• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Trump Told Russians Firing James Comey Eased Investigation Pressure | NBC Nightly News

Re: POTUS admits obstruction of justice...again

Oh man, this'll really trigger da lib'rals! MAGA!

Trump's words:

Regarding Whitaker:
POTUS: Well, I heard it was a very strong opinion. Uh, which is good. But [Whitaker] is just somebody who’s very respected.

I knew him only as he pertained, you know, as he was with Jeff Sessions. And, um, you know, look, as far as I’m concerned this is an investigation that should have never been brought. It should have never been had.

It’s something that should have never been brought. It’s an illegal investigation. And you know, it’s very interesting because when you talk about not Senate confirmed, well, Mueller’s not Senate confirmed.

He just can't help himself can he.

Remember that time Trump confessed on TV he fired Comey over the 'Russia thing'?

Well he did it again - this time admitting he installed Whitaker because of Whitaker's opposition to the Mueller investigation.

• Wants to fire the man investigating him
  • Attorney General refuses
  • Fires attorney General
  • Installs a hatchet man for the job

Besides in the headline of the Esquire article, where in the article did Trump blurt out he installed Whitaker because of Whitaker's opposition to the Mueller investigation?
That may very likely have been the reason but your claim would be more effective if it was true.

Besides in the headline of the Esquire article, where in the article did Trump blurt out he installed Whitaker because of Whitaker's opposition to the Mueller investigation?
That may very likely have been the reason but your claim would be more effective if it was true.

Normally that may be the case where it's a headline taking something out of context, for example.

But we have a lot of historic, recorded evidence of this, a lot of context. Given all of that context, history, evidence, the idea that he is NOT admitting Whitaker was hired because of the Russia investigation, is absurd.
You have no evidence to support it that contrary.
All evidence points to his appointment of Whitaker, and this latest obvious admission of such, to be able protection from the Mueller investigation.

This was to be expected. The President disliked the investigation from the start.

Normally that may be the case where it's a headline taking something out of context, for example.

But we have a lot of historic, recorded evidence of this, a lot of context. Given all of that context, history, evidence, the idea that he is NOT admitting Whitaker was hired because of the Russia investigation, is absurd.
You have no evidence to support it that contrary.
All evidence points to his appointment of Whitaker, and this latest obvious admission of such, to be able protection from the Mueller investigation.

You don't create headline or repeat a headline that isn't reflected in the body of a story and feel justified because no one can prove it's not true.
At least you're not supposed to.
But the media does it and it's probably why they poll worse than Trump.

" I knew him only as he pertained, you know, as he was with Jeff Sessions. And, um, you know, look, as far as I’m concerned this is an investigation that should have never been brought. It should have never been had.

It’s something that should have never been brought. It’s an illegal investigation. And you know, it’s very interesting because when you talk about not Senate confirmed, well, Mueller’s not Senate confirmed."

Is anyone surprised in the least.

President Trump shoots from the hip, regardless if it ends up hitting his foot...

Trump has managed to make corruption and obstruction of justice seem mundane and commonplace.

Welp, add it to the obstruction-of-justice pile.

I can't remember which reporter said this, but aides have tried to prevent him from speaking to conservative outlets because he feels so comfortable around them that he ends up saying...well...that.

You don't create headline or repeat a headline that isn't reflected in the body of a story and feel justified because no one can prove it's not true.
At least you're not supposed to.But the media does it and it's probably why they poll worse than Trump.

The headline is reflected in the body of the story.

Trump does, implicitly, admit that...again. I don't see your point.
Did you mean all headlines that do not profess to be quotes, must be quotes? That would be absurd.

Is it annoying that it uses "admits" as though he is quoted as saying "I did it?" A little. Welcome to reality. Trump literally lies, as in, the opposite in both word and meaning, 24/7, so the idea that this is somehow relatively bad is also absurd.
Is there any question that Trumps quoted revelations in that interview are evidence of why he did what he did? No.

The headline is reflected in the body of the story.

Trump does, implicitly, admit that...again. I don't see your point.
Did you mean all headlines that do not profess to be quotes, must be quotes? That would be absurd.

Is it annoying that it uses "admits" as though he is quoted as saying "I did it?" A little. Welcome to reality. Trump literally lies, as in, the opposite in both word and meaning, 24/7, so the idea that this is somehow relatively bad is also absurd.
Is there any question that Trumps quoted revelations in that interview are evidence of why he did what he did? No.

I was looking for where "Trump Just Blurted Out, Unprompted, That He Installed His Pet Attorney General Over the Russia Probe".
It wasn't there.
I suppose that being the kind of magazine it is, Esquire is entitled to put whatever it wants inside.
They just shouldn't pretend it's a journalism endeavor.
The problem being that they still may have influence with some readers who don't know they're only pretending.

Read it again. The article posts a transcript of a radio interview with the daily caller. Trump cites Whitaker's 20-page argument against the Mueller investigation as a reason he's good for the job. Let me see: praises a guy for his legal opinion against the Mueller investigation then hires him to oversee it. There are no dots to connect here are there?

Yes 'blurted out' is a salacious title, but an admission is an admission, even unintentionally. This could easily be used as further evidence of obstruction - and probably will.

“He’s—and he’s, very importantly, he’s respected within DOJ. I heard he got a very good decision, I haven’t seen it. Well, I heard it was a very strong opinion. Uh, which is good. But [Whitaker] is just somebody that’s very respected.

[Here Conway, also in the interview, confirms he's referring to Whitaker's 20-page report]

I knew him only as he pertained, you know, as he was with Jeff Sessions. And, you know, look, as far as I’m concerned this is an investigation that should have never been brought. It should have never been had.

It’s something that should have never been brought. It’s an illegal investigation. And you know, it’s very interesting because when you talk about not Senate confirmed, well, Mueller’s not Senate confirmed."

And BTW Mr president it is not an illegal investigation. It is perfectly legal. 100%.

Last edited:

I was looking for where "Trump Just Blurted Out, Unprompted, That He Installed His Pet Attorney General Over the Russia Probe".
It wasn't there.
Of course it was there.

Try it another way. Tell us what you believe Trump's response indicates, in the context of the broader Mueller probe and how Trump has reacted to hit, publicly and privately, in the past.

Remember that time Trump confessed on TV he fired Comey over the 'Russia thing'?

Well he did it again - this time admitting he installed Whitaker because of Whitaker's opposition to the Mueller investigation.

• Fires attorney General

Trump may be very surprised again. Whitaker may also recuse himself from the Russia investigation.

Trump may be very surprised again. Whitaker may also recuse himself from the Russia investigation.

Yeah, I'm waiting on that DOJ response, supposedly he made an inquiry on whether he needs to or not.

Firing someone is not obstruction of justice. It is that simple.

• Fires attorney General

So why do we need the Mueller investigation to go on for one and a half years at the cost of millions and millions of dollars when you already have Trump's "confessions" as evidence?

Firing someone is not obstruction of justice. It is that simple.

Is that you, Mr. Nixon? I thought you were dead. :mrgreen:

Trump has managed to make corruption and obstruction of justice seem mundane and commonplace.

Welp, add it to the obstruction-of-justice pile.

I can't remember which reporter said this, but aides have tried to prevent him from speaking to conservative outlets because he feels so comfortable around them that he ends up saying...well...that.

LOL. Hillary has already beaten him to the punch on all of that.

Is anyone surprised in the least.

President Trump shoots from the hip, regardless if it ends up hitting his foot...

I love that signature line you have there. Zell Miller was a great man.

LOL. Hillary has already beaten him to the punch on all of that.

As far as I'm concerned the topical matter of this thread has been settled, so I'll descend to your level and entertain your whataboutism: cite using valid sources your evidence that Hillary Clinton surpassed Trump in corruption and obstruction of justice.

As far as I'm concerned the topical matter of this thread has been settled, so I'll descend to your level and entertain your whataboutism: cite using valid sources your evidence that Hillary Clinton surpassed Trump in corruption and obstruction of justice.

There you go with that logic thing again........

That would be the ethical thing to do.

I think with this president, more than any since Nixon, officials are forced to weigh their loyalty to the country (the law, their office, their oaths) against their loyalty to its leader.

Back
Top Bottom