• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

President Bush's Job Ratings State by State

Navy Pride said:
What part of that do you not understand?

You have to take it in the context the post itself was made, which means reading the whole post:

Unless the GOP dumps him soon, things are going to get a lot bleaker for the Republican Party.

Now the meaning is pretty clear.

danarhea said:
Bush's job approval rating nationally seems bad enough, but when you break it down, state by state, things look even bleaker. Fact is, Bush's approval is over 50% in only 3 states - Utah, Wyoming, and Alabama. Unless the GOP dumps him soon, things are going to get a lot bleaker for the Republican Party.

Article is here

Wyoming doesn't count - only 5 people live there, and two of them are named Cheney.

KCConservative said:
Then what's the point? :lol: Do you think Bush is lying awake at night worrying about his poll numbers? He's got bigger fish to fry.

Luckily for Bush he doesn't read. I doubt Bubble Boy is even aware.

Ah, these stats make me proud to have been born in Maine and live in Vermont.

KidRocks said:
Three years after the invasion of Iraq, more than half of Americans say the war there has touched their own lives, a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll finds. By 3-1, they call the effect a negative one.
For most, the conflict has hit close to home: Six in 10 say a close friend, family member or co-worker has served in Iraq. More than one in 10 say someone close to them has been killed or wounded there.

That number seems like such bullshit.

There are 300,000,000 people in the country. There have been less than 20,000 wounded or killed in Iraq. That means that there has been one person wounded or killed for every 15000 people in America. So, for more than one in 10 people to say that someone close to them has been killed or wounded there, on average, each soldier would have to be considered to be "close to" 1500 people.

I don't know about you guys, but counting friends, family, and coworkers, I'd consider myself close to maybe 100 people. So if there are 20,000 wounded/killed, that would impact perhaps (at max) 2 million people (who were "close"). That's one out of every 150 people, not one out of every ten. Seems like this poll was off by a factor of 15 or so...

RightatNYU said:
That number seems like such bullshit.

There are 300,000,000 people in the country. There have been less than 20,000 wounded or killed in Iraq. That means that there has been one person wounded or killed for every 15000 people in America. So, for more than one in 10 people to say that someone close to them has been killed or wounded there, on average, each soldier would have to be considered to be "close to" 1500 people.

I don't know about you guys, but counting friends, family, and coworkers, I'd consider myself close to maybe 100 people. So if there are 20,000 wounded/killed, that would impact perhaps (at max) 2 million people (who were "close"). That's one out of every 150 people, not one out of every ten. Seems like this poll was off by a factor of 15 or so...

I use myspace and have 9,000 close friends.

danarhea said, "You act like the solution would be for Democrats and Republicans to kiss and make up. You forget that both parties are corrupt to the core. Unless the American people wake up and make a determination to boot everyone out of office, both Democrat and Republican, who are part of the corruptness in Washington, we will continue to have the kind of sleazy government we deserve."

Boy do I totally agree with you. We will suffer and we are today as a nation because these two parties have so much hate for each other that nothing will ever get done. They are poles apart on every issue and they simply don't care. They only care about destroying the other. Both parties are corrupt and I think not only is the American public getting sick of Bush and the Republicans they are getting sick of all politicians period. People get tired of hearing the same things over and over. The same thing happened when Clinton was on the floor or under his desk in the oval office.

The two parties will never see eye to eye on anything, kissing and making up is an impossibility. I really don't know what the answer is to this one....But I do know this...Our original government you know the one... "of the people, by the people, and for the people" has been transformed into a government of the self-serving two-party system, by the self-serving two-party system, and for the self-serving two-party system.
The fact that around 60-70% of the American people do not vote in mid-term elections, and I think its somehwere around 50% that don’t even bother to vote in the presidential elections... show that people don't care. And why?
They think their vote wont make a difference. Are they right? We need a major third party and independents that stand a chance of winning.

doughgirl said:
danarhea said, "You act like the solution would be for Democrats and Republicans to kiss and make up. You forget that both parties are corrupt to the core. Unless the American people wake up and make a determination to boot everyone out of office, both Democrat and Republican, who are part of the corruptness in Washington, we will continue to have the kind of sleazy government we deserve."

Boy do I totally agree with you. We will suffer and we are today as a nation because these two parties have so much hate for each other that nothing will ever get done. They are poles apart on every issue and they simply don't care. They only care about destroying the other. Both parties are corrupt and I think not only is the American public getting sick of Bush and the Republicans they are getting sick of all politicians period. People get tired of hearing the same things over and over. The same thing happened when Clinton was on the floor or under his desk in the oval office.

The two parties will never see eye to eye on anything, kissing and making up is an impossibility. I really don't know what the answer is to this one....But I do know this...Our original government you know the one... "of the people, by the people, and for the people" has been transformed into a government of the self-serving two-party system, by the self-serving two-party system, and for the self-serving two-party system.
The fact that around 60-70% of the American people do not vote in mid-term elections, and I think its somehwere around 50% that don’t even bother to vote in the presidential elections... show that people don't care. And why?
They think their vote wont make a difference. Are they right? We need a major third party and independents that stand a chance of winning.

Rather then the 2 parties hating one another I think its more the hate the democrats have for President Bush...............They really hate this man in and abnormal way........There is nothing he could say or do short of commit suicide that would satisfy them.........

danarhea said:
Well, I'll just say that some people on this board have a lack of cognitive function. You are correct, of course. I was talking about the Republican party, per se, not Bush, although his coattails are so short right now, he will help virtually no candidate for office this year.

:rofl
No you weren't

Unless the GOP dumps him soon, things are going to get a lot bleaker for the Republican Party.

Rather then the 2 parties hating one another I think its more the hate the democrats have for President Bush...............They really hate this man in and abnormal way........There is nothing he could say or do short of commit suicide that would satisfy them.........

I disagree. While it is quite clear that Democrats hate Bush, it's also pretty clear that Republicans just hate Democrats in general. To name in particular, Hillary Clinton.

So we're even there too.

MidwestLiberal said:
I disagree. While it is quite clear that Democrats hate Bush, it's also pretty clear that Republicans just hate Democrats in general. To name in particular, Hillary Clinton.

So we're even there too.

Hell I don't hate Hillary.I just think she is useless and if not for Bill we would have never heard of her though and I think she is a liberal like you...........

I truly hope she is your partys candidate for prez in 2008.......

"Rather then the 2 parties hating one another I think its more the hate the democrats have for President Bush...............They really hate this man in and abnormal way........There is nothing he could say or do short of commit suicide that would satisfy them........."

Well I can't dissagree with your post...And if he did commit suicide they would show up at his funeral and bash him there like the democrats bashed Bush at Correttas Kings funeral.

doughgirl said:
"Rather then the 2 parties hating one another I think its more the hate the democrats have for President Bush...............They really hate this man in and abnormal way........There is nothing he could say or do short of commit suicide that would satisfy them........."

Well I can't dissagree with your post...And if he did commit suicide they would show up at his funeral and bash him there like the democrats bashed Bush at Correttas Kings funeral.

Yup. Of course, they ignore the fact that they were bashing Clinton the same way. The way I see it, it is the ultimate hypocrisy to bash one president while giving the other a free ride, and this is where the dittohead Republicans and Democrats give themselves away. I would just like to hear a single Republican or Democrat say.........

"They both suck" - Now that would be the unmitigated truth.

Back
Top Bottom