• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

president trump

but Mexico is going to pay for it. Cheeto promised. therefore, no need for taxpayer funding. shall i like you to video to prove it? sounds good to me.

man, it must suck to spend so much time defending this fool. :lol:

Trump proposed it, Congress refused to take action, amazing how Presidential proposals are now called lies when things happen out of the control of the President. Want to see the campaign promises made by Obama that weren't fulfilled?

wait, you don't drive over bridges? that's odd. well, lucky you, i guess. my point is that we should prioritize spending towards things that are useful. there are many better ways to spend five billion dollars.

Most people, you included have no idea whose responsibility it is to fund bridges and highways nor have you been out to see what is happening on bridges and highways so the logical move for you is to say nothing and to blame Trump.

Trump proposed it, Congress refused to take action, amazing how Presidential proposals are now called lies when things happen out of the control of the President. Want to see the campaign promises made by Obama that weren't fulfilled?

so he lied. oops.

Most people, you included have no idea whose responsibility it is to fund bridges and highways nor have you been out to see what is happening on bridges and highways so the logical move for you is to say nothing and to blame Trump.

the highways around here have been rotting long before the orange fool took over. however, the five billion dollars would be much better spent upgrading our transportation system than on a great wall of derp.

so he lied. oops.

No doubt this is a lie but Obama's were just failed commitments, interesting double standard you have. oh, by the way how has this so called broken promise hurt you or cost you anything? how about all those other so called broken promises thus lies? Apparently civics isn't something you understand either

the highways around here have been rotting long before the orange fool took over. however, the five billion dollars would be much better spent upgrading our transportation system than on a great wall of derp.

Then maybe you ought to get after your state and find out why they aren't fixing them? It isn't federal taxpayer responsibility it fund your state and local highways

I'd like to see the contract to build the wall go to a minority contractor who would then hire illegals to build it.

No doubt this is a lie but Obama's were just failed commitments, interesting double standard you have. oh, by the way how has this so called broken promise hurt you or cost you anything? how about all those other so called broken promises thus lies? Apparently civics isn't something you understand either

nice #butsomeoneelse. we are in agreement that Trump lied multiple times when he promised that Mexico would pay for the wall, yes? consider your next deflection carefully.

Then maybe you ought to get after your state and find out why they aren't fixing them? It isn't federal taxpayer responsibility it fund your state and local highways

i don't see a reason that we can't add five billion to the highway trust fund instead of wasting it on a border wall. i also see no reason that congress can't allocate the money to build infrastructure independent of a trust fund. the reason that i don't see a reason is because there isn't one. i do see a good reason to spend that money wisely on things that we actually need, however.

nice #butsomeoneelse. we are in agreement that Trump lied multiple times when he promised that Mexico would pay for the wall, yes? consider your next deflection carefully.

OMG, a campaign promise not fulfilled now called a lie. You really never took civics did you? Trump proposed the wall, is fighting for funding and has been rejected and only in the liberal world is that a lie. Congratulations, the left loves you

In less than 2 years Trump has delivered on quite a few of those promises. want to post the Obama successes after two years?

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/

You obviously have already shown you have no understanding of the taxes you pay, their purpose and now you add poor understanding of civics, congratulations, nothing independent about you, purely liberal

i don't see a reason that we can't add five billion to the highway trust fund instead of wasting it on a border wall. i also see no reason that congress can't allocate the money to build infrastructure independent of a trust fund. the reason that i don't see a reason is because there isn't one. i do see a good reason to spend that money wisely on things that we actually need, however.

Because the highway trust fund is funded by Excise taxes, Defense Income taxes and the wall is income tax funded. You bought the LBJ unified budget hook, line and sinker which is why we have a short fall today in those areas whether it be SS, Medicare, Highway funding. Tell your Congressman what FEDERAL HIGHWAYS are are in disrepair. Spent a lot of time on the Interstates this summer and can tell you that work is getting done, so maybe you ought to get out more

but the money spent can be on **** like social security and the salaries of the government leeches. and vacations for f.b.i. agents. thats different. who gets the contract to build the wall and can I bid the job?

of course you can: https://www.fbo.gov/

Show us your design for a wall that meets government requirements. I'd like to see it.

the government will specify the design and construction specifications
the contract is not to design the wall but to build against a design which has been decided upon

Obviously another example from you on your lack of understanding as to the role of the Federal Govt. and the taxes you pay along with their purpose. Haven't been out much, have you, road and bridge construction everywhere but most roads and bridges are state controlled and expenses paid for by the excise taxes when you buy gasoline, federal and state excise taxes and in some cases local and sales taxes.

This country has dumbed down from when I went to school as I learned the responsibilities of the federal govt. and learned personal responsibilities. National Defense IS the sole role of the Federal Govt. and their goal is to PROMOTE domestic welfare, not provide for it
there is a certain smugness in that post which tries to pretend that you know better than the government of the people what the government intends to do for its citizens
its almost as if you were not around when social security and other safety net programs were launched, which i know cannot be true due to your advanced age

that's about as true as it gets. Both major parties owe their hearts and souls to corporations, wall street firms, lobbyists, special interests, mega money donors etc. as that is where they get their tens of millions of dollars for their campaigns and other political party functions. One doesn't bite the hand that feeds you.

take consolation in the reality that we have the best government money can buy

but Mexico is going to pay for it. Cheeto promised. therefore, no need for taxpayer funding. shall i like you to video to prove it? sounds good to me.

man, it must suck to spend so much time defending this fool. :lol:
[emphasis added by bubba]

actually it's "wedge", the simplest of tools

there is a certain smugness in that post which tries to pretend that you know better than the government of the people what the government intends to do for its citizens
its almost as if you were not around when social security and other safety net programs were launched, which i know cannot be true due to your advanced age

Smugness? NO, it is a simple piece of paper called the Constitution, one that the bureaucrats have revised to create career positions and the ability to buy votes.

At my advanced age, I contributed for 35 years and because of my income always met the maximum and ever year I get a 1-2% return on my contributions and my wife who worked as well contributed for decades but died at age 62 without collecting a check. Liberal fairness? Does your money, my money, my wife's money belong to someone else?

Any idea what a simple interest account would generate in income after 35 years?? Sure glad my wife is helping others instead of her grandkids

I'd like to see the contract to build the wall go to a minority contractor who would then hire illegals to build it.

the possibility exists
as a general contractor the company would only have to perform 10% of the work using its own staff

Last edited:
Smugness? NO, it is a simple piece of paper called the Constitution, one that the bureaucrats have revised to create career positions and the ability to buy votes.

At my advanced age, I contributed for 35 years and because of my income always met the maximum and ever year I get a 1-2% return on my contributions and my wife who worked as well contributed for decades but died at age 62 without collecting a check. Liberal fairness? Does your money, my money, my wife's money belong to someone else?

Any idea what a simple interest account would generate in income after 35 years?? Sure glad my wife is helping others instead of her grandkids

obviously, you were voting for the wrong representatives because your expectation were not met

however, for most of the rest of the citizenry, they were

obviously, you were voting for the wrong representatives because your expectation were not met

however, for most of the rest of the citizenry, they were

Really? so tell me who I voted for and how they are wrong for my ideology? For most of the rest of the country? GOP Gained two Senate Seats, what do you think the House is going to be able to do, eliminate the tax cuts that people are enjoying? Apparently actual results don't matter and are trumped by your perceptions

OMG, a campaign promise not fulfilled now called a lie. You really never took civics did you? Trump proposed the wall, is fighting for funding and has been rejected and only in the liberal world is that a lie. Congratulations, the left loves you

In less than 2 years Trump has delivered on quite a few of those promises. want to post the Obama successes after two years?

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/

You obviously have already shown you have no understanding of the taxes you pay, their purpose and now you add poor understanding of civics, congratulations, nothing independent about you, purely liberal

i missed the part where Mexico will pay for the wall, making the five billion that we are discussing unnecessary.

Because the highway trust fund is funded by Excise taxes, Defense Income taxes and the wall is income tax funded. You bought the LBJ unified budget hook, line and sinker which is why we have a short fall today in those areas whether it be SS, Medicare, Highway funding. Tell your Congressman what FEDERAL HIGHWAYS are are in disrepair. Spent a lot of time on the Interstates this summer and can tell you that work is getting done, so maybe you ought to get out more

i understand that you believe that congress is unable to allocate five billion dollars for infrastructure other than the derp wall. however, this is not correct.

Back
Top Bottom