• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Trump and first lady Melania Trump make surprise visit to Iraq

Well, at least the soldiers are enjoying the 10% pay raise they got from Trump...

He sure does. Let’s see. First he ticks off the leader of Iraq and their law making body by not adhering to normal diplomatic protocol and was not able to even come to an agreement as to where, how, and when to meet. Now they’re angry claiming that he violated their sovereignty. Which Trump is supposedly a big fan of and now they want us out of Iraq.

Then he turns what should be an uplifting, supportive, morale boosting speech into one of his branded political rallies. Replete with all the usual rants. Even lied to the troops about giving them a raise he didn’t give them. Reveals to the entire world that SEAL Team 5 has been ‘secretly’ deployed to Iraq and shows all of their faces in a Twitter video tweet so now if any of them should happen to get captured they can now be easily identified as being SEALs.

And perhaps even managed to violate the Hatch Act along the way. All in just one trip! Even when he tries to do or is set up to do the right thing. He still manages to somehow royally **** it all up. It truly is amazing.

He sure does. Let’s see. First he ticks off the leader of Iraq and their law making body by not adhering to normal diplomatic protocol and was not able to even come to an agreement as to where, how, and when to meet. Now they’re angry claiming that he violated their sovereignty. Which Trump is supposedly a big fan of and now they want us out of Iraq.

Then he turns what should be an uplifting, supportive, morale boosting speech into one of his branded political rallies. Replete with all the usual rants. Even lied to the troops about giving them a raise he didn’t give them. Reveals to the entire world that SEAL Team 5 has been ‘secretly’ deployed to Iraq and shows all of their faces in a Twitter video tweet so now if any of them should happen to get captured they can now be easily identified as being SEALs.

And perhaps even managed to violate the Hatch Act along the way. All in just one trip! Even when he tries to do or is set up to do the right thing. He still manages to somehow royally **** it all up. It truly is amazing.

And all for a whole three hour visit! Still, it got him out of the WH where he was trapped and alone...

I am a Truth Teller.

That means that I mean what I say, and that I say what I mean.

Any Questions?
Trump sees an article that says he's the first president in decades to not visit the troops around the holidays. So he hops out to Iraq and does the minimum, and does it badly to boot. (The Trump administration has lost any remaining competent people who could have told them to, hey, clear it with the country you're traveling to before you just show the **** up)

And while he's doing the bare minimum, he decides that lying to the troops, straight to their faces, is a good plan.

Yes, Trump indeed does continue to amaze, OP.

I thank him for finally making the journey. And yes I understand and agree he should have done it a lot sooner.

You’re applauding him for acting presidential (doing his job) after TWO years? Jeez the bar is so insanely low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Next they'll give him praise for cleaning the table after he's done eating. gomer.gif

Really, they'll do that.

Back
Top Bottom