocating Congress engage in nuisance efforts to re-allocate money already budgeted for a particular purpose?

To me it would seem that such efforts would end up justifying "reallocation" (read "misappropriation") of budgeted funds by any administration almost at whim.

I guess it's okay to advocate such things when one has a low opinion of the occupants of a current administration, without considering the effects it might have on one they themselves might support in a future election. :coffeepap:

i am advocating that congress do its job and engage the public while doing so. perhaps then the Democrats will regain some sort of identity, and we will once again have two viable and competitive parties to choose from. i have something to vote against. give me something to vote for.

Michelle got her husband's administration and Congress to approve 3 times that much for a program to tell children what they can eat at school.

btw, once saner heads came along her program got tossed in the trash where it belongs.

The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 is a federal statute signed into law by President Barack Obama on December 13, 2010.

The bill is part of the reauthorization of funding for child nutrition (the original...Child Nutrition Act). The bill funds
child nutrition programs and free lunch programs in schools for the next 5 years. In addition, the bill sets new nutrition standards for schools,
and allocates $4.5 billion for their implementation.

As of this writing, the Trump administration has not “cancelled” or repealed the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act.

Rather, they have loosened its provisions by changing or delaying some of the school meal nutritional requirements established by that legislation.

I am with you though, $5 billion for a downpayment on a $20 billion wall, is much more important. [sic]

In 2017 the federal government spent 4.147 trillion dollars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_United_States_federal_budget

The 5 billion is 0.0012% or a bit over one one thousandth of a single percent of what was spent in 2017. To reach even one percent of the total expenditures spent in 2017, Trump would have to get 414.7 billion for his wall.

so this fight has become a matter of principal, not of substance when it comes to spending. Strange as it may sound, the Democrats were all in favor of building a wall back in 2006 and voted for it. Even though that legislation passed and was signed into law, it was never funded. Hence not built.

The wall in my opinion has taken on a pro vs. anti Trump stance than whether or not it has merit and could help the illegal immigration problem. It's 100% politicized. Hate Trump, be against it. Love Trump, be for it. This whole thing is 100% very partisan BS. When you only talking about one one thousandth of one percent, it can be nothing else but partisan politics at its worst.

In 2017 the federal government spent 4.147 trillion dollars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_United_States_federal_budget

The 5 billion is 0.0012% or a bit over one one thousandth of a single percent of what was spent in 2017. To reach even one percent of the total expenditures spent in 2017, Trump would have to get 414.7 billion for his wall.

so this fight has become a matter of principal, not of substance when it comes to spending. Strange as it may sound, the Democrats were all in favor of building a wall back in 2006 and voted for it. Even though that legislation passed and was signed into law, it was never funded. Hence not built.

The wall in my opinion has taken on a pro vs. anti Trump stance than whether or not it has merit and could help the illegal immigration problem. It's 100% politicized. Hate Trump, be against it. Love Trump, be for it. This whole thing is 100% very partisan BS. When you only talking about one one thousandth of one percent, it can be nothing else but partisan politics at its worst.
lets just play the american people against each other with the two party system, and get rich while doing it

Obviously another example from you on your lack of understanding as to the role of the Federal Govt. and the taxes you pay along with their purpose. Haven't been out much, have you, road and bridge construction everywhere but most roads and bridges are state controlled and expenses paid for by the excise taxes when you buy gasoline, federal and state excise taxes and in some cases local and sales taxes.

This country has dumbed down from when I went to school as I learned the responsibilities of the federal govt. and learned personal responsibilities. National Defense IS the sole role of the Federal Govt. and their goal is to PROMOTE domestic welfare, not provide for it

lets just play the american people against each other with the two party system, and get rich while doing it

that's about as true as it gets. Both major parties owe their hearts and souls to corporations, wall street firms, lobbyists, special interests, mega money donors etc. as that is where they get their tens of millions of dollars for their campaigns and other political party functions. One doesn't bite the hand that feeds you.

Obviously another example from you on your lack of understanding as to the role of the Federal Govt. and the taxes you pay along with their purpose. Haven't been out much, have you, road and bridge construction everywhere but most roads and bridges are state controlled and expenses paid for by the excise taxes when you buy gasoline, federal and state excise taxes and in some cases local and sales taxes.

This country has dumbed down from when I went to school as I learned the responsibilities of the federal govt. and learned personal responsibilities. National Defense IS the sole role of the Federal Govt. and their goal is to PROMOTE domestic welfare, not provide for it

i don't have an incorrect understanding of the federal government's proper role. our bridges and interstate highway systems are a matter of national security. the great wall of derp could technically be classified under that umbrella, as well, even though it is a complete waste of money. i would prefer to spend the money on useful infrastructure. Democrats should promote that as an alternative.

however, this is a moot point, as Mexico will be paying for the wall in full, correct?

where can I find the requirements? the specifications?

If you can't figure that out, you probably aren't qualified to build the wall either.

How about we don't spend the money at all?

This money has not been spent or allocated. There are no funds available as yet to reallocate to your pet projects.

How about we don't spend the money at all?

This money has not been spent or allocated. There are no funds available as yet to reallocate to your pet projects.

you consider infrastructure upgrades and maintenance to be "pet projects?" that's interesting. drive over many bridges, do you?

i don't have an incorrect understanding of the federal government's proper role. our bridges and interstate highway systems are a matter of national security. the great wall of derp could technically be classified under that umbrella, as well, even though it is a complete waste of money. i would prefer to spend the money on useful infrastructure. Democrats should promote that as an alternative.

however, this is a moot point, as Mexico will be paying for the wall in full, correct?
Glad you aren't responsible for our national Security. 9/11 cost thousands of lives and over a trillion dollars

Illegals costs billions but they do support Democrats. Trump promised the wall, Congress won't fund it or reduce Mexico payments so that's Trump's fault?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Glad you aren't responsible for our national Security. 9/11 cost thousands of lives and over a trillion dollars

Illegals costs billions but they do support Democrats. Trump promised the wall, Congress won't fund it or reduce Mexico payments so that's Trump's fault?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

but Mexico is going to pay for it. Cheeto promised. therefore, no need for taxpayer funding. shall i like you to video to prove it? sounds good to me.

man, it must suck to spend so much time defending this fool. :lol:

you consider infrastructure upgrades and maintenance to be "pet projects?" that's interesting. drive over many bridges, do you?

No I don't. But these projects should stand alone and not be tied to the wall build.

There has been no money allocated as yet to the wall, so there can be no money to divert to something else. Even if the money was sitting in a government money vault waiting to be spent, budget should be tied to need, not availability.

For the record, I'm not in favor of the wall. There are other more effective and less expensive ways so alleviate the border problem.

No I don't. But these projects should stand alone and not be tied to the wall build.

There has been no money allocated as yet to the wall, so there can be no money to divert to something else. Even if the money was sitting in a government money vault waiting to be spent, budget should be tied to need, not availability.

For the record, I'm not in favor of the wall. There are other more effective and less expensive ways so alleviate the border problem.

wait, you don't drive over bridges? that's odd. well, lucky you, i guess. my point is that we should prioritize spending towards things that are useful. there are many better ways to spend five billion dollars.

Back
Top Bottom