• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Obama Re-Writes Declaration of Independence to Leave Out "Creator"

Why is it that you right-wingers are always so desperate that you grasp at silly fringe arguments like these rather than talk about the issues? Oops....perhaps its because when you talk about the issues you lose because you are out of step with the vast majority of America.

The Dems are in control of the direction of this country...

Direction of Country
NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll conducted by the polling organizations of Peter Hart (D) and Bill McInturff (R). Oct. 14-18, 2010. N=1,000 registered voters nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.1.
RV = registered voters. LV = likely voters. Except where noted, results below are among all adults.

"All in all, do you think things in the nation are generally headed in the right direction, or do you feel that things are off on the wrong track?"

Right direction 32%
Wrong track 59%

Ipsos/Reuters Poll conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs. Oct. 7-11, 2010. N=1,038 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3. 6/10 & earlier: Ipsos/McClatchy Poll.

"Generally speaking, would you say things in this country are heading in the right direction, or are they off on the wrong track?"

Right direction 31%
Wrong track 63%

If the GOP are the ones out of touch with America, why do the vast majority of Americans think the Dems have us on the wrong track?

Last edited:
So you're saying it didn't happen then?

No I'm not saying that it didn't happen, what I am saying is that it is stupid and people grasping for issues that aren't there. Its the silly "gotcha" politics that are playing on both sides of the aisle, whether its "Oh he portrays a Nazi in war re-enactments, so he's obviously a Nazi sympathizer" or "Obama hates religion because he didn't say the creator"....its politics at its slimiest level...and frankly, just silly.

The Dems are in control of the direction of this country...

Direction of Country
NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll conducted by the polling organizations of Peter Hart (D) and Bill McInturff (R). Oct. 14-18, 2010. N=1,000 registered voters nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.1.
RV = registered voters. LV = likely voters. Except where noted, results below are among all adults.

"All in all, do you think things in the nation are generally headed in the right direction, or do you feel that things are off on the wrong track?"

Right direction 32%
Wrong track 59%

Ipsos/Reuters Poll conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs. Oct. 7-11, 2010. N=1,038 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3. 6/10 & earlier: Ipsos/McClatchy Poll.

"Generally speaking, would you say things in this country are heading in the right direction, or are they off on the wrong track?"

Right direction 31%
Wrong track 63%

If the GOP are the ones out of touch with America, why do the vast majority of Americans think the Dems have us on the wrong track?

That particular polling question doesn't really address the issues at all....it is a generic question that usually reflects how the society feels about how this country is going economically...so I would say it is really not representative of this particular debate.

This has got to be one of the more useless threads I've seen here in a while.

Actually, he said nothing at all like that. Honesty in debate = good.

He dismissed it as propoganda. How is it "nothing at all like that" again? Are you claiming I'm being dishonest?

No I'm not saying that it didn't happen, what I am saying is that it is stupid and people grasping for issues that aren't there. Its the silly "gotcha" politics that are playing on both sides of the aisle, whether its "Oh he portrays a Nazi in war re-enactments, so he's obviously a Nazi sympathizer" or "Obama hates religion because he didn't say the creator"....its politics at its slimiest level...and frankly, just silly.

Ok that I can agree with.

That particular polling question doesn't really address the issues at all....it is a generic question that usually reflects how the society feels about how this country is going economically...so I would say it is really not representative of this particular debate.

Fine.. show me a poll that proves your point... that the GOP is, as you said
when you talk about the issues you lose because you are out of step with the vast majority of America.

He dismissed it as propoganda. How is it "nothing at all like that" again? Are you claiming I'm being dishonest?

There is a large, unsubtle distinction between saying something is propaganda, and saying something did not happen.

There is a large, unsubtle distinction between saying something is propaganda, and saying something did not happen.

It seems DD was able to explain in a much more succinct and clear way than the in-artful response you posted. Next time I'll simply not respond to irrelevant posts and will wait for the person I asked the question of to respond - lesson learned.

Who programmed the teleprompter?

this is one of the most amusing comments on Obama. People who regularly are fed a lie believe Obama is somehow not a good public speaker. Forget that his speaking abilities is what played a great part in his beating the Clinton Machine and teh whole conservative GOP movement...

Fine.. show me a poll that proves your point... that the GOP is, as you said

www. pollingreport.com. Just look at whatever issues you want and then compare the Dem/GOP platform on the issues.

this is one of the most amusing comments on Obama. People who regularly are fed a lie believe Obama is somehow not a good public speaker. Forget that his speaking abilities is what played a great part in his beating the Clinton Machine and teh whole conservative GOP movement...

LiveLeak.com - Obama Loses Track of Teleprompter
YouTube - Obama lost without a teleprompter
Dailymotion - When Obama is Asked Hard Questions Without his Teleprompter - a News & Politics video

These are just 3 examples of how Oabam is a good public speaker WITH a working teleprompter, but utterly lost without it.

www. pollingreport.com. Just look at whatever issues you want and then compare the Dem/GOP platform on the issues.

You asked for it...

Budget/Taxes
Pew Research/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll, sponsored by the Society for Human Resource Management. Sept. 16-19, 2010. N=1,005 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 4.

"Please tell me if you think the REPUBLICAN Party or the DEMOCRATIC Party could do a better job in each of the following areas. First, which party could do a better job of . . . ?"
"Dealing with taxes"
Republican 40%
Democrat 34%

http://www.pollingreport.com/congress.htm#misc
Pew Research/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll, sponsored by the Society for Human Resource Management. Sept. 30-Oct. 3, 2010. N=1,002 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 4.

"Compared to recent Congresses, would you say THIS Congress has accomplished more, accomplished less, or accomplished about the same amount?"
More 20%
Less 36%

Gallup Poll. Sept. 23-26, 2010. N=1,036 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 4.
"Suppose the Republicans win control of Congress in this November's elections. Do you think the country would be better off, worse off, or would it not make any difference?"
Better off 36%
Worse off 24%

Should I continue?

Last edited:

It is anectdotal. Gawd, this is too funny. Evem Obama fiercest critics, the ones not on talk radio, admit Obama is to be envied for his speaking abilities.

Obama has spoekn to thousands of audiences with and without a telepromter. Mostly without. With his speaking ability he beat the crap out of the whole conservative movement in America.

Yet, he constantly claims he hasn't been able to communicate his plans and accomplishments effectively (which is why his speaking ability isn't doing jack to save his party at the moment).

You asked for it...

Budget/Taxes
Pew Research/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll, sponsored by the Society for Human Resource Management. Sept. 16-19, 2010. N=1,005 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 4.

"Please tell me if you think the REPUBLICAN Party or the DEMOCRATIC Party could do a better job in each of the following areas. First, which party could do a better job of . . . ?"
"Dealing with taxes"
Republican 40%
Democrat 34%

Congress
Pew Research/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll, sponsored by the Society for Human Resource Management. Sept. 30-Oct. 3, 2010. N=1,002 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 4.

"Compared to recent Congresses, would you say THIS Congress has accomplished more, accomplished less, or accomplished about the same amount?"
More 20%
Less 36%

"Suppose the Republicans win control of Congress in this November's elections. Do you think the country would be better off, worse off, or would it not make any difference?"
Better off 36%
Worse off 24%

Should I continue?

We all know polls drift back and forth, a snap shot of the present means nothing for the future. BUT the bigger picture is that 40% in your first poll and 36% is hardly a good place to be in. 4 out of 10 isn't a good place to be in.

I'm not sure if you consider yourself more of a Tea Partier, if you consider yourself one at all, or a Republican but if I considered myself a Republican Id be worried about how on our upswing 40% is all we got. Plus on a margin of 4% on each number thats 36-44, and 30-38, its hardly conclusive.

I think the bigger issue is the trend away from both parties.

By the way if you were a Dem and this was their year to "take back" the Congress, I'd be saying the same things if I saw these numbers reversed, what I said isn't a partisan thing.

Obama has spoekn to thousands of audiences with and without a telepromter. Mostly without. With his speaking ability he beat the crap out of the whole conservative movement in America.

"Mostly without"... citation or link please? Do you just make this stuff up constantly or is there a book somewhere that's used as reference?

And pardon but his READING abilities are King - his speaking abilities - not so much especially without teleprompter man. But wait --- this is also anecdotal too right, so let's dismiss it.

Are we really going to argue the teleprompter again? I don't think there is a person alive who could speak as much as Obama, Bush, or any other person who makes a living speaking or does a lot of speaking without producing enough stuttering to make a 4 minute long video.

You asked for it...

Budget/Taxes

"Dealing with taxes"
Republican 40%
Democrat 34%

Congress

More 20%
Less 36%

Better off 36%
Worse off 24%

Should I continue?

Yes....try looking at the actual issues, not just generic barometer questions that don't really measure anything other than the mood of the country.

Obama omits it because he respects America's contemporary pluralism more than its literary traditions.

Of course, the term 'Creator' doesn't necessarily posit the same kind of God posited by evangelical Christians. Indeed, the term is intended to respect America's historical pluralism, in that it chooses a religiously neutral epiphet for God.

Last edited:
Obama omits it because he respects America's contemporary pluralism more than its literary traditions.

Of course, the term 'Creator' doesn't necessarily posit the same kind of God posited by evangelical Christians. Indeed, the term is intended to respect America's historical pluralism, in that it chooses a religiously neutral epiphet for God.

Very much so --- a creator could be a pagan Sun God, the God of Christianity or Zeus, perhaps even Thor. What the founding fathers didn't realize is the rise of people against religion and primarily Christianity would have such power and pull in this country.

Back
Top Bottom