• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Biden Visits With Bob Dole After Learning of His Cancer Diagnosis

You screwed this thread up.... Most would have complemented President Biden for a very kind gesture of visiting Bob Dole who has served his country for so many years!
But you just had to take a swipe again at president Trump. The Trump hate is such a sickness......
I didn't screw anything up, and you need to understand, you don't dictate to any other posters here what they should do in their threads....especially if it's your sick need to suck up to a failed president who served at the pleasure of Mr. Putin, who turned his back on the country and the American people, and who didn't even have the decency to show any remorse for having had a hand in the almost 500,000 deaths of our citizens due to his selfish and incompetent mishandling of a national pandemic.

You are suffering from a sickness. You defend a corrupt conman, a traitor, an egotistical self-loving scumbag. Doesn't say much for you now, does it? Unlike your user name, your posts are always lacking common sense.

It's nice to see politicians, who disagree on policy, can still be cordial. Politics has become far too much of a bloodsport in recent years.

Funny thing is, Bob Dole and Joe Biden aren't actually all that far apart because Biden's sort of a moderate and Barry Goldwater sent Bob a note about two years before he passed away expressing his shock at both of them being labeled as "liberals."

In 1996, he told Bob Dole, whose own presidential campaign received lukewarm support from conservative Republicans: "We're the new liberals of the Republican party. Can you imagine that?"

No question about it, if there were more Bob Doles and Barry Goldwaters and fewer Majorie Taylor-Greenes and Ted Cruz's in the GOP, Biden would be forging bipartisan support for major progress that would benefit everyone regardless of their affiliation.

No question about it, if there were more Bob Doles and Barry Goldwaters and fewer Majorie Taylor-Greenes and Ted Cruz's in the GOP, Biden would be forging bipartisan support for major progress that would benefit everyone regardless of their affiliation.
Exactly, couldn't agree more. We would all be better off.

Exactly, couldn't agree more. We would all be better off.

And here's where it gets entertaining...I can totally imagine both Dole AND Goldwater visiting the Bill Maher show, and cracking jokes about Biden...I mean really roasting him bad, and Biden making a video chat appearance the next week to clap back at them.
Those old school guys stayed true to the notion of working TOGETHER even despite rivalries, and when quitting time came, they often enjoyed each other's company and the company of people on the other side.

Designated loser. It was his turn 30 some odd years ago.

Dole and Biden are contemporaries. Bet Dole is the more aware of the 2.

Did the "former guy" ever do something like President Biden did that was non-partisan ?
The "former guy" rarely did anything that was not selfish. In fact, I am hard pressed to know of a single instance when he did a damned thing for anyone other than himself.

You screwed this thread up.... Most would have complemented President Biden for a very kind gesture of visiting Bob Dole who has served his country for so many years!
But you just had to take a swipe again at president Trump. The Trump hate is such a sickness......

A big thank you to President for take the time to visit Mr.Dole. I have no doubt that he really appreciated the kind visit.
Well wishes to Bob Dole.

Where is Trump's name in his post that you even quoted?

It's wonderful to have President Biden in our White House. He is an adult, a patriot, and a man who truly cares about Americans and not only of himself like his predecessor. He shows concern for all regardless of their political leanings, like he's shown recently in aiding Texas and visiting the ailing Bob Dole. I wish Bob Dole and his family the best.

Biden has class. He knows a true American hero when he sees one.

Bob Dole is a great man.

It's wonderful to have President Biden in our White House. He is an adult, a patriot, and a man who truly cares about Americans and not only of himself like his predecessor. He shows concern for all regardless of their political leanings, like he's shown recently in aiding Texas and visiting the ailing Bob Dole. I wish Bob Dole and his family the best.

Well I've said that I don't think Biden will be a good President, but he's at least going to behave as an adult and with respect to the Office. So that's something I suppose.

Dole certainly had a great run.
WWII service with distinction.
Attorney.
Almost 30 years in the senate.
VP and later Presidential candidate.
Sorry to hear of what appears to be a terminal illness, but again a great life lived.
That would constitute being a 'loser' in Trump's estimation; a serial loser himself in no position to criticise anyone who actually achieved something with their life.

Did the "former guy" ever do something like President Biden did that was non-partisan ?
The former guy (manchild) never acted as a president, he disgraced the office and violated his oath.

Imagine trixare4kids lecturing anyone on non-partisanship, critical thinking, and deciding what the definition of a decent American is.
Hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom