• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Obama Drops a Truth Bomb On Republicans by Exposing The GOP’s Biggest Lie

Re: President Obama Drops a Truth Bomb On Republicans by Exposing The GOP’s Biggest L

I've caught a few of the OP's posts in the past.. Dude, you're gullible, is all I have to say. Hint, whether republican, democrat, or conservative or liberal, the posts that can consistently demonstrate independent thought are valued here; those however that fail to do so, well, they fail themselves, and this board, not to mention, self-marginalize..

That is all,

Tim-

Re: President Obama Drops a Truth Bomb On Republicans by Exposing The GOP’s Biggest L

Hmm. Sometimes I think that shutting down the government really is the best idea. But it's really of no matter.

Any government employee that's deemed 'essential' (as if there is such a thing, I'm not so certain), is exempt from the shutdown, and remains working and collecting their pay checks same as normal. Others deemed non-essential are sent home, and then receives their full pay for the shutdown period after the government starts up again.

:shrug:

So I fail to see the big deal in shutting down the government. It smells more like a great big political ploy to sway the electorate to one side or the other, at least the ill-informed, low information voters of the electorate anyway.

If you cannot see/understand/appreciate the costs and meaning of shutting down the government then you need some REAL schooling on the meaning of democracy...........the US constitution.......

and the intentions/concerns of the Founding Fathers in undertaking the Great Experiment of the rule of/by the people..........

And your opinion which seems to be held by a whole lot of folks is frightening................

Sorry friend.......... One can't argue a false and/or incorrect proposition.............Don't you know that...........Or was it meant as a trick question ?

You do realize that both parties have a history of even worse meltdowns than we are seeing today.....right?

There have been actual duels, brawls, and death over party differences.

Hmm. Sometimes I think that shutting down the government really is the best idea. But it's really of no matter.

Any government employee that's deemed 'essential' (as if there is such a thing, I'm not so certain), is exempt from the shutdown, and remains working and collecting their pay checks same as normal. Others deemed non-essential are sent home, and then receives their full pay for the shutdown period after the government starts up again.

:shrug:

So I fail to see the big deal in shutting down the government. It smells more like a great big political ploy to sway the electorate to one side or the other, at least the ill-informed, low information voters of the electorate anyway.

You have a gift of understatement . That's a good thing.

They are and have been political games to stir the stupid "low information voter". All they see is "Government Shut Down" "Republicans hold up financing...."

The Republicans somehow think this helps them.

But in reality, it is the backlash to the stupid games that is driving Mr. Trumps campaign. Those donuts don't even believe he will do what he says he will and are voting for him anyway! That tells me how really pissed they are!

Sorry friend.......... One can't argue a false and/or incorrect proposition.............Don't you know that...........Or was it meant as a trick question ?

shrug...

Then why are you even talking to me? Do you just want to say, "You are wrong." and not say why? I see that as a waste of your time and mine.

President Obama Drops A Truth Bomb On Republicans By Exposing The GOP's Biggest Lie
President Obama Drops a Truth Bomb On Republicans by Exposing The GOP’s Biggest Lie

“President Obama exposed the lie which is the foundation of all Republican lies while speaking to Democrats in California”

While speaking at a fundraising dinner in San Francisco, President Obama said:
Now, that’s the Senate. Things are even more messed up in the House. And I said when I was in L.A. yesterday, and initially people were surprised — I said that I actually think that Donald Trump and Ted Cruz have done us a favor. People said, well, how so? This notion that Donald Trump or Ted Cruz are outliers and that now suddenly the Republican establishment wants to — they’re embarrassed by them. Why? They’re saying the same things that these members of the Freedom Caucus in the House have been saying for years. In fact, that’s where Trump got it. He said he’d been listening apparently to their positions on immigration…………………

………… The media seized on Obama’s statement that Trump and Cruz are doing Democrats a favor, but the President’s deeper message is that Republicans have been faking their ability and interest in responsible governing for years and that the Republican presidential candidates are shining a bright light on the fact that the Republican Party is built on fraud…………

…………. The great lie that the current Republican Party is built on is that Republicans have any interest in responsible governing. Republicans have zero interest in working with Democrats to get things done. Republicans in the House and Senate claim that they want to govern, but their statements are not true. Actions speak louder than words, and through their actions, Congressional Republicans have shown the American people that they don’t care about doing their jobs.

As his time in office is coming to an end, President Obama is gaining the freedom to be blunt with his statements. President Obama attacked the singular lie that the fraudulent Republican facade of interest in governing was built on.”

ALSO SEE:
Obama plays the Trump card on the GOP - POLITICO

Over recent memory it seemed to me the GOP possessing any power never gave the appearance to me that they knew anything about how to govern or employ statesmanship……………I wondered it I was looking fairly at the problem I saw………. Now it is wonderful to hear the I ain’t crazy………the President agrees and has said so………….Woopy

Again we see the mental agility of the president. This is very clever. He's entered the campaign but he hasn't, and the primaries aren't even over. he has slid in there what will be the meme of the Democrats and that is "they don't care, they just want power"

It takes very little to connect the dots. He is cleverly undermining Cruz, the main man, and the main mouth when it came to fillibusters and shut downs. He is laying the lack of work, the petty games, and arduous but useless debates right at the feet of the Republicans. And again, Cruz is the culprit.

The strategy is very good. Trump is the front runner no one wants to win, Cruz is his main threat, so attack Cruz's record...and do it without naming him. That takes savvy and shows just how much the dolt from Chicago has learned.

In summation, about the time the candidates are chosen and the race is on, Obama will be in a huge fight over his SC appointment, another "roadblock" and you will recall that the Republicans have chosen the kiddie path, and like school yard bullies say "we won't even consider looking at him"

I think the Democrats counter campaign is going to be an ugly head job on the "obstructionism"....."that's why we can't get anything done!"

From the OP...

The great lie that the current Republican Party is built on is that Republicans have any interest in responsible governing. Republicans have zero interest in working with Democrats to get things done. Republicans in the House and Senate claim that they want to govern, but their statements are not true. Actions speak louder than words, and through their actions, Congressional Republicans have shown the American people that they don’t care about doing their jobs.

So not wanting to work with the Democrats to pass Democrat ideas equates to having "no interest in responsible governing"? Maybe if the Democrats had more ideas that didn't suck, Republicans would be more willing to work with them.

If you cannot see/understand/appreciate the costs and meaning of shutting down the government then you need some REAL schooling on the meaning of democracy...........the US constitution.......

Looking for a fact here, and am just missing it, but did see the fact free emotional plea.

and the intentions/concerns of the Founding Fathers in undertaking the Great Experiment of the rule of/by the people..........

Don't think the Founding fathers had elitist career politicians in mind, which is exactly what we now have.

And your opinion which seems to be held by a whole lot of folks is frightening................

Balance your uninformed fright with the knowledge that there are some states who have part time legislatures, which, if you ask me, isn't a bad idea at all, and surprise surprise, they are doing just fine.

Makes me wonder if we couldn't adopt that at the federal level, since at best it's a part time job anyway, with what? Only 170 working days a year?

Seems that are you very much of the statist disposition, this also probably not what the Founding Fathers had in mind either.

You have a gift of understatement . That's a good thing.

They are and have been political games to stir the stupid "low information voter". All they see is "Government Shut Down" "Republicans hold up financing...."

The Republicans somehow think this helps them.

But in reality, it is the backlash to the stupid games that is driving Mr. Trumps campaign. Those donuts don't even believe he will do what he says he will and are voting for him anyway! That tells me how really pissed they are!

Yeah, one of the reasons that is driving Trump's supporters, but certainly not the only one. It's the GOP meltdown / fragmentation.

Of course the Democratic party is also having their own melt down of their own type. No one seriously believed that Bernie could put up as much a fight to Hillary as he and his supporters have. In the end that too will be pretty pointless, as the DNC establishment have already coronated her the candidate for the general, the voters be dammed, and that too is going to have greater and more serious implications going forward.

Hell, it's high time for the party establishment to get their respective wake up calls. They've been out of touch with their electorate for quite a number of years now.

You do realize that both parties have a history of even worse meltdowns than we are seeing today.....right?

There have been actual duels, brawls, and death over party differences.

I do not deny that ignorance and stupidity is the sole possession of but one group. You must realize that this is the United States; give all its citizens certain Constitutional rights.

Such as the First Amendment protects a citizen from speaking dumb @$$ remarks; or uttering crazy ideas............. even those which are basic stupidity and/cross-eyed senselessness.

Remember............

This is the United States when all its citizens have an equal protection under the law to say and/or do any damn whack-a-ding-hoy thing that might drip out his/her mouth..........

shrug...

Then why are you even talking to me? Do you just want to say, "You are wrong." and not say why? I see that as a waste of your time and mine.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong reply

Again we see the mental agility of the president. This is very clever. He's entered the campaign but he hasn't, and the primaries aren't even over. he has slid in there what will be the meme of the Democrats and that is "they don't care, they just want power"

It takes very little to connect the dots. He is cleverly undermining Cruz, the main man, and the main mouth when it came to fillibusters and shut downs. He is laying the lack of work, the petty games, and arduous but useless debates right at the feet of the Republicans. And again, Cruz is the culprit.

The strategy is very good. Trump is the front runner no one wants to win, Cruz is his main threat, so attack Cruz's record...and do it without naming him. That takes savvy and shows just how much the dolt from Chicago has learned.

In summation, about the time the candidates are chosen and the race is on, Obama will be in a huge fight over his SC appointment, another "roadblock" and you will recall that the Republicans have chosen the kiddie path, and like school yard bullies say "we won't even consider looking at him"

I think the Democrats counter campaign is going to be an ugly head job on the "obstructionism"....."that's why we can't get anything done!"

REALLY NOW............

It's not possible that the past two GOP controlled Congresses - labeled by independent observers - have been earned the title of the laziest do-nothing Congress in the history............how ever the latest House has the record for renaming Post Offices in member districts...........something the folks at home appreciate and give the false impression their representative in Congress is working hard for their best interests.............

Don't you think that the real problem of why nothing gets done..............

Looking for a fact here, and am just missing it, but did see the fact free emotional plea.

Don't think the Founding fathers had elitist career politicians in mind, which is exactly what we now have.

Balance your uninformed fright with the knowledge that there are some states who have part time legislatures, which, if you ask me, isn't a bad idea at all, and surprise surprise, they are doing just fine.

Makes me wonder if we couldn't adopt that at the federal level, since at best it's a part time job anyway, with what? Only 170 working days a year?

Seems that are you very much of the statist disposition, this also probably not what the Founding Fathers had in mind either.

Not knowing your history of the formation of the Constitution is very understandable why you know not of what you speak...........

What the Founding Fathers worried about..........and there were great debates between Jefferson and Hamilton on the "right to vote"............ The issue at hand was called "The Tyranny of the Masses"...............

Simply stated is where the number of rabid, stupid and ignorant people could take control of the country because they had the right to vote...........

Get the picture?

REALLY NOW............

It's not possible that the past two GOP controlled Congresses - labeled by independent observers - have been earned the title of the laziest do-nothing Congress in the history............how ever the latest House has the record for renaming Post Offices in member districts...........something the folks at home appreciate and give the false impression their representative in Congress is working hard for their best interests.............

Don't you think that the real problem of why nothing gets done..............

Your viewpoint.

Politics is not what you think it is...it is what you can convince others is the reality.

My point is that in that department Obama has you pinned to the carpet before you get out of the gate. He has owned the Republicans on the hustings for ten years. FFS, the man lied 44 times to get his signature act passed, and the Republicans let him get away it with it. Why? Because he is THE Rock Star and part magician who has fooled all of the people all of the time.

I have said and said it, I am on nobody's "side", as I have posted likely 100 times I see both parties as equal assholes, equally guilty with using the so-called law making process for "see how they are!" politics.

Don't argue your side with me, each side wears the dead bird on the stalemate in congress.

Not knowing your history of the formation of the Constitution is very understandable why you know not of what you speak...........

What the Founding Fathers worried about..........and there were great debates between Jefferson and Hamilton on the "right to vote"............ The issue at hand was called "The Tyranny of the Masses"...............

Simply stated is where the number of rabid, stupid and ignorant people could take control of the country because they had the right to vote...........

Get the picture?

Sure. I think the last period of that nature ended was with the 2010 House elections. :mrgreen:

Your viewpoint.

Politics is not what you think it is...it is what you can convince others is the reality.

My point is that in that department Obama has you pinned to the carpet before you get out of the gate. He has owned the Republicans on the hustings for ten years. FFS, the man lied 44 times to get his signature act passed, and the Republicans let him get away it with it. Why? Because he is THE Rock Star and part magician who has fooled all of the people all of the time.

I have said and said it, I am on nobody's "side", as I have posted likely 100 times I see both parties as equal assholes, equally guilty with using the so-called law making process for "see how they are!" politics.

Don't argue your side with me, each side wears the dead bird on the stalemate in congress.

OK.......... and .now would not think about it

Back
Top Bottom