• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President Obama continues to fan...[W247, 258]

Obama: ‘Trayvon Martin Could’ve Been Me 35 Years Ago’ | TheBlaze.com

President Barack Obama spoke publicly for the first time about the outcome of George Zimmerman’s murder trial, speaking about the pain black Americans feel about the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

“When Trayvon Martin was first shot I said that this could’ve been my son,” Obama said. “Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could’ve been me 35 years ago.”
Obama said it’s “important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn’t go away.”

“There are very few African American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being followed when they were in a department store,” Obama said. “And that includes me.”

Really? Of course I am concerned....He's not familiar with the problem.

:coffeepap

When are guys like you gonna wake up? You aren't doing black people any favors with your condescending and patroning attitudes.

You keep wanting to tuen the clock back to 1965. It's 2014.

To believe that Martin was simply a victim of fate, one has to believe that Zimmerman is a psychopathic, stalking, black youth hating, assassin. You have to believe that Zimmerman injured/bloodied himself, broke his own nose, and hunted down a black teenager he didn't know and coldly murdered him, in the middle of a residential complex with apparently five or six witnesses.

I'm not naive enough to believe that scenario.

was martin out to hurt anyone? if Zimmerman did not confront him, would Martin have attacked someone else or continue on his way home?

we do not know how trayvon's life would have Panned out if he had lived. it is easy to portray someone in a negative light when the person being protrayed can not speak or defend himself.

Really? Of the countless people throughout history that have lost their lives while attacking other people, why does Martin get this honorary treatment in your mind? And if Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, hadn't defended himself, it's just as likely Martin would have murdered him as it is he would have gone on to become a person of note.

What a race-baiting, immature individual. My respect for Obama has dropped even more.

A man was declared not guilty. He is not guilty, there was no legal wrongdoing done. If anything we see delusional people acting upon their racial sensitivities needing to see this as some kind of hate crime against blacks and feeding into their delusional way of thinking. I thought Obama would be more mature about this and call for peace amidst morons rioting and other nonsense. Instead, he chose to feed it.

It is obvious Obama knew nothing about the evidence, or he ignored it.

Either way he injected himself into a case even more with no knowledge of what actually happened.

From here on out he will be known as the piece of **** President.

Maybe he should spend some time on fixing what is wrong with what is wrong with the coutry instead of made up issues like this.

This is what all of this is about:

Dana Loesch @DLoesch

If they can’t regulate your firearms out of existence they’ll regulate away your ability to defend yourself at all.

was martin out to hurt anyone? if Zimmerman did not confront him, would Martin have attacked someone else or continue on his way home?

You're still arguing a case that has been adjudicated. Time to find some other case to hang the racial guilt on.

When are guys like you gonna wake up? You aren't doing black people any favors with your condescending and patroning attitudes.

Black people have been blamed for their own oppression going all the way back to the Atlantic slave trade. I have no time for arguing with someone unfamiliar with history and incapable of critical thought.

Really? Of the countless people throughout history that have lost their lives while attacking other people, why does Martin get this honorary treatment in your mind? And if Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, hadn't defended himself, it's just as likely Martin would have murdered him as it is he would have gone on to become a person of note.

if Zimmerman identified himself as a neighborhood watchman martin would have known who was following him and potentially nullify any motive of attacking him.

was martin out to hurt anyone? if Zimmerman did not confront him, ?

For the zillionth time. Ziimmerman did not- that is*** D_I_D N_O_T,*** confront Martin
according to the EVIDENCE.

He's a black man and the President. I don't see how he stopped being a black man after becoming president.

Did we see anywhere in Obama's comments or in those from his administration, such as from Holder, where they respect the American judicial system, a system that is open and transparent and respected throughout the world? Did either of them acknowledge that the case was a difficult one for all involved and they respect the jury's verdict? Remember, Obama and Holder are the same two who prominently claimed that the American judicial system is so fantastic that Gitmo detainees could be brought to the courts and receive a fair and just trial and people shouldn't be afraid.

A President of all the people would have done that while at the same time empathizing with the Martin family for their loss and even empathizing with the Zimmerman family for the difficult time they had. But then, that wouldn't have satisfied his true goal - the goal of ramping up racial tension to make up for and hide his abysmal record as it relates to black youth unemployment and black youth crime in America today.

if one removes the fact that Obama is president of the united states, he is also a father and African American. he can relate to what African American youth have to go through in life, always under suspicion and being stereotyped as a hoodlum or thug just by how he looks. maybe some people would understand why african Americans are upset if they could put themselves in Trayvon martins Postion, or understand what he had to go through based on other peoples perception of him.

I think Obama is lieing about his experiences.

He grew up in Hawaii where Whites are the minority.

Where did he have this supposed experience of people locking their doors when he walked past or being followed in a store?

You assume Zimmerman confronted Martin and not the other way around - there is no evidence presented in the case to prove your contention.

Black people have been blamed for their own oppression going all the way back to the Atlantic slave trade. I have no time for arguing with someone unfamiliar with history and incapable of critical thought.
Seems to me that the "critical thought" needed to address the root of the problem has been deemed too politically incorrect to talk about openly.

You assume Zimmerman confronted Martin and not the other way around - there is no evidence presented in the case to prove your contention.

did the case show any evidence that can prove why martin wanted to attack zimmerman in the first place.

I think Obama is lieing about his experiences.

He grew up in Hawaii where Whites are the minority.

Where did he have this supposed experience of people locking their doors when he walked past or being followed in a store?

Oh please. Anti-black racist attitudes are not limited to white people.

Seems to me that the "critical thought" needed to address the root of the problem has been deemed too politically incorrect to talk about openly.

Oh, and what is that exactly?

Oh please. Anti-black racist attitudes are not limited to white people.

Obama seems to think so. So who do you think the people were that were following him? Hawaiians?

if Zimmerman identified himself as a neighborhood watchman martin would have known who was following him and potentially nullify any motive of attacking him.

If Zimmerman meant to do anything other than find out what Martin was up to, he would have had his gun in his hand.

Ever think of why he didn't?

Obama seems to think so. So who do you think the people were that were following him? Hawaiians?

Probably both white people and Hawaiians.

He's a black man and the President. I don't see how he stopped being a black man after becoming president.

He is representing the country, not just the blacks.

He cannot be a man of color as president but a man of the people he represents.

Back
Top Bottom