• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Trump and first lady Melania Trump make surprise visit to Iraq

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
President Donald Trump and the first lady quietly swept into Iraq Wednesday to pay a holiday visit to US troops, at last making good on the President's promise to travel to one of the war zones he has derided as costly blunders.

After seeing the American war effort at close range for the first time, the President remained adamant that the days of broad-scale US involvement overseas had ended. He used his nighttime appearance at an air base west of Baghdad to reinforce his skeptical view of wading into foreign conflicts.

"If they want us to do the fighting, they also have to pay a price," Trump said at the Al Asad Air Base, where he landed after dark with his wife, Melania Trump. "Sometimes that's also a monetary price, so we're not the suckers of the world. We're no longer the suckers, folks. And people aren't looking at us as suckers."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/politics/donald-trump-iraq-visit/index.html

Trump continues to Amaze.

:applaud

I saw this on NPR. The communists were wanting to downplay it by comparing His trip to the ones Bumbling Barry made.

He needed some good coverage after all his tweeting and the market plunge.

Airforce one flew with all its lights off.
SOP flying in. Every time I flew in an L10-11 we were required to turn off cabin lights and close all the window shades. Gives the nighttime appearance of a standard cargo aircraft and not a troop transport.

What is amazing is that it took him two years to finally visit some of our troops.

I agree. Definitely something he should have done sooner. I'm glad he made the trip, it's something the troops always appreciate, regardless of who is President.

What is amazing is that it took him two years to finally visit some of our troops.

I’m quite certain he has spoken to many US Marines guarding the White House grounds.

This quote perked my interest:

"The United States cannot continue to be the policeman of the world," Trump said. "We are spread out all over the world. We are in countries most people haven't even heard about. Frankly, it's ridiculous."

It seems many liberals have taken a reverse course and actually do want the United States to be the policeman of the world. It seems they adopt whatever positions suites them politically.

Africa - yes we should be policemen
Iraq - No we should not be policemen
Syria - No, but yes when Trump announced he was pulling out.

I’m quite certain he has spoken to many US Marines guarding the White House grounds.

What does that have to do with visiting our troops in the Middle East?

Biggest rally of the stock market ever. POTUS and FLOTUS made a surprise trip to see our troops in Iraq.
Winning day.

He so rarely does presidential things, it's amazing when it happens.

You know he was getting frustrated at all the bad press he was getting for blowing off the veterans for the past couple of months.

May today be the start of a long run of him acting truly presidentially. Hey, may today the start of him acting presidentially for at least a week solid, and then let's see what options open up for him. So far his record is less than four days. If he could make it five, his approval numbers would probably get a big bump.

It really would be amazing. That would be the talk of all the media outlets.

For all to see. He prolly speaks the His Marines he chooses to have on the White House grounds.

Trump is a *****; this is how he should have gone in:

:lamo

I saw this on NPR. The communists were wanting to downplay it by comparing His trip to the ones Bumbling Barry made.

Still, they were better than Dumb Dumb Donald's.

At least Obama didn't pull a Trump by standing on stage, in public, in Helsinki, saying he would rather put his trust in Putin than the American Intelligence community. Luckily the enemy in Iraq has brown skin, so no danger of Trump standing against the USA this time.

Last edited:
the man is a disgusting pig. All he talked about was how heroic he was because he flew without light.

Just a deplorable human.
YOUR response...vs

181226150444-04-trump-in-iraq-1226-exlarge-169.jpg

One of those responses is pretty ****ed up.

Our willingness to fight is not dependent on others' willingness to pay. I agree Nato members need to start pulling their weight but that part's not a morale speech.

Last edited:
Trump continues to Amaze.

What a sad commentary that for this POTUS, actually getting off the golf course and visiting troops is an "amazing" accomplishment. SMH.

Our willingness to fight is not dependent on others' willingness to pay. I get that Nato members need to start pulling their weight but that part's not a morale speech.

WE set up the world order the way it is to benefit us. And guess what, it benefits us!

Such ignorance from Trump to his dolts. It's mind blowing.

Dumb ****s. I agree.
YESSSSSS....there it is. Let your true feelings about the military shine through.....

I actually respect you for that more than the other leftists that lie in their pretense of concern over the military.

YESSSSSS....there it is. Let your true feelings about the military shine through.....

I actually respect you for that more than the other leftists that lie in their pretense of concern over the military.

I feel for the kids... but the truth is, they don't know there ass from their elbow, generally speaking

like you....

Back
Top Bottom