• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Presenting an exciting new feature of Debate Politics...The Loft!

Zyphlin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Debate Politics is proud to announce the opening of an exciting addition to our forums…The Loft. The Loft is a new location focused on polite and cooperative discussions rather than the spirited and impassioned debates that is the goal and staple of the primary forums. A full explanation of The Loft can be found in its welcoming post found at this link.

This new area will become visible to all forum goers beginning today, allowing them to view and observe the interesting discussions taking place there. Posting access to The Loft will be opened over the next few weeks to slowly allow it to integrate into the fabric of Debate Politics. Starting today Platinum Donators will have posting access to The Loft. In the near future posting will open to Gold, and then to Silver, donators. At that point The Loft will be accessible to any person with any active donation on their account, as a perk for helping to support the forums.

For those that will begin posting in The Loft, please be sure to check the Guildelines prior to it to best help maintain the atmosphere and civility of the area.

Thanks to those that helped get this section off the ground. Hope you enjoy the conversations with your fellow loungers in The Loft. Now kick your feet up and enjoy, happy posting!

-edit 11/22/10- Posting now open for Gold Members.

-edit 11/29/10- Posting now open for Silver Members.

Last edited:
Is it going to stay restricted to donors? :sigh:

Last edited:
Is it going to stay restricted to donors?

For the foreseeable future. Anything and everything is subject to change. If we find that keeping it donor only is a problem, then it could change. If it works as well as we hope, probably not.

Well then, I am real excited too. :sarcasticclap

Having certain features just for donors is quite pathetic.

It's a kind way of saying 'screw you' to those that are not as privileged as others. Next thing we know, it will turn into an elitist section that only assuages the ego of those who can post in it.

It's a kind way of saying 'screw you' to those that are not as privileged as others. Next thing we know, it will turn into an elitist section that only assuages the ego of those who can post in it.

What do you mean by "priveledged"?

Dude, relax.

It's not some conspiracy or cool club.

There are a number of features only for donors already. Early access into the Tavern and custom titles for example, or a larger PM box. Ultimately however we have a lot of individuals on this board who go out of their way to help contribute to the forum. Personally, and I speak only for myself here, I don't think there's anything wrong with offering up bonuses or perks to those who use their finances to help keep the place running for not only them but for all those that can't or don't donate as well.

Additionally, if we were capping The Loft to only Platinum donators I would perhaps suggest you have a point. Or if our donations were $20 a month. However, at the end of the launch anyone with a silver donation will be able to post in The Loft. That comes out to someone needing to save roughly $0.83 a month. If you drink Soda routinely, that's one less soda a month. If you go out to fast food that's getting a small fry instead of a large fry once. And if somehow, someway, you desperately want to post in The Loft but honest to goodness have no ability to save up $5 over a 6 month span I have no doubt there is a large number of posters that would happily donate in your stead.

There are forty-five open forums for all members, and that’s not including things like the announcements or rules forum nor counting the Basement/Tavern. There is currently only one singular forum that is for donators only, and even then it is viewable by all. Mind you, those forty-five others managed to be maintained and available in large part due to the donations of those donors.

There is nothing “elitist” about the section, it is not for the “privileged”, nor is it relegated to some clique on an invite basis. Any member who can manage to save up $5 in 6 months will be able to post there if they remain within the guidelines, and even those that can’t or won’t donate that much are still able to partake in a portion of the forum still through reading the discussions going on there.

I understand the frustration and the negative feelings, but I would ask that it be looked at realistically. Judge what is free on this site, what few perks donors get, how open it will be even if posting is not allowed, and how relatively inexpensive the lowest donation level is and come to a reasonable conclusion regarding the “privileged” nature of it.

Thanks to those that helped get this section off the ground. Hope you enjoy the conversations with your fellow loungers in The Loft. Now kick your feet up and enjoy, happy posting!

Oh, bless you!!! Bless you, bless you, Bless YOU!!! I need to go do my Happy Snoopy Dance now.

Update!

We have turned on access for all silver level donors and above now. This is the final state that The Loft will be in with regards to permission for the forseeable future. All those with a $5 six month silver donation or greater will now have posting access to The Loft. Enjoy!

Had a few questions about this recently so figured I'd bump this thread.

Back
Top Bottom