• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President George H W Bush dead at 94

Sadly trump will be attending this funeral. He's gonna turn the whole ceremony into a circus. He will of course be sitting in the front row with former presidents Clinton, Carter and Obama. dubya will probably be on the other side with his family.

The former democrat presidents will behave with decorum and respect but trump will be the insensitive disrespectgul buffoon that he is.

"Earlier this year, Trump mocked Bush's famous phrase “a thousand points of light” to describe America's volunteer organisations.

"What the hell is that?' Trump asked at a rally in Montana. "Has anyone figured that out? It was put out by a Republican."

Hopefully Carter, Clinton and Obama won't be inviting this POS to their state funerals.

HW was a cold war Establishment Proponent of the American dominance of the world.

Of course this is what he thought.
The invasion of Iraq in 1991 wasn't a neoconservative motive?

I was a Republican at the time so I supported him over Clinton. I remember feeling really sad when Clinton came to the White House and the Bush's greeted him. It felt like such a defeat.

Politically, I'm completely different now.

My biggest criticism of H. W. Bush is his conservative international meddling foreign policy. We didn't have to save the Saudi's from Saddam Hussein. We should have handled it all diplomatically. By getting involved it led to 9/11, Afghanistan, then Iraq part II and then ISIS.

The good thing about H.W. Bush was that he was a compassionate conservative.

*gasp* Community organizations? Today's Republican laugh at the idea of Community Organizers.

Today, I totally disagree with most of his politics but he was at least a decent man and a president you could respect.

With all due respect , when you compare former presidents to the current thing, ALL of them were decent men that you could respect.

Unfortunately Bush forgot to follow his wife's wishes and banned the trump thing from attending his funeral.

trump is probably going to ruin the Bush's funeral. He will make it all about himself as usual.

Sadly trump will be attending this funeral. He's gonna turn the whole ceremony into a circus. He will of course be sitting in the front row with former presidents Clinton, Carter and Obama. dubya will probably be on the other side with his family.

The former democrat presidents will behave with decorum and respect but trump will be the insensitive disrespectgul buffoon that he is.

"Earlier this year, Trump mocked Bush's famous phrase “a thousand points of light” to describe America's volunteer organisations.

"What the hell is that?' Trump asked at a rally in Montana. "Has anyone figured that out? It was put out by a Republican."

Hopefully Carter, Clinton and Obama won't be inviting this POS to their state funerals.

You are a very bitter partisan.You should be ashamed of yourself.

Neoconservatives believe in this. I called the Bush family neoconservatives.

Neo Cons are also very, very committed to the growth of the Federal Government and the establishment of Globalist trade policies.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the dogma of NeoCons that would lead anyone to the conclusion that they do not want to regulate everything and take a piece of any action that is happening.

If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

The invasion of Iraq in 1991 wasn't a neoconservative motive?

In that particular case, HW wisely administered the spanking and went home.

This is what we should have done in Afghanistan and we NEVER should have invaded Iraq under Bush at all.

HW had a lifetime of experience in warfare and espionage. W did not.

In that particular case, HW wisely administered the spanking and went home.

This is what we should have done in Afghanistan and we NEVER should have invaded Iraq under Bush at all.

HW had a lifetime of experience in warfare and espionage. W did not.

The keyword you used was spanking. The neocon desire to right wrongs in this country and beyond with American resources and not necessarily for the benefit of America. This is why many dems revered HW. This is why HW teamed with Bill to lead the relief in Haiti, for example: They were of the same mindset. This is why GOP neocons (I don't think there are any in the other party), for example, hate Trump: For one, Trump is more conservative, IMO.

I imagine HW was for border security but against a wall not because it would've been too expensive but because policing the borders conflicted with his desire to allow 'unfortunates' to come to America for a better life.

Last edited:
The keyword you used was spanking. The neocon desire to right wrongs in this country and beyond with American resources and not necessarily for the benefit of America. This is why many dems revered HW. This is why HW teamed with Bill to lead the relief in Haiti, for example. This is why GOP neocons (I don't think there are any in the other party), for example, hate Trump: For one, Trump is more conservative, IMO.

That's probably pretty accurate.

I'm not sure that relief for Haiti equates in any way to invading Iraq or not.

Trump is a Capitalist-Nationalist. I'm not sure his politics really settle into the modern definitions of Con or Lib.

That's probably pretty accurate.

I'm not sure that relief for Haiti equates in any way to invading Iraq or not.

Trump is a Capitalist-Nationalist. I'm not sure his politics really settle into the modern definitions of Con or Lib.

I think Trump is more conservative than HW was. Trump isn't a globalist. I believe Trump wanted the American economy to flourish more so than HW. Trump is more jingoistic. Some consider jingoism (I believe Bush fell into this category) to be a 'bad trait'. I've always wondered why HW was appointed head of the CIA. Wasn't he conflicted in that job?

Last edited:
I think Trump is more conservative than HW was. Trump isn't a globalist. I believe Trump wanted the American economy to flourish more so than HW. Trump is more jingoistic. Some consider jingoism (I believe Bush fell into this category) to be a 'bad trait'. I've always wondered why HW was appointed head of the CIA. Wasn't he conflicted in that job?

Jingoism is a good way to implant an idea. It's like a chant by a mob or a brain worm song.

There are really two economic approaches I've run into in regard to the US economy:

One is to fire up the US economy to the point that all other economies get their share from the overflow.

The other is to assure that all other economies grow and develop and this will reduce their envy and resulting danger they may pose to the US.

I think Trump is of the first mind set and HW was of the second. That said, the USMCA seems to move to enhance the economies of the US and the immediate neighbors.

Being the head of any agency is the role of a great administrator. HW loved being the head of team. I don't recall exactly the circumstance of his appointment, but I seem to recall that they needed a straight arrow at the time.

Last edited:
Jingoism is a good way to implant an idea. It's like a chant by a mob or a brain worm song.

There are really two economic approaches I've run into in regard to the US economy:

One is to fire up the US economy to the point that all other economies get their share from the overflow.

The other is to assure that all other economies grow and develop and this will reduce their envy and resulting danger they may pose to the US.

I think Trump is of the first mind set and HW was of the second. That said, the USMCA seems to move to enhance the economies of the US and the immediate neighbors.

Being the head of any agency is the role of a great administrator. HW loved being the head of team. I don't recall exactly the circumstance of his appointment, but I seem to recall that they needed a straight arrow at the time.

Jingoism is also pride in one's country. If one is a globalist, one doesn't have pride in one's country. This is the confliction belief I have with HW. How could he run the CIA when he's a globalist? Make sure the rest of the world adheres to treaties?

HW was a cold war Establishment Proponent of the American dominance of the world.

Of course this is what he thought.

Telepathic are we? He got us out of Iraq after the 1st gulf war instead of hanging around to give them the "gift" of democracy. like some benevolent political missionary.

Jingoism is also pride in one's country. If one is a globalist, one doesn't have pride in one's country. This is the confliction belief I have with HW. How could he run the CIA when he's a globalist? Make sure the rest of the world adheres to treaties?

A while ago, many years ago, I had a conversation with a person who was saying that one reason for wars was that countries with less would attack countries with more in order to get what they have.

He went on to say that if all countries had equal amounts of wealth, then war would be obsolete as everyone would be happy.

At that time and now, I felt his view was rubbish. The US is a very wealthy country and is envied by residents of other countries wishing they lived here. However, if the US was a poor country with rich residents, attack would be invited.

Even two countries of equal wealth can go to war as the more greedy of the two desires the wealth of the less greedy.

The way people are built, being equal is not good enough for many. Many want to be at least one ahead.

Anyway, the way he described his perfect world, global equality was the solution to global conflict. A Star Trek kind of a world.

In my view, perhaps more cynical than is justified, humans can't enjoy Utopia because we are not Utopians. As long as people are people, we need good gates and locks to protect what is held dear.

HW was a patriot, but also an idealist. Probably the van Gogh of politics. "I could have told you Vincent, this life was never meant for one as beautiful as you."

Last edited:
Telepathic are we? He got us out of Iraq after the 1st gulf war instead of hanging around to give them the "gift" of democracy. like some benevolent political missionary.

He wasn't an idiot.

He could see beyond the next turn in the road.

We all know now that trying to impose the nuanced understandings of a space age culture on a stone age culture is a fool's errand.

He defined what needed to be done. It was accomplished. He needed to get out of the hole so he stopped digging and climbed out.

This would be a good lesson to be learned by about every president that followed.

Back
Top Bottom