• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President George W. Bush's Center Video on COVID-19

It’s not just about intelligence. Trump is just by nature very deliberately and shockingly mean-spirited, vindictive, mendacious, narcissistic, and divisive. After all, those are the characteristics that appeal so much to his supporters. I don’t think he could manage to be emotionally supportive in any meaningful way even if he tried. How can a president who’s main campaign slogans was “f- your feelings” now try to provide emotional support to a nation in a time of crisis? His response is what it has always been: more nonstop lies, cursing, political propaganda, and denigrating and dismissing science.

I love your avatar. Isn't that the famous school of Athens painting?

I had Trump shoved at me. However the man is a splendid president. Biden would be a good man to threaten Ukraine with and proved he is able to threaten countries.

He is a lying blowhard who was coasting on the good economy until COVID sent things south.

Bush's polling was in the 20s. Not fighting back against the leftist bastards attacking him only hurt him. As for the low intellect, I thought we established one of us has a college degree, and it isn't you.

G. W. Bush's lowest approval, 48.6%, was his last days in office when the economy was in the sewer

The vile, senile, obese, narcissistic mob boss? Not even close.

Why do the cultists feel the need to lie?

Y'all make noise about those issues, but you don't care about them. The left doesn't care about anyone or anything but their own power.

Wow, what a surprise, another one of your illogical BS comments that are just your fantasy. The left fights for loads of people, even republicans, because they generally care about a lot of people's rights. That you deny that is not that miraculous, you really have no proper track record when it comes to posts that are in line with the real world.

Little Bush Jr. recognizes covid-19 is a serious issue I see. Pray for him because he thinks prayers can defeat a virus. Too bad he was clueless for the 8 years he was president.
Clueless? He did more to prepare us for a pandemic than any other president in recent memory.

Do us a favor and tend to your own mismanaged 3rd-tier hellhole of a country before you criticize ours.

You are able to read? I make comments about politicians, mostly not about people. Maybe about people like you but then again, you deserve that when you make illogical nonsense posts. You know, I for once never claimed the US was a hell hole, but you love throwing that out.

It is more evidence that you are totally clueless. And that is not an opinion, that is a fact. We are one of the countries with the highest quality of life, our children are among the happiest/the happiest in the world, we are one of the most free countries, etc. etc. etc.

There you go, another post of yours that is going to end up in the

:failpail:

because clearly you have no knowledge or clue about anything that is factual.

Trump's tweet is crazy. Although frankly, rather than stay quiet, Bush should have publicly supported impeachment.

Bystanders are worse than perpetrators.

Beyond Jimmy Carter, did you see former Presidents say anything? No, you didn't. This is unnecessary. And your second remark is ridiculous.

Clueless? He did more to prepare us for a pandemic than any other president in recent memory.

I must have missed it. I liked W and voted for him both times. Just find it curious that he only gets his props after bashing Trump. When you lie down with dogs you get fleas his pappy would've told him.

What a damn shame Democrats have done exactly the opposite of what Bush said, and politicized this.

It's hard not to have those thoughts about what people are saying and how they are saying it and I do too, but I think you should ask yourself if you think it was an effective, heartwarming and inspiring message and if you think our leaders should embrace this type of messaging. If the answer is yes, then that should be the most important thing.

Kind of like how Democrats now can't stop posting columns by neocon David Frum who they pilloried for eight years?

Anyhow...

George W. Bush in 2005: '''If we wait for a pandemic to appear, it will be too late to prepare''' - ABC News

This article praising Bush for bashing Trump is from 2020. Before he dissed Trump he was despised by the lib media. I hope he loves being adored for a short while 'cause when this blows over the media will go back to despising him.

Just a thought they should use W as the classical example of a useful idiot.

What a damn shame Democrats have done exactly the opposite of what Bush said, and politicized this.

There is no choice for good and honest people but to become political when a bad person like Trump politicizes the truth.

Little Bush Jr. recognizes covid-19 is a serious issue I see. Pray for him because he thinks prayers can defeat a virus. Too bad he was clueless for the 8 years he was president.

Bush is compassionate and his heart's in the right place, but he was 1 of the worst presidents we've had in the last 50 years. He and Jimmy Carter were about the same as far as effective leaders, and coincidentally they were both reborn christians if that's any indication.

I must have missed it. I liked W and voted for him both times. Just find it curious that he only gets his props after bashing Trump. When you lie down with dogs you get fleas his pappy would've told him.

I judge on effective leadership, and I believe Trump has been more effective than Bush junior or senior combined. I say this even though I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and am still not a huge supporter.

It's funny. The left absolutely despised Bush when he was president. They ridiculed and derided him every step of the way. How did Bush react? He was very 'presidential'. He didn't fight back. Didn't argue with his critics? The result? He got fricking BURIED in the polls. He did exactly what the left wanted and he got destroyed.

Back to Bush, he's now a hero to the left again, because he's being useful to them in bashing Trump. But I remember well how they despised him.

Fundamentally the difference between W. Bush and Trump is very simple:

Bush believed there was no policy more important than the Republic itself.

Trump believes there is nothing about the Republic more important than his policies.

The last time half the country adopted Trump's way of doing things is when the South decided the economic benefits it derived from slavery were more important than the Republic, and we had a Civil War.

I am not saying Bush did not have his faults, I disagreed with many of his policies, but Bush still believed in the system the Founding Fathers put in place. Bush believed in working within the system. Trump is either ignorant of, or I think more accurately, simply does not care about the system the Founding Fathers put in place. I think the truth is many Trump supporters also don't care about the Republic either. I suspect they think to themselves, "If the system, the Republic, with all its features, its institutions, its laws, and so on have left me behind, then what use is it?" Do you really care more about immigration and abortion more than the Republic itself? What value would stricter immigration policies and laws against abortion have for you if we didn't have a Republic anymore? Why would you throw everything away so you could stick your finger in the eyes of people like Jim Acosta? How does that make any sense?

President Trump is far too smart to play that game. He knows what entreaties for bi-partisan harmony really mean. The intent is to get conservatives to shut up and agree with the left. Leftwingers have NO interest in getting along. Their interests are purely in getting their way. Trump isn't playing. That's why he's polling at his highest level ever, despite the incessant hammering he's gotten from the leftwing media the past five years.

The thing rabidly hateful and partisan Trump supporters have to remember is the following:

...in a big country of 327 million people, you're not always going to get what you want. Sometimes your favorite bill is not going to be passed. Sometimes your favorite policy will not be adopted. And you're going to have to live with that because that's the price of living in a Constitutional Republic that has hundreds of millions of citizens. Sooner or later, in order to get on with living your life, you're going to have to compromise with your fellow citizens. And it's fine if you don't want to compromise, but what's going to happen is the world is going to move on without you and leave you behind...just as it's already doing, just as you fear it's doing.

He got fricking BURIED in the polls.

W. Bush was a two-term President. Trump has already been impeached and will likely not be re-elected, so there's that.

Last edited:
Yes, but his numbers eroded more and more as the attacks by the media continued. And Bush took it. He was very gentlemanly, very presidential. Just like the left says they want. And he got buried in the polls for not standing up for himself. Trump is WAY too smart for that. He knows what the game is, and he's not playing.

What's the point of being President if you have to destroy the country in the process?

If you think your political opponents are not worthy of participation in the same government then there will never be any hope of compromise.

Fundamentally the difference between W. Bush and Trump is very simple:

Bush believed there was no policy more important than the Republic itself.

Trump believes there is nothing about the Republic more important than his policies.

The last time half the country adopted Trump's way of doing things is when the South decided the economic benefits it derived from slavery were more important than the Republic, and we had a Civil War.

I am not saying Bush did not have his faults, I disagreed with many of his policies, but Bush still believed in the system the Founding Fathers put in place. Bush believed in working within the system. Trump is either ignorant of, or I think more accurately, simply does not care about the system the Founding Fathers put in place. I think the truth is many Trump supporters also don't care about the Republic either. I suspect they think to themselves, "If the system, the Republic, with all its features, its institutions, its laws, and so on have left me behind, then what use is it?" Do you really care more about immigration and abortion more than the Republic itself? What value would stricter immigration policies and laws against abortion have for you if we didn't have a Republic anymore? Why would you throw everything away so you could stick your finger in the eyes of people like Jim Acosta? How does that make any sense?

The thing rabidly hateful and partisan Trump supporters have to remember is the following:

...in a big country of 327 million people, you're not always going to get what you want. Sometimes your favorite bill is not going to be passed. Sometimes your favorite policy will not be adopted. And you're going to have to live with that because that's the price of living in a Constitutional Republic that has hundreds of millions of citizens. Sooner or later, in order to get on with living your life, you're going to have to compromise with your fellow citizens. And it's fine if you don't want to compromise, but what's going to happen is the world is going to move on without you and leave you behind...just as it's already doing, just as you fear it's doing.

W. Bush was a two-term President. Trump has already been impeached and will likely not be re-elected, so there's that.

1) Impeachment means zero. It was a political charade that everyone saw through.
2) Trump's Gallup numbers are at the highest in his administration.
3) Do you really think the senile molester Biden is going to beat him?

What's the point of being President if you have to destroy the country in the process?

If you think your political opponents are not worthy of participation in the same government then there will never be any hope of compromise.

It's not Trump who's destroying the country. There won't be compromise because the radical left doesn't want compromise. They only way for justice to prevail in America is to defeat these leftwing bastards at the polls.

Back
Top Bottom