• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Trump, Democratic lawmakers brace for White House meeting on government shutdown

Not to mention the fact that the media now has the opportunity to "reportedly" push rumors.

You mean by reporting the rumors the President constantly spreads? BTW. Whatever happened to those "10 terrorists" they supposed "caught" at the southern border? Haven't heard anything more on that, have you? Must been just another 'rumor' I guess.

You mean by reporting the rumors the President constantly spreads? BTW. Whatever happened to those "10 terrorists" they supposed "caught" at the southern border? Haven't heard anything more on that, have you? Must been just another 'rumor' I guess.

No, by rumors, I mean the unsubstantiated stuff "reported" by unnamed people who are supposedly "familiar" with some nonsense that's get's reported as "truth".

No, by rumors, I mean the unsubstantiated stuff "reported" by unnamed people who are supposedly "familiar" with some nonsense that's get's reported as "truth".

Oh like whenever the President says; "that a lot people are saying"?

Actually I think besides using the Situation Room as prop. Because cameras are forbidden there Mulvaney would be able to ensure that there wouldn't be any chance of another Oval Office television debacle like the one happened last time Chuck and Nancy came calling and Trump got agitated went off-script and proclaimed to all of America that "he would be proud to shutdown the government".

This.

Most analysts seem to think it was the WH staff that moved the meeting into the situation room just so Trump couldn't pull another surprise "Let's bring the press in!" bonehead move like he did last time.

That's exactly why he should get nothing, unless the Dems extract their pound of flesh. He needs to see pulling-off this shenanigan leaves him in a worst place. For every penny I give him, I'd get two times more. Want more than the $1.3B? Then, cough-up DACA!
This isn't Trump's shutdown, it's the shutdown of Ann 'Crypt Keeper' Coulter's and her pals in right-wing media.

At this point, I'd rather the Dems hold firm on the spending bill Republicans were ready to agree to one week before the shutdown stunt, and let them come out of this with nothing, so they and their nutbag base learn that government ransoms and political stunts from the GOP are not going to be tolerated if the DNC has any leverage.

Trump won't get his wall. The House and Senate will pass a continuing resolution with the bill they already voted on with a veto proof majority. He won't have any say in the matter. That's been known since the beginning. The only one that doesn't appear to comprehend that is Trump.

If they don't do that soon, the Republicans better prepare for a Democratic Grand Slam in 2020.
But more important than party victory is the fact that these repeated shutdowns are damaging to our ability to act in a rational manner. It's almost as if one group of lawmakers has decided to act like depressed teenage girls who cut themselves, and the cutting feels satisfying...
So, for the sake of stopping this nonsense before it goes way too far...From your mouth to God's ear.

Good to see Nancy Pelosi kick trump's ass......He ain't getting a dime for that Bull**** Wall

Oh like whenever the President says; "that a lot people are saying"?

Wow...you got it bad, don't you?

Someone talks about the media and all you can think of is Trump.

He owns your brain, dude. I wouldn't be surprised if he charges YOU rent. LOL!!

So says a trump cultist......He still ain't getting a wall...Move on...If you can

He doesn't own my brain. That's for sure. Yours however is definitely at risk since you don't seem to be able to see through all the lies and BS that comes out of this President's mouth everyday.

To the people that say Trump would pay for the Wall FIRST here is a video of Candidate Trump in a Televised Town Hall where he tells Hannity Mexico would not be writing a check. He says Mexico would pay by taxes and by other means pay attention to 5:00 on.

This.

Most analysts seem to think it was the WH staff that moved the meeting into the situation room just so Trump couldn't pull another surprise "Let's bring the press in!" bonehead move like he did last time.

Too bad Mulvaney couldn't do anything about that weird-ass cabinet meeting they held today with the President going a meandering incoherent rant for about an hour and a half with everyone seated there trying their best to keep a straight face while the President publicly indulges his lunatic fantasies. Did you see that Game of Thrones like blowup poster of him there with words "the Sanctions are Coming!" emblazoned on it being displayed prominently in the middle of the table in front of him? WTF is up with that?

Too bad Mulvaney couldn't do anything about that weird-ass cabinet meeting they held today with the President going a meandering incoherent rant for about an hour and a half with everyone seated there trying their best to keep a straight face while the President publicly indulges his lunatic fantasies. Did you see that Game of Thrones like blowup poster of him there with words "the Sanctions are Coming!" emblazoned on it being displayed prominently in the middle of the table in front of him? WTF is up with that?

I watched the madness for less than two minutes; then I switched it off and wished I had time to take a shower. Couldn't stomach another minute of that pathetic spectacle.

How many Democrats voted for it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Who was in the majority? Obviously a lot of Republicans didn't vote for it either with that kind of margin.

Source: (USA Today) President Trump, Democratic lawmakers brace for White House meeting on government shutdown

I think it's interesting that the White House is not calling this a "negotiation" meeting, but rather a "border security briefing for congressional leadership". And it's being held in the Situation Room, of all places.

Please excuse my skepticism, but after the last Trump-Pelosi-Schumer meeting, I'm a bit suspicions this "information session" will be a reality-show infomercial. Let's hope not.

So will it be a stunt? A substantive discussion? What will come out of it?

We shall see ...

I don’t know. In the last meeting Trump publicly took credit for the shutdown. So I thought that went pretty well. I hope Trump is stupid enough to make this meeting public as well. :)

I watched the madness for less than two minutes; then I switched it off and wished I had time to take a shower. Couldn't stomach another minute of that pathetic spectacle.

He went total crazytown. Like a pinball machine lighting up as the ball in his head meandered around his brain careening off random synapses. Unwatchable.

Just long enough to catch Whitaker give the obligatory act of fealty opening scripted speech of praise for our fearless all knowing and wise leader then. Poor Pence had had to lower himself to that so many times before that he now apparently has so little self respect and pride left that he can barely speak anymore.

This isn't Trump's shutdown, it's the shutdown of Ann 'Crypt Keeper' Coulter's and her pals in right-wing media.

At this point, I'd rather the Dems hold firm on the spending bill Republicans were ready to agree to one week before the shutdown stunt, and let them come out of this with nothing, so they and their nutbag base learn that government ransoms and political stunts from the GOP are not going to be tolerated if the DNC has any leverage.
Yep. Shut him out, or extract their pound of flesh. Ask for DACA & a Mueller Protection Bill, in exchange. Leave it up to him.

I guess we'll just call this impasse', "Trump's last stand".

Trump has backed himself in a corner, how he gets out of this will be interesting to watch, my guess he will lie as usial.

Trump has backed himself in a corner, how he gets out of this will be interesting to watch, my guess he will lie as usial.
The only lies that will get him out, are lies to his base. Nancy Pelosi doesn't look like she's falling for it. And to all those that thought Pelosi was the wrong choice for speaker? Wrong! She's the exact choice needed at this time. She's been here, before.

He went total crazytown. Like a pinball machine lighting up as the ball in his head meandered around his brain careening off random synapses. Unwatchable.
People that have narcissistic related mental disorders, often will ramble on and on, incoherently wondering from one irrational statement to another, never making a lick of sense.

What's most disturbing is that 43% of the country isn't able to see it.

If they don't do that soon, the Republicans better prepare for a Democratic Grand Slam in 2020.
But more important than party victory is the fact that these repeated shutdowns are damaging to our ability to act in a rational manner. It's almost as if one group of lawmakers has decided to act like depressed teenage girls who cut themselves, and the cutting feels satisfying...
So, for the sake of stopping this nonsense before it goes way too far...From your mouth to God's ear.
This is the best reason to stand-up hard & strong against Trump. When he gets away with something, he becomes emboldened.

Back
Top Bottom