• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President hits new lows in poll

FinnMacCool said:
Everyone including me thought he was somekind of hero then.
I never thought he was a hero. Just a man playing the cards he was dealt as best he can. People tend to forget the most powerful man in the world is still just a guy and not some kind of infallible God.

Finding out your God is just a normal guy is apt to **** people off as we have seen.

"President hits new lows in poll"

Meh. That shiit'll buff out.

"PRESIDENT CLINTON: 8 YEARS OF PEACE, PROGRESS, AND PROSPERITY!"

Hmmmm.... First WTC bombing, Somalia, Iraq, Boznia, ........

mwi said:
"PRESIDENT CLINTON: 8 YEARS OF PEACE, PROGRESS, AND PROSPERITY!"

Hmmmm.... First WTC bombing, Somalia, Iraq, Boznia, ........

Iraq? This occurred in 2003.

cnredd said:
Did it?...C'mon Sarge...you know better...

I get deployed so often, I lose track of what President sent me where and when.

GySgt said:
I get deployed so often, I lose track of what President sent me where and when.
Didn't you get sent to China to make sure Clinton's paid-for nuclear tecnology got there safely?;)

Hasn't anyone learned yet the polls are really BS. First off with polarization48% of the country will dissapprove. Now, you just need to get 10% more. How do you do that, be wording questions certain ways or focusing the previous questions on negative things like death in Iraq or a Hurricane killing people. Here's a news flash people die in war, and people die in Huuricane's. Both are tragic, but not a reason to attack your President. Even I dissapprove of Iraq, but I don't dissapprove overall of my President.

akyron said:
Would you tolerate something so simple in its complexity?
I think more screaming for his head would ensue.
Its like 2800 years of various conflicts not a couple of hundred.
I was giving just the general jist of what the message should be. I wouldn't doubt that the screaming for his head would continue, because that's the kicker about accountability, if you screw up, there're consequences, and when 1800 Americans are dead, "I'm sorry" doesn't really suffice.
But the idea that people actually tolerate him skirting accountability because Americans would be mad is just astounding, especially coming from republicans, because most republicans I know honestly believe in personal responsibility, except not for Bush apparently.

cnredd said:
Didn't you get sent to China to make sure Clinton's paid-for nuclear tecnology got there safely?;)
dude, check out my recent posts, I've had several posts with no cusses at all!

tfarino said:
Hasn't anyone learned yet the polls are really BS. First off with polarization48% of the country will dissapprove. Now, you just need to get 10% more. How do you do that, be wording questions certain ways or focusing the previous questions on negative things like death in Iraq or a Hurricane killing people. Here's a news flash people die in war, and people die in Huuricane's. Both are tragic, but not a reason to attack your President. Even I dissapprove of Iraq, but I don't dissapprove overall of my President.

If that were the case, then why such high approval ratings during the Clinton years? I mean if half the country should disapprove of anyone off the start, then why did Clinton have record high approval ratings?

Like I said earlier. This administrations biggest problem is:

They are great at politics. In fact, they may be the best administration ever at it.

They are terrible at actually governing. In fact, they may well be one of the worst administrations ever at it.

The fact that they are so great at politics is why they get very narrow majorities in order to win elections.

The fact that they are so terrible at actually governing is why they have such abysmal approval ratings.

Its as simple as that.

galenrox said:
dude, check out my recent posts, I've had several posts with no cusses at all!

And we are all so very proud of you. :applaud

tfarino said:

I disagree with your views on polls. Polls reflect the mentality of the public flawlessly. I walked around my section and I took a poll of who supports President Bush and who approves of the French's existence.----

9 out of 10 Marines approve of President Bush and 10 out of 10 Marines think the French suck.

:2party:

Yaaaay for President Bush!! The country approves and the French can go to hell!! (As for that one Marine that did not approve, I outrank him. I will PT the weakness out of him tomorrow.)

Last edited:
Yeah just like after 9/11 how Bush's approval rating was like 90% because he was able to use 9/11 to his political advantage.

GySgt said:
I disagree with your views on polls. Polls reflect the mentality of the public flawlessly. I walked around my section and I took a poll of who supports President Bush and who approves of the French's existence.----

9 out of 10 Marines approve of President Bush and 10 out of 10 Marines think the French suck.

Yaaaay for President Bush!! The country approves and the French can go to hell!! (As for that one Marine that did not approve, I outrank him. I will PT the weakness out of him tomorrow.)

I bet he was one of those dont ask dont tell ones too huh :lol:

GySgt said:

It's actually quite scary how most of the military have become dependents of the Republican Party. They have been whipped into a frenzy by the mentality of "you are either with us or against us" which is of course, technically, a false dilemma logical fallacy in order order to polarize situations and force the issue.

Hitler might have used such tactics to beat the opposition into submission I believe.

As for that one Marine, well, he is instantly labeled as "un-American".

SouthernDemocrat said:
I bet he was one of those dont ask dont tell ones too huh :lol:

Don't know. We don't ask..he doesn't tell.

KidRocks said:
It's actually quite scary how most of the military have become dependents of the Republican Party. They have been whipped into a frenzy by the mentality of "you are either with us or against us" which is of course, technically, a false dilemma logical fallacy in order order to polarize situations and force the issue.

Hitler might have used such tactics to beat the opposition into submission I believe.

"The with us or against us" mentality began in the 90's while we were subjected to Al-Queda attacks as the general American looked the other way under the false peace created by President Clinton.

"Un-American?" Of course not. He wears a uniform and rates his opinion. He still follows orders without cry-baby dissent.

Last edited:
point blank...Bush is just terrible. I'm not saying this from a liberal or conservative view. People really can't say it that way either. Lyndon B. Johnson (a democrat might I add) had the country hitting lows too. We were in poverty, a war, and he refused to raise taxes and deficit spending turned into debt. Pretty similar situation here. We've got the war on terror, we've lost New Orleans (poverty), and Bush won't raise taxes. He's giving out all this money to certain things without raising taxes and soon we will run low. People that remember how Johnson horribly failed should not support Bush.

MasterDebater06 said:
point blank...Bush is just terrible. I'm not saying this from a liberal or conservative view. People really can't say it that way either. Lyndon B. Johnson (a democrat might I add) had the country hitting lows too. We were in poverty, a war, and he refused to raise taxes and deficit spending turned into debt. Pretty similar situation here. We've got the war on terror, we've lost New Orleans (poverty), and Bush won't raise taxes. He's giving out all this money to certain things without raising taxes and soon we will run low. People that remember how Johnson horribly failed should not support Bush.

I know. It's a shame about New Orleans being impoverished now. I remember the good old days when every citizen there had a car and a mansion under all the other Presidents.

GySgt said:
I know. It's a shame about New Orleans being impoverished now. I remember the good old days when every citizen there had a car and a mansion under all the other Presidents.

BAM :catapult:

GySgt said:
"The with us or against us" mentality began in the 90's while we were subjected to Al-Queda attacks as the general American looked the other way under the false peace created by President Clinton.

Oh, I forgot how Clinton ordered a massive attack on Iraq, committing about 250.000 of our troops, I also forgot about how we lost about 3000 Americans via terrorists attacks on our own damn soil. Musn't forget the 130.000 troops occupying some country in the ME who are being picked off daily by insurgents because President Clinton chose to put them in harms way. Don't forget the 300 billion dollars Clinton spent on lobbing missle's at a so called pharmacy and a couple of camels asses.

You mean that war, right? :doh

Peace? What peace? :roll:

LOL... and I love it! :cool:

Yes, the last poll I seen had him pegged at 36% I believe. O man, Nixon's was at 39% at the height of the Watertgate Scandal. That should tell you something.

kal-el said:
Yes, the last poll I seen had him pegged at 36% I believe. O man, Nixon's was at 39% at the height of the Watertgate Scandal. That should tell you something.

Well we are stuck with him until 2008 anyway. Don't get your hopes up for 2006 either. There is little room for movement either way in most of the congressional races next year.

The one good thing though is that with abysmal approval ratings, he will have a hard time with most of his agenda.

KidRocks said:

I can't believe you are comparing Bush to Hitler and our military to the SS. I never get personal or rude to other posters but you are nothing but a piece of crap. How dare you spit on me and my fellow brothers and sisters that wear the uniform and insult the memories of those who have given their lives fighting for America.

If you pull your head out of your tight ass you would see the military overwhelmingly votes Republican because they have traditionally truly support the military. Unlike the Democrats who only claim to support but does not back it up with action.

My apologizes to everybody with the exception of KidCocks

Back
Top Bottom