• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President abandons Mar-a-Lago NYE party as Secret Service drops loyalists from Biden detail

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
President abandons Mar-a-Lago NYE party as Secret Service drops loyalists from Biden detail
Donald Trump is returning early to Washington on Thursday, cutting short his Christmas break and missing out on the annual New Year’s Eve party at his Florida residence Mar-a-Lago despite charging attendees $1,000 per ticket.

Back in DC, the president will continue his protest against the certification of November’s election results in the Senate on 6 January, at which Republican senator Josh Hawley will voice Republican objections to Democrat Joe Biden’s win even though the Trump campaign has still failed to turn up any evidence of the mass voter fraud it alleges.

The US Secret Service is meanwhile reportedly making changes to its presidential detail tasked with protecting Mr Biden in order to root out alleged Trump loyalists from its ranks.

=============
These seem to be two different news stories.

One is that the Secret Service is concerned that there are Trump loyalists on Biden's detail. Why? Do they suspect they'll try to do him harm or not stop others from doing him harm? This is worrisome.

The other story is that Trump won't be at the Mar-a-Largesse New Years party, that he charged $1,000 each, with the expectation that guests will mingle with him. Good luck getting your money back. There's a Trump-U student born every minute.

I should have invested in Apple when it first came out.

I should have bought bitcoin when it was worth one dollar.

I should have gotten into the business of bilking trump supporters since it seems they have a bottomless appetite for getting bilked.

Donald Trump is returning early to Washington on Thursday, cutting short his Christmas break and missing out on the annual New Year’s Eve party at his Florida residence Mar-a-Lago despite charging attendees $1,000 per ticket.

Back in DC, the president will continue his protest against the certification of November’s election results in the Senate on 6 January, at which Republican senator Josh Hawley will voice Republican objections to Democrat Joe Biden’s win even though the Trump campaign has still failed to turn up any evidence of the mass voter fraud it alleges.

The US Secret Service is meanwhile reportedly making changes to its presidential detail tasked with protecting Mr Biden in order to root out alleged Trump loyalists from its ranks.

=============

One is that the Secret Service is concerned that there are Trump loyalists on Biden's detail. Why? Do they suspect they'll try to do him harm or not stop others from doing him harm? This is worrisome.

The other story is that Trump won't be at the Mar-a-Largesse New Years party, that he charged $1,000 each, with the expectation that guests will mingle with him. Good luck getting your money back. There's a Trump-U student born every minute.
RE: Secret Service. We can't have any Trump Deep State people being able to leak inside dirt on Biden, now, can we?

RE: Leaving Mar-a-Lago. Maybe Trump has something better to do.

Or maybe Trump is leaving Mar-a-Lago because he didn't like his wife's new renovations. Apparently, she didn't use enough gold leaf.

It shouldn't be too hard to pick out the Trump loyalists from the SS.....they're likely the ones who refused to wear a mask.

=============

I think they are two different stories. Remember Biden had a Secret Service team when he was Vice President. I'm sure most, if not all those agents, are still active. He knows them and they know him. So they can make the transition very seamless with virtually no learning curve of each other's habits so that makes complete sense. I do have some concerns however that something more sinister might be afoot. There has been a very large uptick is US military activity in respect to the Middle East. There have been multiple flights of B52s from the US and other bases overflying the Middle East near Iran over the past week. There appears a high state of alert ahead of the 1 year anniversary of the US drone/missile attack on that Iranian General in Iraq. There was also an apparent rocket attack on the US embassy in Bagdad suspected to have been perpetrated by Shiite militia forces with Iranian ties. There was also a rocket attack on the airport in Yemen that may have been targeting a plane carrying government official that killed over 20 people. So I fear Dickhead's parting gift to America could possibly be a war with Iran. You just know that there is nothing Cadet Bone-spurs would like to than to throw a monkey wrench into Biden's foreign policy plans for the Middle East

RE: Secret Service. We can't have any Trump Deep State people being able to leak inside dirt on Biden, now, can we?

Like what has he got better to do? He sure hasn't been leading the country for the last couple of months he has been too busy crying and making up lies about the election
Have a nice evening

I think they are two different stories. Remember Biden had a Secret Service team when he was Vice President. I'm sure most, if not all those agents, are still active. He knows them and they know him. So they can make the transition very seamless with virtually no learning curve of each other's habits so that makes complete sense. I do have some concerns however that something more sinister might be afoot. There has been a very large uptick is US military activity in respect to the Middle East. There have been multiple flights of B52s from the US and other bases overflying the Middle East near Iran over the past week. There appears a high state of alert ahead of the 1 year anniversary of the US drone/missile attack on that Iranian General in Iraq. There was also an apparent rocket attack on the US embassy in Bagdad suspected to have been perpetrated by Shiite militia forces with Iranian ties. There was also a rocket attack on the airport in Yemen that may have been targeting a plane carrying government official that killed over 20 people. So I fear Dickhead's parting gift to America could possibly be a war with Iran. You just know that there is nothing Cadet Bone-spurs would like to than to throw a monkey wrench into Biden's foreign policy plans for the Middle East
Yes right now I wouldn't put anything pass Trump if he can do something to hurt or mess up Biden's time in office , no matter how big or small it is.
He is that petty and a real low life scumbag
have a nice evening

Best to rid trump loyalists out of his security detachment since trumpanzees are out there yelling about civil war and all.

So the Secret Service is going to have a political litmus test on its agents and remove professional civil servants those from the presidential detail who are deemed not loyal to Mr. Biden?
Gee whiz, you guys saw signs of tyranny and authoritarianism when Trump did this in the NSC with Vindman and all that.
Nice to know that you folks don't quite have those high ethical standards that you like to think you do.

No big deal, presidential details change with presidents. I know that because my brother-in-law was a Federal agent. The middle east activity is always concerning. Also, Donnie Dirt Bag is still asking for his people to contribute money to his cause. I know that, because one of my many cousins, made the mistake of forwarding a meme of Trump's money plea to me on facebook. I gave him a reply he will not like and snoozed him for a while. He's a religious nut cousin.

So the Secret Service is going to have a political litmus test on its agents....
:rolleyes:

No one is getting fired.

This is not a sign of authoritarianism.

It's downright routine to change Secret Service assignments during a transition. In this case, Biden is going to continue with agents who covered him when he was VP.

Are you really that desperate to find anything negative to say about Biden? Yeesh.

So the Secret Service is going to have a political litmus test on its agents and remove professional civil servants those from the presidential detail who are deemed not loyal to Mr. Biden?
Gee whiz, you guys saw signs of tyranny and authoritarianism when Trump did this in the NSC with Vindman and all that.
Nice to know that you folks don't quite have those high ethical standards that you like to think you do.
And what are the consequences for America when Biden changes out his personal security detail? Nothing.

Secret Service agents are not in charge of administering the functions of government to the rest of us. So long as Biden is safe, this has no effect on the running of the government.

And what are the consequences for America when Biden changes out his personal security detail? Nothing.

Secret Service agents are not in charge of administering the functions of government to the rest of us. So long as Biden is safe, this has no effect on the running of the government.

Other than politicizing the operation of permanent government employees and agencies.

:rolleyes:

No one is getting fired.

This is not a sign of authoritarianism.

It's downright routine to change Secret Service assignments during a transition. In this case, Biden is going to continue with agents who covered him when he was VP.

Are you really that desperate to find anything negative to say about Biden? Yeesh.

Oh, I have no issue with such changes. As somebody said, Biden certainly knows some agents and maybe he is comfortable with them and so on.

It's terribly amusing though that the STANDARDS have changed--- now, in 2021, it's acceptable for the elected and politically appointed officials of government to demand loyalty from career government officials.
It's not so much a slam on Biden as a slam on those who thought until yesterday such loyalty tests were dangerous to the county.

Like getting Operation Snails Pace back on track? Like addressing the nation about the horrors of 4000+ Americans dying everyday from Covid? I know that none of that is why he is back. He only cares about himself and his massive loss to Biden in the election. The one term mistake will keep making is regret he was ever elected until the day he dies.

Other than politicizing the operation of permanent government employees and agencies.
What's political about a willingness to protect Biden? If they are assigned to Biden, that is literally their job description.

Oh, I have no issue with such changes. As somebody said, Biden certainly knows some agents and maybe he is comfortable with them and so on.

It's terribly amusing though that the STANDARDS have changed--- now, in 2021, it's acceptable for the elected and politically appointed officials of government to demand loyalty from career government officials.
It's not so much a slam on Biden as a slam on those who thought until yesterday such loyalty tests were dangerous to the county.
LOL So you think not wanting Trumpists to be protecting Biden is the same as demanding personal loyalty from posts like FBI Director or Secretary of Defense? Those are the posts that demand loyalty to the Constitution first not the secret service. I can see this transition is not going to be easy for you, You are going to fight it tooth and nail no matter how dumb it makes you look.

I see you do have a sense of humor.

RE: Secret Service: Damn we thought we had it rigged to keep Trump in office. They replaced our insider job people.

Re" Leaving Mar-a-Logo. Maybe Trump got bored with his winning at golf.

You really think that Congress is going to declare war on Iran in the next twenty days? Please.

LOL So you think not wanting Trumpists to be protecting Biden is the same as demanding personal loyalty from posts like FBI Director or Secretary of Defense? Those are the posts that demand loyalty to the Constitution first not the secret service. I can see this transition is not going to be easy for you, You are going to fight it tooth and nail no matter how dumb it makes you look.

The Secret Service are professionals. They do not owe their jobs to political partronage. It shouldn't matter their political opinions.
Meanwhile, The Sec of Defense is absolutely a political appointee, and an FBI director is sort of.
In other words, you have it backwards.

What's political about a willingness to protect Biden? If they are assigned to Biden, that is literally their job description.

The OP here is citing an article talking about removal of Secret Service agents from their positions because of their political opinions.
And a lot of people on this thread think its a good idea.
You are correct-- it shouldn't matter for whom those agents voted.

Last edited:
You really think that Congress is going to declare war on Iran in the next twenty days? Please.

It would be a fair request that Trump not upset the applecart during the transition.
Unfortunately, the Obama/Biden Admin had upset the applecart during the 2016 transition with respect to Russia-- and for the past four years these same guys hereabouts have been saying Obama was president, we have one president at a time, and Trump would have to deal with whatever Obama left him.
The same rule can apply now.

=============

I've heard some reporting that it wasn't the grift, but the fear of appearing before his 'friends' at the party as a loser. What a loser.

I should have invested in Apple when it first came out.

I should have bought bitcoin when it was worth one dollar.

I should have gotten into the business of bilking trump supporters since it seems they have a bottomless appetite for getting bilked.
I didn't when it first came out, but I did in 06 and am glad I did. Boy, am I glad....

Yes, shouldn't we have all...

It's this type of reasoning that caused your first two regrets (and myriad others, I'm sure)

Back
Top Bottom