• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Biden Offers Texas Governor Even More Federal Disaster Relief

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It's good to see President Biden acting quickly and giving crucial aid to Texas and its Governor, unlike his predecessor, he's concerned about the well being of all Americans, regardless of political affiliation.

After granting relief to winter storm-torn Texas earlier this week, President Joe Biden on Thursday offered the state and its neighbors additional resources as needed, the White House said – a noticeable departure from former President Donald Trump’s approach to disaster relief and a sign of how Biden will handle relationships with even Republican governors.

Biden spoke by phone with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, about the winter storm that has left hundreds of thousands of Texas residents without power and many lacking food and water, according to a readout released by the White House.

The readout says Biden told Abbott the federal government will “continue to work hand-in-hand with state and local authorities” and promised to “instruct federal agencies to look into any immediate steps that could be taken to support Texans.”

It's good to see President Biden acting quickly and giving crucial aid to Texas and its Governor, unlike his predecessor, he's concerned about the well being of all Americans, regardless of political affiliation.

Glad Biden is coming through with this. It's a shame that a Republican governor who just signed an EO trying to oppose clean energy can't acknowledge his hypocrisy of accepting help from Washington.

Its almost like adults are back in charge.

Yeah. THose 60 generators Biden sent to Texas solved the whole damn crisis

It is great to see a President who acts as he said he would, a President for all Americans regardless of politics, rather than favour his loyalists and punish his perceived enemies.

Last edited:
Yeah. THose 60 generators Biden sent to Texas solved the whole damn crisis
Biden should have tossed about five cases of paper towels at them. :rolleyes:

Biden should have tossed about five cases of paper towels at them. :rolleyes:
LOL He took yesterday off and spent it back in the WH basement because it was snowing. Old habits are hard to break.

I support this, but I will say that it was colder in Minnesota by a lot, and we didn't have any blackouts.

I support this, but I will say that it was colder in Minnesota by a lot, and we didn't have any blackouts.
It was cold by me too in Colorado, below zero at night and single digits and teens during the day......but, thankfully I don't live in Texas, regardless of weather. ;) I have a close relative who lives there, she said her area still had electricity, but places near here had their power out. Glad she's okay. I wish the best for all affected there.

It was cold by me too in Colorado, below zero at night and single digits and teens during the day......but, thankfully I don't live in Texas, regardless of weather. ;) I have a close relative who lives there, she said her area still had electricity, but places near here had their power out. Glad she's okay. I wish the best for all affected there.

Hell, we had a few days where it didn't get above zero. There are a few every winter. Happens.

My Grandmother and Aunt live in Texas. From what I hear they are in good shape.

Hell, we had a few days where it didn't get above zero. There are a few every winter. Happens.

My Grandmother and Aunt live in Texas. From what I hear they are in good shape.
Yep, it happens. Good to know your grandmother and aunt are doing okay. 👍

Biden's first big test and he failed miserably.This historic storm was known about a week in advance.This is Biden's Katrina moment.

Biden's first big test and he failed miserably.This historic storm was known about a week in advance.This is Biden's Katrina moment.
The State of Texas failed. Plus, Federal Disaster Relief isn't declared prior to an event.

He's too busy going on Hannity and bitching about windmills.

If all the windmill power was generated by coal there would be far fewer power problems.

Yeah, but windmills cause cancer.
Well there’s no way to know they don’t. There hasn’t been decades of double blind studies to disprove such a claim.

Well there’s no way to know they don’t. There hasn’t been decades of double blind studies to disprove such a claim.

If that's what you need to tell yourself to keep yourself in the cult.

There's also no evidence that they do,

How much did the Q caucus twins of Greene and Boebert raise for their 2A cowgirls and cowboys in Texas?

Back
Top Bottom