• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President Obama continues to fan...[W247, 258]

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Obama: ‘Trayvon Martin Could’ve Been Me 35 Years Ago’ | TheBlaze.com

President Barack Obama spoke publicly for the first time about the outcome of George Zimmerman’s murder trial, speaking about the pain black Americans feel about the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

“When Trayvon Martin was first shot I said that this could’ve been my son,” Obama said. “Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could’ve been me 35 years ago.”
Obama said it’s “important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn’t go away.”

“There are very few African American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being followed when they were in a department store,” Obama said. “And that includes me.”

Gee, kinda brings a tear to my eye.
Obama needs to learn to shut up.

And MSNBC is raising their hands in worship.

I would like to hear his specific opinions on how to strengthen African American youths in the country and some of the root causes for their problems.

“There are very few African American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being followed when they were in a department store,” Obama said. “And that includes me.”

Way back when... I used to have very long hair... I would get followed around stores too. Apparently that means I can just assault anyone that follows me around now.

And here we are sitting around calling blacks brainwashed for not voting Republican or identifying with the right. Hmm...

President Barack Obama spoke publicly for the first time about the outcome of George Zimmerman’s murder trial, speaking about the pain black Americans feel about the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

“When Trayvon Martin was first shot I said that this could’ve been my son,” Obama said. “Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could’ve been me 35 years ago.”
Obama said it’s “important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn’t go away.”

He's going to be in the history books as the
first US President to NOT be president of all Americans.

It's an abomination that he won't keep his mouth shut
about this!!!

Actually, it seems more like anyone can shoot you if you react to be followed.

I'm an ex-longhair and I've shared your experience. But question your conclusion.

As for the case itself, I usually support the conclusions of the court. Makes more sense that way.

Way back when... I used to have very long hair... I would get followed around stores too. Apparently that means I can just assault anyone that follows me around now.

Gee, kinda brings a tear to my eye.
Obama needs to learn to shut up.

Obama said that he and his staff are "bouncing around ideas" with his staff about how to move forward on issues of racial profiling. He called for a review of so-called "stand your ground" laws, a position backed by Attorney General Eric Holder.

"If Trayvon Martin was of age and he was armed, could he have 'stood his ground' on that sidewalk?" Obama said.

He added: "If a white male teen was involved in the same kind of scenario, from top to bottom, both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different."

Read more: Obama On Trayvon Martin-Zimmerman Verdict - Business Insider

The problem is that President Obama is trying to continue to make this case about race when the FBI says it wasn't, Trayvon's mom says it wasn't and the prosecution says it wasn't. With all of the actual racism in this country, why is Obama choosing THIS story (which isn't about racism) to make his point?

why can't obama have a opinion on this story?

He's brainless. That probably explains why whatever he says makes no sense or feels like its coming from a state of mindlessness. Ok, that was mean, but all the the same you would think someone going around making sure everyone knows how awesome they are wouldn't be so goddamn clueless and wouldn't be involved in race baiting. You would think the president would realize that the case was trash and not be out trying to make sure the tensions continue on for no reason.

Last edited:
The problem is that President Obama is trying to continue to make this case about race when the FBI says it wasn't, Trayvon's mom says it wasn't and the prosecution says it wasn't. With all of the actual racism in this country, why is Obama choosing THIS story (which isn't about racism) to make his point?

It seems to me the answer is evident to many people...

What a race-baiting, immature individual. My respect for Obama has dropped even more.

A man was declared not guilty. He is not guilty, there was no legal wrongdoing done. If anything we see delusional people acting upon their racial sensitivities needing to see this as some kind of hate crime against blacks and feeding into their delusional way of thinking. I thought Obama would be more mature about this and call for peace amidst morons rioting and other nonsense. Instead, he chose to feed it.

Last edited:

to some people this story is about racism. But it was evident not in zimmerman's actions, but the system of justice for allowing zimmerman's attorneys to portray Trayvon as a sterotypical black hoodlum and thug, bringing up Martins school history, personal images on his cell phone, and information about how he stole some jewelry.

On the other hand the prosecution was not able use Zimmerman prior history of repeatedly calling the police to report African American's that he viewed as suspicious.

to some people, this trial ended up with Martin viewed as the criminal, not the victim.

why can't obama have a opinion on this story?

Because he's no longer Barack Obama citizen but President of the United States Barack Obama. He represents the entire nation 24/7/365 in eveything he says and does while he holds office.

So 35 years ago Obama would have jumped someone and punched them in the face? Why am I not surprised?

This POS POTUS does anything and everything to divide this nation: rich vs poor, black vs white, etc.

I would like to hear his specific opinions on how to strengthen African American youths in the country and some of the root causes for their problems.

Blame whites.

Dana Loesch @DLoesch

It’s a combo protest diversion from scandals and attempt to weaken laws protecting right to self defense.

:yt

We, collectively, can't agree on much as it relates to Zimmerman/Martin, but I can agree that I wish this had happened 35 years ago and that Obama had been Martin.

Back
Top Bottom