• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Biden's Speech: Killed It! (My Opinion)

Hey guys! I just wanted to make a blog post about Biden's speech today, and I guess fully lay out my thoughts on this.

Hands down, the best speech of his entire career, not just as POTUS. I never have felt more pleased by a Biden speech, and it feels like he aged backwards a few years, because he didn't stumble in this speech at all. I'm very pleased that the Biden administration is taking charge on this angle. Biden's whole thing was running on bipartisanship, which is why he got elected. I think he was intending to bring back the sort of cooperation that he enjoyed as a member of the United States Senate for Delaware. And that's honestly admirable of him; he wasn't my choice for POTUS, but I was very much proud to have voted for him. But 'MAGA Republicans' are a whole different breed. The GOP largely still doesn't accept Biden's 2020 victory, and they defend everything Trump does under the sun, and pushes back at everything the Biden administration is looking to pass for the sake of blocking it. There was absolutely no excuse to vote against the PACT act, but about 20 or so Republicans switched their votes for the sake of blocking it, and only switched them back after they got severly ridiculed by the public, not limited to loads to veteran's advocacy groups. Examples such as this are why I am very glad Biden is taking the trail that he does, and that he did in this speech. You can't be bipartisan with this sort of ridiculousness! This is the crowd retweeting #PedoHitler on Twitter for Christ's sake. I think Biden is actually using his positon as POTUS properly here; as a tool to invigorate his base. Donald Trump, never shied away from using his position as POTUS to get his base going, and look at them; they love him for it. They love him to the point some went as far as committing capital crimes in his name. Biden was always generally mellowed out before this (a lot of the time, anyway), and that's very hard to unite around when we're facing such a big threat to our own democracy and our norms at the moment. We need to have a loud and proud leader that advocates for the right things in the right way, not someone who whimpers into the sunset. I think Joe's focus on an ideological committment to protecting democracy was the right way to frame this speech. This stuff isn't going to go away if we just ignore it; it needs to be addressed head-on, and with a heck a lot of spunk. This is the type of leadership that is going to get our people out to vote in the midterms!

Let me also say again that I am not mixing all Republicans into this. I very much respect all the Republicans/conservatives that do not parrot Trump's idiocy and his lies. It very much sucks that the moderate faction in the Republican party keeps shrinking, but I hope that these people keep going strong. I think this is a great move for the Biden administration, for the Democratic Party, and everyone in the USA that is deeply concerned about how Donald Trump has damaged our democracy in this country. I feel like we've finally got the direction that I've been pining for from this administration.

Heck yes, am I proud to have Joe Biden as my President. This is what I want to see from Joe, and even if the midterms don't go the way that I'd like them too, I hope he doesn't drop this for the remainder of his presidency.

When you're just making shit up I don't think that's possible.

What did I make up? 108,000 overdose deaths? On pace for 2 million border encounters this fiscal year? Exploding crime and defunding the police? The botched withdrawal from Afghanistan? Where, instead of uniting us as they promised, Democrats have sought at every turn to divide us—on issues of race, class, and politics? The highest inflation since 1981? Covid lockdowns? Unprecedented deficit spending with little to show for it?

What did I make up?

A lot.

108,000 overdose deaths?

Are you asking why Biden isn't running around grabbing fetanyl out of everyone's hands?

On pace for 2 million border encounters this fiscal year? Exploding crime and defunding the police?

The botched withdrawal from Afghanistan?

I can't believe this 20 year disaster ended in disaster.

Where, instead of uniting us as they promised, Democrats have sought at every turn to divide us—on issues of race, class, and politics?

Irony.

Covid lockdowns?

that's how you handle pandemics.

Unprecedented deficit spending with little to show for it?

As usual, deficit spending is only a problem when there's a democrat in office.

There are a fair number out there.

There are also many millions of independents who won’t agree with the Democrats on everything, but want no part in MAGA’s fascism and mental break with reality.
I guess you figure if you say it enough, like the Nazi Joseph Goebbels, people will believe you.

<snip>
You don't even understand high school political science and you are trying to start a war!

Now I see where your posts are coming from.

It's always amusing when people who have the least insight seem to have the most to say.

Hey guys! I just wanted to make a blog post about Biden's speech today, and I guess fully lay out my thoughts on this.

Hands down, the best speech of his entire career, not just as POTUS. I never have felt more pleased by a Biden speech, and it feels like he aged backwards a few years, because he didn't stumble in this speech at all. I'm very pleased that the Biden administration is taking charge on this angle. Biden's whole thing was running on bipartisanship, which is why he got elected. I think he was intending to bring back the sort of cooperation that he enjoyed as a member of the United States Senate for Delaware. And that's honestly admirable of him; he wasn't my choice for POTUS, but I was very much proud to have voted for him. But 'MAGA Republicans' are a whole different breed. The GOP largely still doesn't accept Biden's 2020 victory, and they defend everything Trump does under the sun, and pushes back at everything the Biden administration is looking to pass for the sake of blocking it. There was absolutely no excuse to vote against the PACT act, but about 20 or so Republicans switched their votes for the sake of blocking it, and only switched them back after they got severly ridiculed by the public, not limited to loads to veteran's advocacy groups. Examples such as this are why I am very glad Biden is taking the trail that he does, and that he did in this speech. You can't be bipartisan with this sort of ridiculousness! This is the crowd retweeting #PedoHitler on Twitter for Christ's sake. I think Biden is actually using his positon as POTUS properly here; as a tool to invigorate his base. Donald Trump, never shied away from using his position as POTUS to get his base going, and look at them; they love him for it. They love him to the point some went as far as committing capital crimes in his name. Biden was always generally mellowed out before this (a lot of the time, anyway), and that's very hard to unite around when we're facing such a big threat to our own democracy and our norms at the moment. We need to have a loud and proud leader that advocates for the right things in the right way, not someone who whimpers into the sunset. I think Joe's focus on an ideological committment to protecting democracy was the right way to frame this speech. This stuff isn't going to go away if we just ignore it; it needs to be addressed head-on, and with a heck a lot of spunk. This is the type of leadership that is going to get our people out to vote in the midterms!

Let me also say again that I am not mixing all Republicans into this. I very much respect all the Republicans/conservatives that do not parrot Trump's idiocy and his lies. It very much sucks that the moderate faction in the Republican party keeps shrinking, but I hope that these people keep going strong. I think this is a great move for the Biden administration, for the Democratic Party, and everyone in the USA that is deeply concerned about how Donald Trump has damaged our democracy in this country. I feel like we've finally got the direction that I've been pining for from this administration.

Heck yes, am I proud to have Joe Biden as my President. This is what I want to see from Joe, and even if the midterms don't go the way that I'd like them too, I hope he doesn't drop this for the remainder of his presidency.
That only shows to us who know his sub-sub-standard 50 years that you flit from politician to politician.
He was a fool when he interviewed Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas and many others.

The man is a lazy fool

Well, you rambled about everything but his speech.

slo joe Biden is a incompetent, brain dead, useless, individual who should be in a rest home not the White House. He is lucky if he knows what day it is and mumbles and stumbles his way through speech’s and ceremonies and lucky if he can find his way off stage or go up a flight of stairs without falling. Our enemies do not fear us and our allies do not trust us and all this incompetent fool can think about is those mean old republicans. All the while this country and the world goes to hell in a hand basket. This Embarrassament has got to go and the sooner the better..!,

Biden has turned out better than I thought, and my expectations where only as a place holder, to rid the WH of the previous occupant.

But he needs to get those approval numbers up, or he won't be given a second term.
Slo joe is a disgrace and a embarrassment..plain and simple..

"American democracy"

Slo joe is a disgrace and a embarrassment..plain and simple..
Both men at the top of the party tickets fit the description.

But only one of them incited an insurrection Jan 6, 2021.

Well, at least you voted for Joe, there's hope for you.

Joe made a great speech, he always does, any idea that he's slipping or up to no good is only fake news.

It's called reality.

It's called reality.
Reality is a Trump dictatorship ruling with the Antichrist.

Have fun.

Take the New Moon gate before the election, bye bye, have a good time, the portion you leave will be better off than you, what will you do?

Back
Top Bottom