• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President Obama's Real Record: The Facts

His link was to bloomberg.com

And the authors are non-partisan and produced their original research paper in 2009, so obviously not an attempt to cover for Obama in any sense.

Wow, now that is funny. since when did a liberal or anyone who relies on the massive central govt. ever promote the DOW Jones as a success? Thought liberals believed the rich were getting too rich and were for the poor person?

Absolutely amazing how you pick a point in time and use that point to justify your position. . Bush took office with a 10 trillion dollar GDP that was 14.4 trillion when he left or 4.4 trillion. That GDP today is 17 trillion dollars or a 2.6 trillion dollar increase yet that is success to you?

When the recession began there were 146.2 million Americans working and the debt was 10.6 trillion. Today(7 years later) there are 147.2 million working Americans and the debt is 18.2 trillion dollars. Is that a success to liberals like you?

When Bush left office the debt was 60% of the yearly GDP, it now exceeds our yearly GDP, is that a success to you?

Seems that the electorate doesn't agree with you or how do you explain the massive Democrat defeat in November? Could it be that the numbers you post aren't in context and the majority in this country aren't benefiting from the Obama economy?

What is it about liberals who have such low expectations?

Wah, wah, wah.... read 'em and weap.

It is what it is.

I KNOW that has you gnashing your teeth. :2bigcry:

I do so humbly apologize for taking pleasure in that. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, and Happy New Year too. Go Packers! :peace

Wah, wah, wah.... read 'em and weap.

It is what it is.

I KNOW that has you gnashing your teeth. :2bigcry:

I do so humbly apologize for taking pleasure in that. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, and Happy New Year too. Go Packers! :peace

How do you explain then with such great numbers why the Democrats lost control of Congress and why Obama's JAR is so low? Numbers out of context certainly aren't selling the American people and the 17 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers.

How do you explain then with such great numbers why the Democrats lost control of Congress and why Obama's JAR is so low? Numbers out of context certainly aren't selling the American people and the 17 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers.

Who won the popular vote?
If i recall correctly you used to be touting a "20 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers" and perhaps maybe even 23 million?

If i recall correctly you used to be touting a "20 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers" and perhaps maybe even 23 million?

What are you talking about, everyone in Congress is elected by popular vote. You got your asses handed to you with a thanks "please get out of town" note attached. Republicans also run more state houses and governorship now. Thanks Obama.

What popular vote? Presidential Elections are based upon total popular vote although Congressional elections are based upon popular vote

Obama lost 4 million votes in the last Presidential election and now has a JAR of around 42% meaning he has lost over 10% of his 2008 support, why? You people seem so concerned about people so if so why aren't you concerned about the millions of unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers? Why aren't you concerned about healthcare costs going up and an over bearing Federal Govt. that is raising insurmountable debt? Please tell me why Obama lost the Congress this last election since the numbers posted here are touted as a big success?

There is a disconnect here between the majority in this country and what the minority like you think.

What are you talking about, everyone in Congress is elected by popular vote. You got your asses handed to you with a thanks "please get out of town" note attached. Republicans also run more state houses and governorship now. Thanks Obama.

What popular vote? Presidential Elections are based upon total popular vote although Congressional elections are based upon popular vote
There is a disconnect here between the majority in this country and what the minority like you think.

The Senate's 46 Democrats got 20 million more votes than its 54 Republicans - Vox
Republicans Got Only 52 Percent of the Vote in House Races | The Nation

Which proves exactly what? Who controls the Congress and what is it about liberalism that creates people like you? How many Democrats ran unopposed and how would that affect the total votes? To tout a number like this is desperation on your part, still trying to give liberalism some credibility. The actual results that affect people you claim to care about destroys what little credibility you have left. It does seem that social programs trump economic issues in your world for that has to be the only reason you continue to support Obama and his liberal policies.

Which proves exactly what? Who controls the Congress and what is it about liberalism that creates people like you? How many Democrats ran unopposed and how would that affect the total votes? To tout a number like this is desperation on your part, still trying to give liberalism some credibility. The actual results that affect people you claim to care about destroys what little credibility you have left. It does seem that social programs trump economic issues in your world for that has to be the only reason you continue to support Obama and his liberal policies.

Bla bla bla bla...Function of the senate(small states=big states) and Gerrymandering are giving the GOP their "majority" when in reality they don't.
Kansas... and what is it about conservatism that creates people like you?

Bla bla bla bla...Function of the senate(small states=big states) and Gerrymandering are giving the GOP their "majority" when in reality they don't.
Kansas... and what is it about conservatism that creates people like you?

Oh, Good Lord, Democrats controlled the House for decades and of course there was no Gerrymandering then, right? You believe all people are robots like you who vote for a Democrat regardless of their position on the issues and doing what is right for the country? I do want to thank Obama for helping to destroy the liberal wing of the Democrat Party with his economic results that don't provide promised results to the people liberals claim to care about

What creates people like me is 35 years in the business world actually earning an income to raise a family and not giving lip service to social problems without ever solving them. You see, I learned personal responsibility and never expected a federal bureaucrat to solve them for me. What creates people like me is an understanding of basic civics and the role of the Federal Govt. It appears you have no understanding of either.

Oh, Good Lord, Democrats controlled the House for decades and of course there was no Gerrymandering then, right? You believe all people are robots like you who vote for a Democrat regardless of their position on the issues and doing what is right for the country? I do want to thank Obama for helping to destroy the liberal wing of the Democrat Party with his economic results that don't provide promised results to the people liberals claim to care about

What creates people like me is 35 years in the business world actually earning an income to raise a family and not giving lip service to social problems without ever solving them. You see, I learned personal responsibility and never expected a federal bureaucrat to solve them for me. What creates people like me is an understanding of basic civics and the role of the Federal Govt. It appears you have no understanding of either.

See you're the ****er who doesn't care about Gerrymandering as long as it helps his party. I want lines drawn via computer program.
Tell me, how's Kansas--the conservative utopia doing?

See you're the ****er who doesn't care about Gerrymandering as long as it helps his party. I want lines drawn via computer program.
Tell me, how's Kansas--the conservative utopia doing?

I am willing to accept the fact that people aren't robots and regardless of the lines will generally vote for individuals that support their point of view. Gerrymandering to me is overrated especially today in the era of the 24/7 news cycles but then again you are looking for excuses for failure. Do you always blame someone else for the poor choices you make?

I am willing to accept the fact that people aren't robots and regardless of the lines will generally vote for individuals that support their point of view. Gerrymandering to me is overrated especially today in the era of the 24/7 news cycles but then again you are looking for excuses for failure. Do you always blame someone else for the poor choices you make?

Do you always make stupid accusations? Yes, yes you do...oh and what about the conservative utopia Kansas?

Do you always make stupid accusations? Yes, yes you do...oh and what about the conservative utopia Kansas?

I don't live in Kansas but do believe the people of Kansas are more capable of making their own decisions on their leadership and policies vs. a bureaucrat in D.C. The Conservative utopia of TX seems to be working quite well as it leads the nation in population growth, is near the top in job creation as millions of Americans continue to move here for opportunity. guess they just don't see that liberal utopia that people like you tout with your rhetoric even though not with your results.

All those votes and they still lost.

That's the point you blathering partisan... I want proper representation of the people, not just my "party" or your "party". So much for democracy, and so much for you being American.

That's the point you blathering partisan... I want proper representation of the people, not just my "party" or your "party". So much for democracy, and so much for you being American.

So you want this country to be more like NY or California but not like TX? Do you understand that one size doesn't always fit all? Do you understand that the people in small states deserve Federal Recognition as well? The problem with people like you is that you bought the liberal spin of a massive central govt and not individual states with their own responsibilities and leadership. Why is that? For some reason you believe that a politician in D.C. has the answers for you in your state and local communities. Just goes to show that neither history nor civics were strong programs for you. our Founders believed in a small limited, PART TIME LEGISLATURE close to the people. You couldn't be more opposite than your Founders.

All those votes and they still lost.

All due to gerrymandering and you are proud of that? Some "American". Gerrymandering is a stain on our democratic republic. What goes around comes around.

I don't live in Kansas but do believe the people of Kansas are more capable of making their own decisions on their leadership and policies vs. a bureaucrat in D.C. The Conservative utopia of TX seems to be working quite well as it leads the nation in population growth, is near the top in job creation as millions of Americans continue to move here for opportunity. guess they just don't see that liberal utopia that people like you tout with your rhetoric even though not with your results.

The Texas economy has nothing to do with politics. Pumping billions of dollars out of the ground does not make Texas anything but a failed State with a ticking clock. It has some of the lowest wages and poorest education and healthcare statistics in the US. I wish you would stop the BS.

Last edited:
All due to gerrymandering and you are proud of that? Some "American". Gerrymandering is a stain on our democratic republic. What goes around comes around.

I don't recall Gerrymandering being a problem the decades the Democrats did it but I do find it interesting how liberals like you define people, put them in a box, and then never give them credit for doing what is right for them, voting for the opposite party that you support. You always have to make excuses for your own failures and those of your party blaming gerrymandering for your loss, not failed ideas, policies and results.

The Texas economy has nothing to do with politics. Pumping billions of dollars out of the ground does not make Texas anything but a failed State with a ticking clock. It has some of the lowest wages and poorest education and healthcare statistics in the US. I wish you would stop the BS.

LOL, Guess you ought to tell that to the many non oil companies that have moved to TX bringing jobs with them. You stereotype a lot to cover up your own ignorance of reality. The TX economy has become very diverse as more and more companies take advantage of the freedoms and opportunities in this state. Some things will never change with the major one being liberal ignorance and arrogance.

You see, being poor by your standards hasn't stopped people from moving here. Having no insurance is a personal choice, something you will never understand except when it comes to murdering the unborn or other issues you care about.

I really wish you would stop with the arrogance and believing everything you read from the left. Too bad but a mind is a terrible thing to waste. This country was built on freedom of choice and personal responsibility. You prefer someone else, a politician in D.C. take that responsibility from you. there is a reason Obama lost TX by 3 million votes. figure it out and get back to me.

LOL, Guess you ought to tell that to the many non oil companies that have moved to TX bringing jobs with them. You stereotype a lot to cover up your own ignorance of reality. The TX economy has become very diverse as more and more companies take advantage of the freedoms and opportunities in this state. Some things will never change with the major one being liberal ignorance and arrogance.

You see, being poor by your standards hasn't stopped people from moving here. Having no insurance is a personal choice, something you will never understand except when it comes to murdering the unborn or other issues you care about.

I really wish you would stop with the arrogance and believing everything you read from the left. Too bad but a mind is a terrible thing to waste. This country was built on freedom of choice and personal responsibility. You prefer someone else, a politician in D.C. take that responsibility from you. there is a reason Obama lost TX by 3 million votes. figure it out and get back to me.

There's a reason Kansas is a **** hole..Conservative policies

I don't recall Gerrymandering being a problem the decades the Democrats did it but I do find it interesting how liberals like you define people, put them in a box, and then never give them credit for doing what is right for them, voting for the opposite party that you support. You always have to make excuses for your own failures and those of your party blaming gerrymandering for your loss, not failed ideas, policies and results.

You can squawk all you want but being the fastest growing nation in the free world is NOT a result of failed policies and the GOP is in big trouble come 2016.

Back
Top Bottom