• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Biden humiliates FOX News’ Peter Doocy

Yeah. Let's give away our response ahead of time to "specific" major things during a international crisis. That would be really, really smart.

Someone must have gotten through the fog in Joe's head for him to finally stop broadcasting to Putin what he'll do. That "Red line" wasn't very effective for Obama either.

Yeah. Let's give away our response ahead of time to "specific" major things during a international crisis. That would be really, really smart.

Biden is right. There's no sense drawing red lines that will just have to be ignored when the time comes.

Hell, Biden made the mistake of telling China bad things will happen if they side with Russia in regard to the sanctions. Well, guess what...China is disregarding the sanctions.

What is Biden going to do now? Is he going to stop the US from doing business with China? I doubt it. No...he'll just ignore the red line like Obama did.

Biden is right. There's no sense drawing red lines that will just have to be ignored when the time comes.

Hell, Biden made the mistake of telling China bad things will happen if they side with Russia in regard to the sanctions. Well, guess what...China is disregarding the sanctions.

What is Biden going to do now? Is he going to stop the US from doing business with China? I doubt it. No...he'll just ignore the red line like Obama did.
if i've learned one thing on this board it's not to listen to "strategy" opinions from regular ole trump republicans.

I thought President Biden just pointed out to China that a lot of the folks they do business with don't appreciate what Russia is up to at the moment and it could cost China some business.

In what way is China disregarding the sanctions?

I thought President Biden just pointed out to China that a lot of the folks they do business with don't appreciate what Russia is up to at the moment and it could cost China some business.

please keep in mind that international politics is like a game of poker AND that a lot of the arguments that people have regarding international politics are just people using hammers to score points.

they don't even consider the game. they're just looking for a nail.

China does most of their business with the US.

What do you think Slo-Joe and his puppet masters are going to do about it?

I think they'll ignore their red line.

HONG KONG — Chinese state energy company Sinopec will continue to buy crude oil and gas from Russia, a top executive said on Monday, even as Western democracies step up sanctions in response to the country’s invasion of Ukraine.

The company, known formally as China Petroleum and Chemical, is involved in two major projects in Russia: an oil and gas production joint venture called Taihu in the Volga-Ural petroleum basin in western Russia with state-owned peer Rosneft, and the development of the Amur gas chemical complex and processing plant with Sibur in the Russian Far East, adjoining China.

Sinopec holds a 10% stake in privately owned Sibur.

During his company’s annual results call on Monday, Sinopec President Yu Baocai noted that it bought both crude and gas from Russia last year.

“We will also continue to do so in accordance to commercial principles and international trade regulations in the future with all trading partners in order to develop normal oil and gas trading cooperation,” he said.

Yu provided no figures, but said the buying is in line with the company’s strategy of “diversifying import sources.” Key considerations, he said, include supply types, price, transport costs, tariffs and supply stability.

Referring to Sinopec’s projects in Russia, Yu said that both are “operating stably in general for the time being, and there are no indications of impairment.”

HONG KONG — Chinese state energy company Sinopec will continue to buy crude oil and gas from Russia, a top executive said on Monday, even as Western democracies step up sanctions in response to the country’s invasion of Ukraine.
The company, known formally as China Petroleum and Chemical, is involved in two major projects in Russia: an oil and gas production joint venture called Taihu in the Volga-Ural petroleum basin in western Russia with state-owned peer Rosneft, and the development of the Amur gas chemical complex and processing plant with Sibur in the Russian Far East, adjoining China.
During his company’s annual results call on Monday, Sinopec President Yu Baocai noted that it bought both crude and gas from Russia last year.
“We will also continue to do so in accordance to commercial principles and international trade regulations in the future with all trading partners in order to develop normal oil and gas trading cooperation,” he said.
Yu provided no figures, but said the buying is in line with the company’s strategy of “diversifying import sources.” Key considerations, he said, include supply types, price, transport costs, tariffs and supply stability.
Referring to Sinopec’s projects in Russia, Yu said that both are “operating stably in general for the time being, and there are no indications of impairment.”
Biden didn't draw a Red line. No need to fuss.

Reactions: JMR
Biden didn't draw a Red line. No need to fuss.
President Biden made clear the implication and consequences of China providing material support — if China were to provide material support — to Russia as it prosecutes its brutal war in Ukraine, not just for China’s relationship with the United States but for the wider world.

Sounds like a red line to me.

President Biden made clear the implication and consequences of China providing material support — if China were to provide material support — to Russia as it prosecutes its brutal war in Ukraine, not just for China’s relationship with the United States but for the wider world.​

Even Xi is laughing at Doocy. What an idiot!! Lol. Don't be a Debbie Downer. Biden made a fool of Doocy. Xi is irrelevant to the topic.

President Biden made clear the implication and consequences of China providing material support — if China were to provide material support — to Russia as it prosecutes its brutal war in Ukraine, not just for China’s relationship with the United States but for the wider world.​

President Biden made clear the implication and consequences of China providing material support — if China were to provide material support — to Russia as it prosecutes its brutal war in Ukraine, not just for China’s relationship with the United States but for the wider world...

First, I wanted to ask if President Biden warned Xi Jinping specifically about sanctions, or did he refer to more vague consequences should China provide any support for Russia in the war? And regardless, what was Xi’s response to that?

SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL: Of course. Well, thanks, Michael. So, you know, as I mentioned, the President described the implications, you know, if China provides material support to Russia as it prosecutes this brutal war, but I’m not going to talk — I’m not going to, sort of, publicly lay out our options from here.

I'm not seeing it.

And continuing to buy Russian oil isn't 'material support' of the war, is it?

That would be a dumb move. Why even ask the question?

I thought they were pulling out?

I have to assume that Doocy has some significant background as a journalist to land the spot he has on FOX News, but his repeated seeming blockheaded-ness makes me worry.

I am glad Biden did not respond to the question the way he did for the question: "What if Putin uses chemical weapons?" To which Biden said: "We will respond in kind".

I am glad Biden did not respond to the question the way he did for the question: "What if Putin uses chemical weapons?" To which Biden said: "We will respond in kind".

Yep. And our policy is a gas is a germ is a nuke.

Our only response is nukes.

Biden may say things you don't agree with, but thus far, his policies regarding Ukraine have been measured.

Back
Top Bottom