• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Jimmy Carter Hospitalized

Phantom

John Schnatter 2012
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

September 28, 2010 MSNBC

I hope everything is OK with President Carter.

Glad to know he is resting comfortably.

Oh my I do hope everything is ok with former President Carter because he is a great man who has done so much good in his life time.

He can rest soundly in that hospital bed tonight, knowing he is no longer America's worst President.

He can rest soundly in that hospital bed tonight, knowing he is no longer America's worst President.

You think that Carter was worse then Hoover? Hoover who cut spending and jacked up taxes and signed the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act fully knowing it was a disastrous idea?
You think that Carter was worse then Pierce? Pierce who stood by as the country crept closer and closer to the bloodiest conflict in American history?
You think that Carter was worse then Harding? Harding who's administration who accepted bribes left and right passing out all kinds of sweetheart deals?

You need to study American history.

I think Carter was at least a decent president. Made his fair share of mistakes but overall at least tried to do a good job in the end. Then Mr. Reagan came in to free the ultra rich, commit war crimes, and his wall street buddies lived in their haven of corruption.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

He was never the worst president, in his four years he accomplished quite a lot. Among those accomplishments there was:

Camp David Accords - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't come to me with Jimmy Carter's accomplishments and citing Wikipedia. That is the joke of all references. Anyone can go in and change what they don't like. Do you have any other credible sources, or are you at a complete loss? Yeah, I know, finding any accomplishments by that man are next to nothing since his failures exceed all others.

You think that Carter was worse then Hoover? Hoover who cut spending and jacked up taxes and signed the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act fully knowing it was a disastrous idea?
You think that Carter was worse then Pierce? Pierce who stood by as the country crept closer and closer to the bloodiest conflict in American history?
You think that Carter was worse then Harding? Harding who's administration who accepted bribes left and right passing out all kinds of sweetheart deals?

You need to study American history.

You need to stop hiding from your present history, you know the true history that you are living right now, the one you have denied because you believe in its being rewritten by your present Marxist leaders?

Let's talk about Jimmy Carter and what he did, or didn't accomplish.

Jimmy Carter was a failure as a President and an embarrasment to the American people he served.

He claimed to be a born-again Christian but cow towed to every atheist dictator he could find.
His greatest accomplishment was to be the first President to kiss more dictators’ asses than any other President before him. He gave millions of dollars to North Korea on the promise that they wouldn't build atomic weapons and missiles. You see how nice the Koreans were at adhering to Carter’s wishes, but then again, he is a dumb ass Democrat and gullible to boot. While he was helping North Korea, he turned a blind eye to the North Korean dictator’s deliberate starvation of its people as well as to the same starvation in the Soviet Union, Rhodesia, Uganda, Ethiopia and several other world dictatorships

On Carter’s watch, the Shah of Iran was deposed by the Ayatolla Komeini, and then Iranians took the members of our US Embassy hostage. The Marines assigned to protect the embassy were ordered to stand down and surrender, an act that infuriated them and the rest of us red-blooded Americans.

Carter cut the US from oil from Iran. He thought he would hurt Iran if they lost the US as their main customer, but that didn’t work out. Iran just became another terrorist country. By his stupidity and inaction, Carter aided and abetted terrorism, even before terrorism was a household word. He refused to help the Shah and turned his back on US citizens taken hostage in the US Embassy.

I remember back in the 70’s when Carter was President how high the price of gas went. You couldn’t blame that one on Bush. It happened on Carter’s watch. Then Carter stopped all research into the reprocessing of nuclear fuel. Heaven forbid. Money was being wasted that he could send to more social welfare programs and studying why the South African tree frog was dying out in logged Amazon forest land. He cow towed again to the environmental freaks who wanted to save the planet. Of course nobody else in Europe and Asia stopped their research and development of spent nuclear fuel. What do we do with it now? Nuclear waste is still around and unused so we have to store it in your backyard.

Carter claimed he commanded a nuclear submarine, but he lied. Talk about stolen valor and from a US President.

When Reagan became President, he deregulated the price of oil. As a result, the price of gasoline dropped and the dollar became the strongest it had ever been.

Apartheid problems occurred on Carter’s watch and he used it to push hate against white South Africa, and what occurred? Apratheid was eliminated and Communist raised its ugly head all under the guise of freedom. Nelson Mandela was freed from prison and established another communist state.

Carter then cow towed to Leonid Breznev a USSR dictator, even brought him to America to be loved on by virtual democrat idiots . And then when the USSR invaded Afghanistan in 1979 Carter said he would never trust the Russians again. Well duh. What was Carter’s response? Refuse to allow our Olympic athletes who had trained all their lives for this one moment of glory to go to the Olympics in Moscow. I was in Iceland back then, and I knew several weight lifting servicemen who had approached the Iceland government to be allowed to represent Iceland in the Olympics. That’s how desperate our athletes were to go to the Olympics. Some other American athletes were successful in getting to the Olympics and did represent other countries. Some athletes tried to go to Moscow, anyway, but were stopped when they tried to leave the country. Oh yeah, Carter was a much hated President.

Then let’s not forget Carter meeting the Queen Mother of England and kissing her on the lips. This angered and embarrassed her and really pissed off the people of England. America really had a dumb ass of a President.

I suppose you think it was great that Carter pardoned and returned US citizenship to all the draft dodgers who had run to Canada and other countries to avoid service in Viet Nam, too? He aided and abetted traitors to this country.

He gave away the Panama Canal to the Panamanian dictator and botched the attempt at rescuing American Embassy hostages in Iran. That failure was the nails in the coffin of his failing presidency. He was beaten horribly when he ran again. Good riddance to the worst president, ever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom