• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Biden,Vice Pres Harris, Speaker Pelosi, Sen Schumer, Sen Bernie, Rep AOC next time Putin comes at us enact sanctions before he invades ...

Razoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
PUTIN is dangerous and insulting we don't have time for such nonsense. If war breaks out there are no winners.

Then he might as well invade and use Ukrainian resources to offset the damage. What's more the Western Alliance is the agressor!

After listening to the incessant whining of the right for the past 2 weeks, it's hard to know who to sanction, Vladimir Putin or Joe Biden. According to at least two dozen cultists on this forum, it's Joe Biden who forced poor Putin to attack by warning the world that Putin was about to attack.

Your idea to play all of our cards before the game starts then have few other cards to play doesn't sound like a winning strategy. Rest assured though, if Trump were still in office he'd be telling us there are no Russians in Ukraine, he heard it from Vlad himself, and our intelligence agencies are all run by deceptive liberals.

Then he might as well invade and use Ukrainian resources to offset the damage. What's more the Western Alliance is the agressor!
As if by magic, there's another one defending Putin and blaming "the west" for a Russian invasion. Of course, it's not the country that attacked another that's the agressor, it's all the countries who didn't!

You sound ridiculous and it wouldn't surprise me if your posts are written in a Russian troll farm.

PUTIN is dangerous and insulting we don't have time for such nonsense. If war breaks out there are no winners.
Sanctions alone won't stop shit. Sanctioning in advance is a bad idea.

I have a better idea....media should stop speculating about what sanctions will be ordered when and by whom in advance. it is utterly ridiculous, counterproductive BULLSHIT!

Putin attacked due to having the support of trump, the House GOP caucus, the Neville GOP senators, and tRumPutins like N. Haley.

After listening to the incessant whining of the right for the past 2 weeks, it's hard to know who to sanction, Vladimir Putin or Joe Biden. According to at least two dozen cultists on this forum, it's Joe Biden who forced poor Putin to attack by warning the world that Putin was about to attack.

Your idea to play all of our cards before the game starts then have few other cards to play doesn't sound like a winning strategy. Rest assured though, if Trump were still in office he'd be telling us there are no Russians in Ukraine, he heard it from Vlad himself, and our intelligence agencies are all run by deceptive liberals.

As if by magic, there's another one defending Putin and blaming "the west" for a Russian invasion. Of course, it's not the country that attacked another that's the agressor, it's all the countries who didn't!

You sound ridiculous and it wouldn't surprise me if your posts are written in a Russian troll farm.
I believe you missunderstood @btthegreat

If Trump had been your president he would say that Russia has right to the Ukraine and he would sign on to Putins rewriting of history.

I believe you missunderstood @btthegreat

If Trump had been your president he would say that Russia has right to the Ukraine and he would sign on to Putins rewriting of history.
Tulsi Gabbard’s favorite ethnic cleanser Assad has recognized Putin’s recognitions of Donetsk and Luhansk.

You completely misconstrued my post. I was arguing against Razoo's idea as expressed in the title of this thread, of imposing sanctions BEFORE Putin attacks Ukraine because there is no longer any incentive for Putin to refrain, and the West looks like the aggressor rather than Russia by acting precipitously. I was not arguing against imposing sanctions once the first troops cross the border. I support the current administration policy and its use of strong economic sanctions and I also support helping Ukraine by selling arms and providing them with such intelligence and support as we can. Nation gobbling is not a sport we should indulge and enable in Europe. Its been done before to unhappy results.

Last edited:
I thought Biden said mother of all sanctions would fall if Russia invaded? Biden lied again and went with his minor incursion route while still calling it an invasion. Democrats have issues with word definitions.

Action/sanctions having significant economic effect should have been started earlier. There's plenty of those action/sanction cards btx NATO and Euro countries, along with the US, to use gradually from the deck. But we gave Putin no reason to back off as soon as he started making threats and taking action that obviously represent how serious Putin was and is in going forward with invading Ukraine and/or doing them harm of an effective kind.

Action/sanctions having significant economic effect should have been started earlier. There's plenty of those action/sanction cards btx NATO and Euro countries, along with the US, to use gradually from the deck. But we gave Putin no reason to back off as soon as he started making threats and taking action that obviously represent how serious Putin was and is in going forward with invading Ukraine and/or doing them harm of an effective kind.
applause applause

early economic sanctions = preventive measure

Agree ...... he done this twice before

We buy about 16 mil barrels of oil a month from Russia. That's about one day's consumption of oil each month coming from Russia. Could we give it up? Would it really be impossible to figure out a way to save that fuel, or maybe buy it from Saudi? Might set an example for Europe? If they all cancelled just one day's worth of oil from Russia each month, that would be a lot of rubles. Nothing short of a fuel sanction will have any effect.

Delayed sanctions did not work ........ now what?

We buy about 16 mil barrels of oil a month from Russia. That's about one day's consumption of oil each month coming from Russia. Could we give it up? Would it really be impossible to figure out a way to save that fuel, or maybe buy it from Saudi? Might set an example for Europe? If they all cancelled just one day's worth of oil from Russia each month, that would be a lot of rubles. Nothing short of a fuel sanction will have any effect.
That could be effective ..............let's begin the boycott now!!!!!

I prefer to go to extremes. Take out Vlad’s oil infrastructure.

Putin attacked due to having the support of trump, the House GOP caucus, the Neville GOP senators, and tRumPutins like N. Haley.
What position does Trump hold that he can provide any support? Hell, he can barely leave his own resort without having issues.

That could be effective ..............let's begin the boycott now!!!!!
I've got 4 good bicycles and to good feet = stop buying oil from Russia. We sent millions of USA jobs to China and have been buying millions of barrels of oil from Russia which in my eyes is unAmerican activities .

I thought Biden said mother of all sanctions would fall if Russia invaded? Biden lied again and went with his minor incursion route while still calling it an invasion. Democrats have issues with word definitions.
Republicans have issues with Patriotism.

Tulsi Gabbard’s favorite ethnic cleanser Assad has recognized Putin’s recognitions of Donetsk and Luhansk.
Got a quote?

When in the history of sanctions have they worked? The only thing I see sanctions doing is hurting the powerless and poor that live in those countries while the elites keep on living lives of luxury.

What position does Trump hold that he can provide any support? Hell, he can barely leave his own resort without having issues.
Hello Neville ‘Fishking’ Putin. You support the co-leader of the GOP, Vlad the invader.

Hello Neville ‘Fishking’ Putin. You support the co-leader of the GOP, Vlad the invader.
Sorry, what was that? Did you make your post using Mad Libs? You didn't answer the question. What position does Trump hold that he can support anyone's actions?

Who single handedly caused the loss to the world market of this petroleum supply, the cessation of international monitoring of the nuclear weapons development efforts and the significant acceleration of that development?

February 23, 2022
"Iran’s foreign minster said on Wednesday that it wants to settle the remaining issues in the coming days, but that it won’t concede on its red lines “under any conditions.” Any restoration of Iranian barrels to the global market would help ease tightness.

The U.S. is in discussions with oil exporters and importers to try to smooth fallout from any escalation in hostilities and sanctions, Daleep Singh, Biden’s deputy national security advisor, said at the White House. The talks include the possibility of tapping strategic oil reserves on top of the plan announced last year, he said.
At the same time, Brent crude’s premium to U.S. oil futures surged to nearly US$5 a barrel, the most since April, 2020. The international benchmark is getting stronger from the fear of possible disruptions of energy supplies as Russia-Ukraine tensions escalate, said Spencer Vosko, director for crude oil at Black Diamond Commodities LLC. “Here in the U.S., WTI is somewhat shielded from it since North American production is seen as growing once again,” added Vosko. Meanwhile in the Persian Gulf, Iran is moving more oil onto ships to speed up exports should the Iran nuclear deal be revived. While it would need a few months to ramp up production, Iran could restore about 1 million barrels a day of supply to global markets, Vitol Group CEO Russell Hardy said in a Bloomberg Television interview this week. ,"

Many Americans Want Talks With Iran, Even if a Deal Won't ...​

https://morningconsult.com › iran-nuclear-deal-poll

Jan 10, 2022 — "Most American voters still support the 2015 Iran nuclear deal and believe ... political credibility at home, making concessions harder."

Sanctions alone won't stop shit. Sanctioning in advance is a bad idea.

I have a better idea....media should stop speculating about what sanctions will be ordered when and by whom in advance. it is utterly ridiculous, counterproductive BULLSHIT!
Really? You can't stop something from happening after it's happened.

Back
Top Bottom