• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Obama Drops a Truth Bomb On Republicans by Exposing The GOP’s Biggest Lie

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
President Obama Drops A Truth Bomb On Republicans By Exposing The GOP's Biggest Lie
President Obama Drops a Truth Bomb On Republicans by Exposing The GOP’s Biggest Lie

“President Obama exposed the lie which is the foundation of all Republican lies while speaking to Democrats in California”

While speaking at a fundraising dinner in San Francisco, President Obama said:
Now, that’s the Senate. Things are even more messed up in the House. And I said when I was in L.A. yesterday, and initially people were surprised — I said that I actually think that Donald Trump and Ted Cruz have done us a favor. People said, well, how so? This notion that Donald Trump or Ted Cruz are outliers and that now suddenly the Republican establishment wants to — they’re embarrassed by them. Why? They’re saying the same things that these members of the Freedom Caucus in the House have been saying for years. In fact, that’s where Trump got it. He said he’d been listening apparently to their positions on immigration…………………

………… The media seized on Obama’s statement that Trump and Cruz are doing Democrats a favor, but the President’s deeper message is that Republicans have been faking their ability and interest in responsible governing for years and that the Republican presidential candidates are shining a bright light on the fact that the Republican Party is built on fraud…………

…………. The great lie that the current Republican Party is built on is that Republicans have any interest in responsible governing. Republicans have zero interest in working with Democrats to get things done. Republicans in the House and Senate claim that they want to govern, but their statements are not true. Actions speak louder than words, and through their actions, Congressional Republicans have shown the American people that they don’t care about doing their jobs.

As his time in office is coming to an end, President Obama is gaining the freedom to be blunt with his statements. President Obama attacked the singular lie that the fraudulent Republican facade of interest in governing was built on.”

ALSO SEE:
Obama plays the Trump card on the GOP - POLITICO

Over recent memory it seemed to me the GOP possessing any power never gave the appearance to me that they knew anything about how to govern or employ statesmanship……………I wondered it I was looking fairly at the problem I saw………. Now it is wonderful to hear the I ain’t crazy………the President agrees and has said so………….Woopy

Re: President Obama Drops a Truth Bomb On Republicans by Exposing The GOP’s Biggest L

I don't see anything new there. Just more rhetoric and lack of accountability Obama is famous for. In other words, he is saying don't blame me.

Re: President Obama Drops a Truth Bomb On Republicans by Exposing The GOP’s Biggest L

I don't see anything new there. Just more rhetoric and lack of accountability Obama is famous for. In other words, he is saying don't blame me.

Wachyareadthere? Didyaevenreasitatall

WELL thank you for stating an unsupported conclusion..............Maybe you can fill in all the reasoning and facts that led you to the conclusion you so graciously states for all the read?

more of the same from the OP poster, post a link to a web site that thrashes the party the poster does not like.

Wachyareadthere? Didyaevenreasitatall

WELL thank you for stating an unsupported conclusion..
............Maybe you can fill in all the reasoning and facts that led you to the conclusion you so graciously states for all the read?

It is supported by his time in office. Blame Bush, blame America, blame Republicans.

It is supported by his time in office. Blame Bush, blame America, blame Republicans.

Just more gibberish..............

You have said noting more that you hear daily on call-in RW radio............ Just empty phrases............ Nothing there my friend...........nothing

BTW

Did you bother to read the news report? Don't be afraid...........it ain't going to give you a case of the cooties ............

Just more gibberish..............

You have said noting more that you hear daily on call-in RW radio............ Just empty phrases............ Nothing there my friend...........nothing

BTW

Did you bother to read the news report? Don't be afraid...........it ain't going to give you a case of the cooties ............

I read it. It is biased garbage that pounds salt up Obamas butt.

…………. The great lie that the current Republican Party is built on is that Republicans have any interest in responsible governing. Republicans have zero interest in working with Democrats to get things done. Republicans in the House and Senate claim that they want to govern, but their statements are not true. Actions speak louder than words, and through their actions, Congressional Republicans have shown the American people that they don’t care about doing their jobs.

Oh oh another oxymoron. By the way, thank god someone is restraining the legislative branch from doing things.

Oh oh another oxymoron. By the way, thank god someone is restraining the legislative branch from doing things.

Like doing what?

Oh yeah.......

Like the past in-control GOP Congress's have become..........

and holds the record for........

.... being the least productive in the history of the country.............

Except passing bills renaming Post Office buildings.......

And surpassing all others for being in session for the fewest days ever............

............like 107 days working as I seem to recall... .......................and giving itself the most vacation days ever.....

You sent GOP clowns to DC to do a full time job and where they get full pay ............. But only work 1/3 of a year.

Yall scream and make a big deal about "waste fraud and abuse" and expect anyone to believe yall are serious when yall are responsible for sending to Congress the laziest gaggle of "do-nothings" ever..............

and are the cause of what you complain about .......

GIVE ME A BREAK...

Last edited:

more of the same from the OP poster, post a link to a web site that thrashes the party the poster does not like.

Indeed. That and a great deal of thread bait.

Oh yeah.......

Like the past in-control GOP Congress's have become..........

and holds the record for........

.... being the least productive in the history of the country.............

Except passing bills renaming Post Office buildings.......

And surpassing all others for being in session for the fewest days ever............

............like 107 days working as I seem to recall... .......................and giving itself the most vacation days ever.....

You sent GOP clowns to DC to do a full time job and where they get full pay ............. But only work 1/3 of a year.

Yall scream and make a big deal about "waste fraud and abuse" and expect anyone to believe yall are serious when yall are responsible for sending to Congress the laziest gaggle of "do-nothings" ever..............

and are the cause of what you complain about .......

GIVE ME A BREAK...

I think everything you said is positive. All hail gridlock.

Like doing what?

Like not legislating.

Like not legislating.

...but of course....... some say their only purpose in coming to Congress was to shut the government........ CHARMING,EH?

...but of course....... some say their only purpose in coming to Congress was to shut the government........ CHARMING,EH?

Stopping or slowing legislation doesn't shut the government. Where did you get that idea?

Stopping or slowing legislation doesn't shut the government. Where did you get that idea?

No one ever said they were political geniuses'

President Obama Drops A Truth Bomb On Republicans By Exposing The GOP's Biggest Lie

“President Obama exposed the lie which is the foundation of all Republican lies while speaking to Democrats in California”

Now, that’s the Senate. Things are even more messed up in the House. And I said when I was in L.A. yesterday, and initially people were surprised — I said that I actually think that Donald Trump and Ted Cruz have done us a favor. People said, well, how so? This notion that Donald Trump or Ted Cruz are outliers and that now suddenly the Republican establishment wants to — they’re embarrassed by them. Why? They’re saying the same things that these members of the Freedom Caucus in the House have been saying for years. In fact, that’s where Trump got it. He said he’d been listening apparently to their positions on immigration…………………

………… The media seized on Obama’s statement that Trump and Cruz are doing Democrats a favor, but the President’s deeper message is that Republicans have been faking their ability and interest in responsible governing for years and that the Republican presidential candidates are shining a bright light on the fact that the Republican Party is built on fraud…………

As his time in office is coming to an end, President Obama is gaining the freedom to be blunt with his statements. President Obama attacked the singular lie that the fraudulent Republican facade of interest in governing was built on.”

ALSO SEE:

Over recent memory it seemed to me the GOP possessing any power never gave the appearance to me that they knew anything about how to govern or employ statesmanship……………I wondered it I was looking fairly at the problem I saw………. Now it is wonderful to hear the I ain’t crazy………the President agrees and has said so………….Woopy

A politician says something critical of the other party. In other news, a bear took a **** in the woods.

A politician says something critical of the other party. In other news, a bear took a **** in the woods.

sure, sure............

But in this case I am not a politician and I don't live in bear country.............

The insight I shared is ......since Reagan's first term the GOP has shown a complete lack of leadership and/or governance.........

Don't believe me?

List the accomplishments of the GOP when in control (either partial or complete) suggesting they even knew how to spell governance !

Now please don't tell me or list as "leadership/governance" their "cure all for all problems .............no matter what the problem is.......TAX CUTS...... or STARTING WARS...........

Now get a snapping there

ALSO SEE:

LOL!!

Leave it to Obama to come up with his typical pretzel logic to avoid admission of his own record on obstructing and dismissing Congressional Republicans for almost 8 years and try to blame the Republicans for his own failings.

Move on, folks...nothing new to see here.

sure, sure............

But in this case I am not a politician and I don't live in bear country.............

The insight I shared is ......since Reagan's first term the GOP has shown a complete lack of leadership and/or governance.........

Don't believe me?

List the accomplishments of the GOP when in control (either partial or complete) suggesting they even knew how to spell governance !

Now please don't tell me or list as "leadership/governance" their "cure all for all problems .............no matter what the problem is.......TAX CUTS...... or STARTING WARS...........

Now get a snapping there

And how would you define governance, then? I could list until the cows finally come home, but it wouldn't matter if you don't consider it governance

LOL!!

Leave it to Obama to come up with his typical pretzel logic to avoid admission of his own record on obstructing and dismissing Congressional Republicans for almost 8 years and try to blame the Republicans for his own failings.

Move on, folks...nothing new to see here.

Do you have anything factual to add to your unsupported opinion? And also correcting your historically in accurate statements?

Do you have anything factual to add to your unsupported opinion? And also correcting your historically in accurate statements?

Spare me your blather.

If you dispute my opinion, make your case. Otherwise, don't waste my time.

And how would you define governance, then? I could list until the cows finally come home, but it wouldn't matter if you don't consider it governance

Look the word up in the dictionary..........and then with your command of the GOP for the past 20+ years............cite examples of how the GOP acted in meeting the definition of the word......

Is that helpful?

BTW

If you find any examples (from a reliable and respect source) there will be am a assessment of the actions taken............. I am willing to accept that as the final word.......

If you have followed my posts you would know I do not play that childish game of.........."NO IT"S NOT..." "YES IT IS.."

Last edited:

Hmm. Sometimes I think that shutting down the government really is the best idea. But it's really of no matter.

Any government employee that's deemed 'essential' (as if there is such a thing, I'm not so certain), is exempt from the shutdown, and remains working and collecting their pay checks same as normal. Others deemed non-essential are sent home, and then receives their full pay for the shutdown period after the government starts up again.

:shrug:

So I fail to see the big deal in shutting down the government. It smells more like a great big political ploy to sway the electorate to one side or the other, at least the ill-informed, low information voters of the electorate anyway.

Spare me your blather.

If you dispute my opinion, make your case. Otherwise, don't waste my time.

Sorry friend.......... One can't argue a false and/or incorrect proposition.............Don't you know that...........Or was it meant as a trick question ?

Back
Top Bottom