• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Trump proposes launching state-run media network

An obvious "want". LOL!!

Okay.

Trump has your number.

Seriously?

You don;'t get this simple yet obvious attempt by Trump to become a dictator? (or as close to it as possible)

They are not the president of the united states. Get some perspective here. I also don't see the media calling Trump the enemy of the state as Trump does to them.

Lie.

Only the disinformation distributors are called out. Why leave that out? Oh we know why.

Surprised this took so long.

The government already has its own websites, Facebook accounts, Twitter feeds and so on.

A TV network seems a logical companion.

[h=1]President Trump proposes launching state-run media network[/h]
if there was an remaining doubt that this guy is an autocrat with totalitarian ambitions, this should put a rest to those doubts.

I am looking forward to conservatives here, with their free market ideology, twisting themselves into pretzels defending the government getting into the news business to compete against private news services.

An honest news network would be more than enough.

An honest news network would be more than enough.
The networks we have ARE honest. You are merely the victim of the smear campaign wages by our authoritarian wannabe.

By whom? You sure don't see results discussed here in this forum. It is all about opinion-based rhetoric and media 24/7 attacks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You...do. Often. We have a thread on the monthly job numbers most every month.

You...do. Often. We have a thread on the monthly job numbers most every month.

Yes of course I post data that you want to ignore, Part time for economic reasons skew the employment and unemployment numbers. Which economic numbers are worse than Obama's?

The networks we have ARE honest. You are merely the victim of the smear campaign wages by our authoritarian wannabe.

Ouch!

Not even close.

NBC suspends Brian Williams for six months over Iraq helicopter story

CNN's Most Humiliating Moment, "Can't Admit They Lied... To The Entire World"

Brennan lied to you and to the Senate.

Acosta Spreading Fake News

Rather has now suffered another major embarrassment.

A pattern of deception in the actions of a staff reporter.

Fareed Zakaria :Serial Plagiarism

Negative. These people have sacrificed their own credibility on the altar of their own bias.

I too wish professionalism were injected back into the news rather than their own biased and often ill sourced opinions.

Trump is the opposite of authoritarian. He merely calls out the liars in the media.

An actual authoritarian weaponizes the government institutions to take over the banks, takes over healthcare, and sic the institutions on the media and opponents they disagree with.

Last edited:
Ouch!

Not even close.

NBC suspends Brian Williams for six months over Iraq helicopter story

CNN's Most Humiliating Moment, "Can't Admit They Lied... To The Entire World"

Brennan lied to you and to the Senate.

Acosta Spreading Fake News

Rather has now suffered another major embarrassment.

A pattern of deception in the actions of a staff reporter.

Fareed Zakaria :Serial Plagiarism

Negative. These people have sacrificed their own credibility on the altar of their own bias.

I too wish professionalism were injected back into the news rather than their own biased and often ill sourced opinions.

Trump is the opposite of authoritarian. He merely calls out the liars in the media.

An actual authoritarian weaponizes the government institutions to take over the banks, takes over healthcare, and sic the institutions on the media and opponents they disagree with.

So, for the media to be honest, it has to be 100% perfect. That’s a standard you wouldn’t impose on your doctor or spouse.

I got the impression that it was going to be Trump's own network, kinda like CNN used to be Ted Turners network. Is that a problem for you?

It certainly isn't right for an elected official to use the government to create a business he can run after leaving office.

That should be illegal, if it isn't already.

The multimedia echo chamber calls Trump the enemy...and much worse.
While I tend to think Trump is very definitely causing harm to the country, that doesn't necessarily equate to him being an enemy of the country - it's very possible his best intentions are so inept they always cause more harm than good.

It certainly isn't right for an elected official to use the government to create a business he can run after leaving office.

That should be illegal, if it isn't already.

Let me know when it happens. Worrying about things that haven't happened yet can't change anything.

Let me know when it happens. Worrying about things that haven't happened yet can't change anything.
Well of course, if it doesn't happen then he's just an idiot, not a threat.

Well of course, if it doesn't happen then he's just an idiot, not a threat.

Do you check under the bed at night for monsters? Or Chuck Norris?

So, for the media to be honest, it has to be 100% perfect. That’s a standard you wouldn’t impose on your doctor or spouse.

Simple professionalism is a new concept to you huh?

So extreme. If your doc was 50/50 correct you would be dead soon.

You used a handful of examples where the media was wrong as an example of media "dishonesty." Sorry, every profession has an error rate -- from Intel making processors to doctors administering patients. Not getting it right 100% of the time isn't humanly possible in any profession. Pointing out a splatter of errors doesn't prove dishonesty.

Now, you claim the news is only 50% correct. Well, who is being dishonest now? If that's what you think, prove it's only 50%.

Doctors are very well educated.
Politicians and some media folks are not.

You used a handful of examples where the media was wrong as an example of media "dishonesty." Sorry, every profession has an error rate -- from Intel making processors to doctors administering patients. Not getting it right 100% of the time isn't humanly possible in any profession. Pointing out a splatter of errors doesn't prove dishonesty.

Now, you claim the news is only 50% correct. Well, who is being dishonest now? If that's what you think, prove it's only 50%.

I claimed no such thing. Reporting the facts without opinion and claiming to be news is a problem.

50/50 would be welcome at this point.

[h=1]Study: 91 percent of recent network Trump coverage has been negative[/h]"The mainstream-media critics over at the Media Research Center have been evaluating “evaluative” statements about President Trump on the three main nightly newscasts — ABC’s “World News Tonight,” “CBS Evening News” and “NBC Nightly News.” Over the summer — June, July and August — 91 percent of such statements have been negative, as opposed to 9 percent positive, the organization has determined. “Analyzing the networks’ spin makes it clear that the goal of all of this heavy coverage is not to promote the President, but to punish him,”"

MSM have gone over the crazy cliff with great willful determination.

Doctors are very well educated.
Politicians and some media folks are not.

True. Political operatives larping as reporters is a big problem.

True. Political operatives larping as reporters is a big problem.

Politicians screwing the American public are far more dangerous than reports will ever be.

Politicians screwing the American public are far more dangerous than reports will ever be.

As disinformation can change policy they are irrevocably tied together.

Back
Top Bottom