• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President Schwarzenegger

Loxd4

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Yep, I found I way that Anrold Schwarzenegger can become President of the Untied States, and it is Constitutional.

Article II

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President.

In case of the removal of the President from office, or of his death, resignation, or inability to discharge the powers and duties of the said office, the same shall devolve on the Vice President.

Well, all the second article say is that he can't run for President of the Unitied States. But there are loop hole throght our goverment, so here is one. He can run as Vice President and get elected, and something happen to the President like resignatin. He become President with out breaking any laws because he wasn't vote as President.

See it can happen all you Schwarzenegger fannns out there....:cool:

naw.......they can keep his @ss in CA.

cherokee said:
naw.......they can keep his @ss in CA.

What I was trying to do is point out a flaw in our government about the Constitutional.

Loxd4 said:
What I was trying to do is point out a flaw in our government about the Constitutional.

no problem...wasnt directed at you..

Just the bottom line

"See it can happen all you Schwarzenegger fannns out there."

Loxd4 said:
Yep, I found I way that Anrold Schwarzenegger can become President of the Untied States, and it is Constitutional.

Article II

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President.

In case of the removal of the President from office, or of his death, resignation, or inability to discharge the powers and duties of the said office, the same shall devolve on the Vice President.

Well, all the second article say is that he can't run for President of the Unitied States. But there are loop hole throght our goverment, so here is one. He can run as Vice President and get elected, and something happen to the President like resignatin. He become President with out breaking any laws because he wasn't vote as President.

See it can happen all you Schwarzenegger fannns out there....:cool:

It says no one except a natural born citizen "shall be eligible to the office of President." I don't see where you get the impression that it only means he can't be elected...

Also, according to Amendment 12: "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

If the next person in the line of succession is ineligible to be president, he's simply passed over. So if Arnold Schwarzenegger was Speaker of the House and both the President and VP were dead, it would simply go to the President Pro Tempore of the Senate.

Kandahar said:
It says no one except a natural born citizen "shall be eligible to the office of President." I don't see where you get the impression that it only means he can't be elected...

Also, according to Amendment 12: "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

If the next person in the line of succession is ineligible to be president, he's simply passed over. So if Arnold Schwarzenegger was Speaker of the House and both the President and VP were dead, it would simply go to the President Pro Tempore of the Senate.

All i trying to say it that a non-natural born citizen cant be elected into the office but if an non-natural born citizen can run as Vice President and if the President die then the Vice President becomes President...nowere in the constitution say this can't happen...

Loxd4 said:
All i trying to say it that a non-natural born citizen cant be elected into the office but if an non-natural born citizen can run as Vice President and if the President die then the Vice President becomes President...nowere in the constitution say this can't happen...
I think you missed this sentence...

Governor Running Man can NEVER run for VP...The back door is locked...

Loxd4 said:

Umm yes, it does. And if you had read my last post, you'd see that I pointed out exactly where it says that.

Back
Top Bottom