• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President Trump fills world leaders with fear: 'It's gone from funny to really scary'

Re: President Trump fills world leaders with fear: 'It's gone from funny to really sc

Simpleχity;1065829238 said:
President Trump fills world leaders with fear: 'It's gone from funny to really scary'

Unsurprisingly, Trump has provided no specifics regarding the foreign policy of a Trump administration. That is because Trump has no foreign policy specifics, just populist rhetoric.

The public-relations company of Trump's top campaign strategist - Paul Manafort - has been listed in the top five lobbying on behalf of human-rights abusers.

ChL_PCXUgAAMIwo.jpg

Considering that in what little Trump has had to say, there is genuine reason why world leaders are nervous. First he has made it clear he will start a trade war. Anyone familiar with Hawly-Smoot will cringe in fear..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot–Hawley_Tariff_Act

Second, Trump has shown no signs that he can get along with anyone. His character of hurling personal insults does not lend itself to diplomacy.

Third, most of his followers are too stupid to realize diplomacy is a good thing, childishly or Merkel calling Putin names is not

Fourth, he hasn't got the first clue about the complications of international affairs, he views everything in life like it's a real estate deal. He is a reactionary with very poor impulse control

Five, he thinks the nuclear triad is a group of people he simply has to replace to make it modern

And then there is the issue with Mexico were he has called THEM out about what is and has been an American made problem. If that and his personal affairs, where he blame everyone else, does not lend itself to peaceful co-existence.

Re: President Trump fills world leaders with fear: 'It's gone from funny to really sc

Continuing sanctions hadn't been able to disable the Iranian efforts before---what makes you think it would do so this time?

And judging by the large number of Iranian backed guerilla groups, terrorists and regimes in the Middle East even before the nuclear deal, it's not like you cou do conceivably freeze them out

Except they did, the sanctions worked. Why do you think Iran was so hellbent on getting out from under them?

So far. It doesn't lend itself well to trusting Iran, when . . .

I think it foolish to trust a nation that is defiant in legally applied UN Security council resolutions, don't you?

This is only one example where it's unwise to trust a foreign nation. Shall we delve into North Korea's behavior? Undoubtedly there are is a long history of nations who've not followed through on international agreements, which is your point that I've just deflated.

That is why the inspections on Iran are so comprehensive. If they cheat we will know and the sanctions will go back. They are not cheating on the agreement and the missiles were not a part of it. They are getting sanctions from that missile test though.

US imposes new sanctions on Iranian firms over ballistic missile test | World news | The Guardian

Remember how the US decided to intervene in Libya? Remember how we had no business there? Remember when NATO bombed the convey of another nations leader? Remember how that lead to the leader being captured, tortured, and killed? I do.

So do other nations trust Hillary or do they think she won't pick a fight with them and kill their leader? Just curious.

That is why the inspections on Iran are so comprehensive. If they cheat we will know and the sanctions will go back. They are not cheating on the agreement and the missiles were not a part of it.

The entire agreement is based on this idea, that if they cheat it'll be detected. I think you sell the innovative capabilities and problem solving of determined humans far too short.

Would you say that the guards in a prison are actively looking for prisoners cheating and fabricating weapons for themselves? Yet many are never detected.

The same will be for Iran and their nuclear capability. It'll be a great surprise to everyone who believes and supports this deal one day, to the cost of everyone.

Continuing sanctions hadn't been able to disable the Iranian efforts before---what makes you think it would do so this time?

And judging by the large number of Iranian backed guerilla groups, terrorists and regimes in the Middle East even before the nuclear deal, it's not like you cou do conceivably freeze them out

Next logical step would be a naval blockade, to prevent illicit materials from entering or exiting the country.

Remember how the US decided to intervene in Libya? Remember how we had no business there? Remember when NATO forced bombed the convey of another nations leader? Remember how that lead to the leader being captured, tortured, and killed? I do.

So do other nations trust Hillary or do they think she won't pick a fight with you and kill your leader? Just curious.

Other leaders should be afraid to threaten and attack their own people, especially dictators. How is that a bad thing?

Other leaders should be afraid to threaten and attack their own people, especially dictators. How is that a bad thing?

How exactly is that our business?

And who gave the US permission to play moral police on the rest of the world?

The entire agreement is based on this idea, that if they cheat it'll be detected. I think you sell the innovative capabilities and problem solving of determined humans far too short.

Would you say that the guards in a prison are actively looking for prisoners cheating and fabricating weapons for themselves? Yet many are never detected.

The same will be for Iran and their nuclear capability. It'll be a great surprise to everyone who believes and supports this deal one day, to the cost of everyone.

So just like global warming you deny the abilities of the world's nuclear scientists to devise methods that would stop Iran from moving forward with a bomb undetected? And even worse you equate a nuclear weapon with a homemade shiv. It is no wonder that so many of us and the rest of the free world sits dumbfounded by this type of foolishness.

Last edited:

How exactly is that our business?

And who gave the US permission to play moral police on the rest of the world?

It is not just the U.S. that has pledged to stop genocides. Why do you deny that the entire world has that responsibility?

Except they did, the sanctions worked. Why do you think Iran was so hellbent on getting out from under them?

Ah, but they continued work on the nuke even though they were under said sanctions. So they may not have liked being sanctioned, but(at least according to some people) they aren't willing to give up the nukes.

Next logical step would be a naval blockade, to prevent illicit materials from entering or exiting the country.

You realize that's technically an act of war, right?

What he meant to say was quarantine.

What he meant to say was quarantine.

That's just a fancy way of saying blockade in practice

Being unpredictable, at least at the onset, is in fact a strong opening negotiation position.

I agree, the media's left wing bias is clearly on display, excoriating Trump, where as Hillary's utter failure in both foreign policy and and foreign policy actions are not covered in the least.

Pretty plain to see for anyone who has their eyes, ears and mind open.

Watching the series "The Americans" about Soviet spies living in 1980s USA. The Russians at the time of Reagan's election thought he was insane. Never hurts to keep em guessing.

Once again we see the cultural difference between the Western and Persian world. Like Asians, they think in generations and like Asians they are inclined toward detailed examinations. What Americans don't understand is that "death to America" has nothing to do with present day America, but is a call right the wrong of the Shah.

The "moderate" leadership saw their window of opportunity in Obama, a war making president who had to somehow regain his Nobel Peace Prize status by suddenly playing nice where no president dared tread before. They knew precisely what he needed and saw to it they offered one of very few choices left after bungles in Benghazi and the results of Arab Spring.

I was once told by a UBC prof on Persian studies that there is very little that happens in the middle east that Iran doesn't know about or is involved in.

I can't stand Trump and won't vote for him. That said, I really don't give a rat's ass what the "world leaders" think. They don't solicit or welcome our opinions on who should be their leaders. Nor should we solicit or welcome theirs.

What ?!

We go in and empower puppet leaders the way crackheads smoke crack.

So just like global warming you deny the abilities of the world's nuclear scientists to devise methods that would stop Iran from moving forward with a bomb undetected? And even worse you equate a nuclear weapon with a homemade shiv. It is no wonder that so many of us and the rest of the free world sits dumbfounded by this type of foolishness.

Try reading what I posted.

I did not 'equate a nuclear weapon with a homemade shiv', I used the making of a homemade shiv as an example of secretive weapons manufacture.

Iran is a much larger place than a prison cell, with many more places for clandestine acts, and a now increasing resources of a now regional power already known to be a bad acting state at its disposal to do so.

Watching the series "The Americans" about Soviet spies living in 1980s USA. The Russians at the time of Reagan's election thought he was insane. Never hurts to keep em guessing.

I would agree.

What ?!

We go in and empower puppet leaders the way crackheads smoke crack.

really

we have a say on who is elected in france? england? russia? italy? china? japan? india?

what WORLD leaders did we empower in the last 25 years?

Try reading what I posted.

I did not 'equate a nuclear weapon with a homemade shiv', I used the making of a homemade shiv as an example of secretive weapons manufacture.

Iran is a much larger place than a prison cell, with many more places for clandestine acts, and a now increasing resources of a now regional power already known to be a bad acting state at its disposal to do so.

So you think the Iranians are going to whittle a bar of soap into a atomic bomb or is it what I first said? That you have no faith in the members of the scientific community who's job is to actually know what it takes to make a nuclear weapon. Good thing the world does not listen to novices like you or we would still be afraid of falling off the edge of the Earth.

Correct. I was thinking of Kennedy's quarantine operation of Cuba during the missile crisis.

Which was a fancy way of saying blockade

So you think the Iranians are going to whittle a bar of soap into a atomic bomb or is it what I first said? That you have no faith in the members of the scientific community who's job is to actually know what it takes to make a nuclear weapon.
Again, you are not reading what I'm saying, and yes, in a nation as large as Iran, you can hide a great many things even from the most scientific.
Good thing the world does not listen to novices like you or we would still be afraid of falling off the edge of the Earth.

You think the world is flat? That's silly. It's a sphere. I thought everyone knew that.

Back
Top Bottom