• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Obama Re-Writes Declaration of Independence to Leave Out "Creator"

:D:D:D:D:D

So whats this thread all about?

Why Obama has omitted the following RED text below 3 times when reading parts of the Declaration of Independence in public:

Declaration of Independence said:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

He's got something against "by their Creator" apparently.

Last edited:
So is he a Muslim or is he an atheist? Or does the fact that he's a cactus somehow allow him to be both?

So is he a Muslim or is he an atheist? Or does the fact that he's a cactus somehow allow him to be both?

I tend to lean towards the cactus option... or maybe he just has a really faulty memory and that part keeps slipping away from him.

Succulents are known for their memory issues...

You could argue that the word "endow" acknowledges God, not that this issue matters at all anyway, after all who can endow man with anything but God?

You could argue that the word "endow" acknowledges God, not that this issue matters at all anyway, after all who can endow man with anything but God?

You could easily answer that question with what as opposed to who. What being evolution.

You could easily answer that question with what as opposed to who. What being evolution.

Ya but endowed implies a deliberate action on the part of a conscious being, at least in my opinion. But ya you could argue your point too.

Ya but endowed implies a deliberate action on the part of a conscious being, at least in my opinion. But ya you could argue your point too.

Personally, I don't really care, but I can see the argument going both ways. Personally, I think it is both since I am not a young earther.

Is Hussein Obama rewriting our most sacred document?

President Obama Re-Writes Declaration of Independence to Leave Out "Creator"

President Omits Creator

Why is it that you right-wingers are always so desperate that you grasp at silly fringe arguments like these rather than talk about the issues? Oops....perhaps its because when you talk about the issues you lose because you are out of step with the vast majority of America.

The vast majority of America believes in a Creator that endowed them with rights. Who's out of touch?

The vast majority of America believes in a Creator that endowed them with rights. Who's out of touch?

Those who actually believe the propoganda that Obama is trying to take God out of America.....its just silly and grasping for straws because they lose on the real issues.

Those who actually believe the propoganda that Obama is trying to take God out of America.....its just silly and grasping for straws because they lose on the real issues.

Hm.. so in your opinion why is Obama ommitting "by their Creator" when that text has been there since the founding of this nation?

Who programmed the teleprompter?

Who programmed the teleprompter?

That's actually a good point - this may not be Obama's fault at all. In the OP link - it identifies he paused during one of these and frowned a little. It may be that he knew that part was missing but instead of adding it back in he just read what was there. I've had the assumption that he's conciously been removing it - but maybe it's the direct opposite. Maybe he knew it was there but when he read it, it's missing and it wasn't concious at all.

Hm.. so in your opinion why is Obama ommitting "by their Creator" when that text has been there since the founding of this nation?

That's like trying to argue that unless a President ends his speech with "God Bless America" or doesn't wear a US Flag lapel pin made in China that they are anti-religion and hate America. Its just ridiculous BS propoganda and really not worthy of a response.

This is about as worthy of a story as the one about meg whitman messing up her twitter feed.

That's like trying to argue that unless a President ends his speech with "God Bless America" or doesn't wear a US Flag lapel pin made in China that they are anti-religion and hate America. Its just ridiculous BS propoganda and really not worthy of a response.

So you're saying it didn't happen then?

Back
Top Bottom