• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President abandons Mar-a-Lago NYE party as Secret Service drops loyalists from Biden detail

One would suspect that Trump "loyalists" (whatever that is) voted for Trump.
Voting is anonymous. It's pretty much impossible for Biden to use that as a criteria. You don't actually know how "loyalty" was determined. Some secret service have been seen not wearing mask around Trump, for example. That lack of professionalism and danger presented to others would be an immediate red flag for a job as important and prestigious as guarding the President/President-Elect.

The US Secret Service is meanwhile reportedly making changes to its presidential detail tasked with protecting Mr Biden in order to root out alleged Trump loyalists from its ranks.

This they should have done for President Donald Trump.

Biden is well aware of dirty tricks and wants to make sure he has no enemies like Trump our great president has.

The US Secret Service is meanwhile reportedly making changes to its presidential detail tasked with protecting Mr Biden in order to root out alleged Trump loyalists from its ranks.

This they should have done for President Donald Trump.

Biden is well aware of dirty tricks and wants to make sure he has no enemies like Trump our great president has.
Trump corrupts everything he touches.

Except for the obvious fact that trump supporters live in an alternate reality, with a distinct recent history. Which by definition is "insanity".

So no crazy people on presidential details. And in a couple of weeks, no crazy people in the whitehouse either.
Biden is crazy.

Take this nonsense to the basement.

"Except for the obvious fact that trump supporters live in an alternate reality, with a distinct recent history. Which by definition is "insanity".

I should have invested in Apple when it first came out.

I should have bought bitcoin when it was worth one dollar.

I should have gotten into the business of bilking trump supporters since it seems they have a bottomless appetite for getting bilked.

Sure. And following that line of thinking, I should have bought 8 million cans of Lysol a year ago. How do you know anybody is getting "bilked??" You don't. Thanks!!

Sure. And following that line of thinking, I should have bought 8 million cans of Lysol a year ago. How do you know anybody is getting "bilked??" You don't. Thanks!!

You know you're going to get bilked if the person you're giving your money to has a long, loud and public history of bilking people. But there's a type of person who sees all the people getting bilked and thinks, "I will not be tricked because I am different." And those people are always bilked.

The only headline I want to see is about a Party that abandons Trump!

You know you're going to get bilked if the person you're giving your money to has a long, loud and public history of bilking people. But there's a type of person who sees all the people getting bilked and thinks, "I will not be tricked because I am different." And those people are always bilked.
Good point except that he's too vulnerable and way too scrutinized to bilk so much as a vending machine. Thanks!!

Then they should act like professionals. The Secret Service Presidential detail primary mission is to protect the President from threats. The corona virus is a potential threat. They therefore should've been wearing masks whenever they were around the President. For his protection. Not just their own.

Perhaps they were instructed not to.
But this is all a deflection from the story which states that only Biden loyalists need apply.
Just like Barr was never Mr. Trump's personal lawyer, neither is the Secret Service Mr. Biden's Praetorian Guard.

Loyal Trumpists were never picked for their expertise or even competency so I doubt any of those dismissed qualify as professionals in anything but kissing Trumps ass. They all need to be purged.

The search for the deep-state begins anew...

It is amusing that some may forget that Trump fired the head usher of the White House very early on in his tenure. No reason was ever given by the White House for the firing. She was a person of color hired by Obama, so that might have something to do with it.

No reason has to be given. If Trump wishes a new head usher, thats the end of it.
If Mr. Biden wishes to be protected directly by agents he knew as VP, nothing wrong either.
The story however spoke of rooting out Trump loyalists, as if the political opinions of the agents should matter.
And apparently, for many on this thread, they think it should matter.

i recall there being a secret service security detail member who was able to leave the organization in order to oversee tRump campaign planning
a secret service member with such "credentials" does not strike me as being an unbiased member of the security team

We just spent the last four years hearing stories about how Trump went after all the professionals in the government, how they were demoralized by him ect ect ect
Now we are saying that only people who supported Biden ought be on his presidential detail?

No reason has to be given. If Trump wishes a new head usher, thats the end of it.
If Mr. Biden wishes to be protected directly by agents he knew as VP, nothing wrong either.
The story however spoke of rooting out Trump loyalists, as if the political opinions of the agents should matter.
And apparently, for many on this thread, they think it should matter.
What story? I find the OP has posted a link to Yahoo which mentions a story in The Independent which mentions a story in RT, a Russian propoganda rag. Is there a link to an actual report of the purging of Trump loyalists?

Perhaps they were instructed not to.
But this is all a deflection from the story which states that Biden only wishes loyalists as security.
Just like Barr was never Mr. Trump's personal lawyer, neither is the Secret Service Mr. Biden's Praetorian Guard.
Instructed not do by who? Trump? You just say sorry sir. Just doing my job. Conforming to, or promoting your political messaging isn't a part of it. And for Christ's sake Trump was permitted to keep his own private 'praetorian guard' in addition to his assigned Secret Service detail. Which cost American taxpayers millions of additional dollars. Biden as the President-elect is entitled to have the team he prefers and trusts. If there are Secret Service agents who allowed themselves to come under the Trump's political influence than that is a potential problem for the peaceful transition of power given that we have for the first time a President who has openly stated that he is not inclined to accept the results of the election and maybe even refuse to leave the White House.

What story? I find the OP has posted a link to Yahoo which mentions a story in The Independent which mentions a story in RT, a Russian propoganda rag. Is there a link to an actual report of the purging of Trump loyalists?

Post 48 from links to an article from the Washington Post.

Instructed not do by who? Trump? You just say sorry sir. Just doing my job. Conforming to, or promoting your political messaging isn't a part of it. And for Christ's sake Trump was permitted to keep his own private 'praetorian guard' in addition to his assigned Secret Service detail. Which cost American taxpayers millions of additional dollars. Biden as the President-elect is entitled to have the team he prefers and trusts. If there are Secret Service agents who allowed themselves to come under the Trump's political influence than that is a potential problem for the peaceful transition of power given that we have for the first time a President who has openly stated that he is not inclined to accept the results of the election and maybe even refuse to leave the White House.

I have no issue with Biden choosing security with whom he is comfortable. Who would care?
But that isn't the story, is it? The story is about driving out supposed Trump loyalists; that is to say establishing a political litmus test amongst the supposedly non-political agencies of government.

Post 48 from links to an article from the Washington Post.
Thank you for pointing that out, I had missed that link.

Though I have to say that eliminating agents who encouraged others to not wear masks, and who actively planned spreading event rallies are not a good fit for a Biden administration. I am not in favor of categorically eliminating Republicans or Trump voters...just those who embraced the most ridiculous aspects. This is hardly a "litmus test"

The search for the deep-state begins anew...
It called the restoration of our values. We don't value corruption like the one term mistake does. If we are lucky we will be able to hire back the lifelong public servants that he fired to replace with his corrupt and incompetent cronies.

Thank you for pointing that out, I had missed that link.

Though I have to say that eliminating agents who encouraged others to not wear masks, and who actively planned spreading event rallies are not a good fit for a Biden administration. I am not in favor of categorically eliminating Republicans or Trump voters...just those who embraced the most ridiculous aspects. This is hardly a "litmus test"
Most of the replacements the one term mistake hired were incompetent cronies who's only attraction was their blind loyalty and willingness to lie and take bribes. I favor rooting all those out as soon as possible. Luckily the Federal Govt. is severely understaffed and there are fewer Trump appointments because of that.

Reactions: JMR
I have no issue with Biden choosing security with whom he is comfortable. Who would care?
But that isn't the story, is it? The story is about driving out supposed Trump loyalists; that is to say establishing a political litmus test amongst the supposedly non-political agencies of government.
No that IS the story. Because having a team that is familiar with him and he is familiar with them makes total sense. The Secret Service is suppose to be a apolitical in terms of how they do their jobs. Nobody cares how they vote or if they vote. That's personal and private. What matters is their professional conduct. A senior agent accepting a political position in the White House would certainly be contrary to being apolitical. So there certainly is a problem here and it best to nip it in the bud before Jan. 20 and take no chances. Because unfortunately this President's disgraceful delusions are actively advancing one of the Russian election interference operation's primary goals of sowing doubts and confidence in the legitimacy of our elections are making these kind of unprecedented precautions necessary.

The story with the SS is that Trump cultists can not be trusted and we need to have Biden safely guarded. I do think the fact that Harris succeed him as President is a good insurance policy for Biden though. And then comes NANCY!!

Back
Top Bottom